Community > Introductions

24 hours into quitting...

(1/1)

RickDicolus:

--- Quote from: TortillaJesus ---
--- Quote from: TribalJMD --- So I'm John, 22 from Tacoma, WA.
This is my 3rd attempt at quitting dipping, I've had enough of it. Money is tight, and it only makes it tighter. I have a wonderful girlfriend and her daughter, both of whom I want to always be around for. And of course, I just want to do it for myself, my own health.

I'm about 24 hours in, my last dip was before bed last night. That'll be another hard factor for me is the time habits: waking up, after eating, at work, before bed. Pretty much a can every day/two days.
That "fog" is definitely there, right when I woke up I've had the urges of needing it, and a dull headache throughout the day. I've actually managed to rest most of the day and drank a lot of water, but even my vision is a bit hazy today.

I am dedicated to committing to quitting for good!
--- End quote ---
John,

Welcome to KTC man. You will find that everyone here, newbie or vet has been through everything you will experience. Use them to your advantage, there is a wealth of information here.

Post up day 1 in November pre-HOF, that is your quit group. Read EVERYTHING on this site. You will find that we approach quitting day to day and you word is supreme. Rely on your determination, quit brothers and vets to see you through the hard times...and yes, there will be hard times. When you post roll you promise to not use nicotine in ANY form: GUM , PATCHES, CIGARS, PIPES, are not permitted and will be detremental to your quit. You just have to grow up an man up and go cold turkey.

Again welcome to your future. Quit stay quit, and guard you quit like you life depends on it. It does.

TJ
--- End quote ---
Just a few things to add to TJ's post;
This is not your third attempt. You are quit. Thinking in terms of try and attempts allow for failure. Also, you mention quite a few things things as your motivation, which of these is foremost? You have to be the reason you are quitting. The other motivators are nice, but if the main reason for your quit is anything else but yourself you are setting yourself up for failure.

The fog lifts and the headaches go away. Just post up in November and and make yourself accountable. Tell everyone here and in WA that you're quit. And most of all, Don't freaking dip!

TortillaJesus:

--- Quote from: TribalJMD --- So I'm John, 22 from Tacoma, WA.
This is my 3rd attempt at quitting dipping, I've had enough of it. Money is tight, and it only makes it tighter. I have a wonderful girlfriend and her daughter, both of whom I want to always be around for. And of course, I just want to do it for myself, my own health.

I'm about 24 hours in, my last dip was before bed last night. That'll be another hard factor for me is the time habits: waking up, after eating, at work, before bed. Pretty much a can every day/two days.
That "fog" is definitely there, right when I woke up I've had the urges of needing it, and a dull headache throughout the day. I've actually managed to rest most of the day and drank a lot of water, but even my vision is a bit hazy today.

--- End quote ---
John,

Welcome to KTC man. You will find that everyone here, newbie or vet has been through everything you will experience. Use them to your advantage, there is a wealth of information here.

Post up day 1 in November pre-HOF, that is your quit group. Read EVERYTHING on this site. You will find that we approach quitting day to day and you word is supreme. Rely on your determination, quit brothers and vets to see you through the hard times...and yes, there will be hard times. When you post roll you promise to not use nicotine in ANY form: GUM , PATCHES, CIGARS, PIPES, are not permitted and will be detremental to your quit. You just have to grow up an man up and go cold turkey.

Again welcome to your future. Quit stay quit, and guard you quit like you life depends on it. It does.

TJ

TribalJMD:
So I'm John, 22 from Tacoma, WA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version