Community > Introductions

1st day

(1/1)

FLLipOut:
Hey itsmeorthecan...congratulations!  Smartest move you've undoubtedly made in a very long time. Now go on over to OCTOBER 2018 and post your name, day count and promise to keep nicotine out of your body just for today. Get up tomorrow and do it again. That is the price of admission here. And it doesn't sound like it should work, but it does.

You don't have a habit. You don't even have a bad habit. You have a physical addiction to nicotine. We don't feel as crappy as you do right now after Day 1 of not biting our fingernails, right? This poison we've taken into our bodies has rewired our brains and affected our bodies in ways you may not be aware of yet. Read, read, read everything you can on this addiction. There is a great area on the site at Facts  Figures . Understand the enemy.

I was a smoker for as long as you dipped. It can be done. It isn't a part of you. Don't ever think it is too late.

quitNWinay:

--- Quote from: Itsmeorthecan ---I decided to quit dipping yesterday after I left the dentist due to the fact the day before my grandson told me when he grew up, he wanted to be just like me and dip. I have been doing this crap for years and have tried quitting many times but after what I heard my grandson tell me kind of hit home. I didn't want him to be like me always needing a dip to get through certain things in life. I have spent the last 35 years dipping and its time to put it down and walk away. Today was my first full day and I wont lie, it is pure hell!!! Ive chewed gum, sucked on suckers, sucked on jolly ranchers, felt like I was going to throat punch my boss, gone to meetings and for no reason at all just get so pissed off I had to walk out of the meeting. The suckers, Jolly Ranchers and Gum may be helping a little but not a whole hell of a lot. I just feel like I could rip someone's head off and shit down their neck and just laugh in their face! excuse my language but just being honest. I'm gonna kick this bad habit one way or another though because this has got to get easier each day!!
--- End quote ---
Welcome aboard mate!!! You are in the right place... Your introduction when read closely will reveal why we gotta kick this nicotine bitch out of our lives... We literally are being controlled by a dead plant! No more, sir... Because you have already made the decision to kick the whore in the ass!!!

What we do here is simple-
1. Post your pledge 1st thing in the morning.
2. Stay true to the pledge throughout the day.
3. Repeat, the next day!!!

We quit here one day at a time.

You will get plenty of support on the forum. Collect digits and text/call when things are bad!

You are in this group called Rawktobers and they are the best group around these days!!!

Proud to quit with you today!!!

kodiakdeath:
Leave your co-workers and family alone, and take your rage out on us - we can take it! We know what it's like. Post roll in the October group and let 'em have it!
Welcome, you found the right place to save your life. It will get easier but you gotta get through the suck first.

Samrs:

--- Quote from: Itsmeorthecan ---I decided to quit dipping yesterday after I left the dentist due to the fact the day before my grandson told me when he grew up, he wanted to be just like me and dip. I have been doing this crap for years and have tried quitting many times but after what I heard my grandson tell me kind of hit home. I didn't want him to be like me always needing a dip to get through certain things in life. I have spent the last 35 years dipping and its time to put it down and walk away. Today was my first full day and I wont lie, it is pure hell!!! Ive chewed gum, sucked on suckers, sucked on jolly ranchers, felt like I was going to throat punch my boss, gone to meetings and for no reason at all just get so pissed off I had to walk out of the meeting. The suckers, Jolly Ranchers and Gum may be helping a little but not a whole hell of a lot. I just feel like I could rip someone's head off and shit down their neck and just laugh in their face! excuse my language but just being honest. I'm gonna kick this bad habit one way or another though because this has got to get easier each day!!
--- End quote ---
Yep. That's day 1 for you alright!

You're absolutely in the right place if you want to quit. You've managed to get signed up, so I imagine you know what your next step is... get on over to the October quit group and post roll with a bunch of quitters who are going through the same things right now.

Make your promise to each other to stay quit every day by posting roll, get to know your fellow quitters, and you'll be amazed at how well it works. As addicts, we were willing to lie to ourselves, our spouses, our friends and family at the drop of a hat... here, though, you'll find yourself surrounded by people who know all those lies, those dodges, those excuses we told ourselves for years. They won't let you balk on your promise; you won't let them go back on theirs.

I dipped for 33 years before finding KTC, and I've posted - and kept - my promise for the last 561... and if I can do it, man, I know that you can do it, too!

Itsmeorthecan:
I decided to quit dipping yesterday after I left the dentist due to the fact the day before my grandson told me when he grew up, he wanted to be just like me and dip. I have been doing this crap for years and have tried quitting many times but after what I heard my grandson tell me kind of hit home. I didn't want him to be like me always needing a dip to get through certain things in life. I have spent the last 35 years dipping and its time to put it down and walk away. Today was my first full day and I wont lie, it is pure hell!!! Ive chewed gum, sucked on suckers, sucked on jolly ranchers, felt like I was going to throat punch my boss, gone to meetings and for no reason at all just get so pissed off I had to walk out of the meeting. The suckers, Jolly Ranchers and Gum may be helping a little but not a whole hell of a lot. I just feel like I could rip someone's head off and shit down their neck and just laugh in their face! excuse my language but just being honest. I'm gonna kick this bad habit one way or another though because this has got to get easier each day!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version