Community > Introductions

Happy to Find KTC

(1/2) > >>

niwot:

--- Quote from: ust25yrdonor --- Had to share this:

The hardest part of my quit so far has been work. I work from home and basically every second for the past 10 years when I've been at my computer I've had a dip in until quit day.

It's been a battle to concentrate, talk on the phone, run reports, anything ....

So I decided to change things up - let's gut the office, paint it, and rearrange the furniture so I'm not sitting in the exact same position I was during all those years of nicotine addiction.

While cleaning things out yesterday I found 7 - yes 7 - tins of my beloved Cope long cut. The oldest from 2004 and the youngest from March 08.

If this temptation wasn't bad enough ... I was also dealing with the unusual occurance of me being home all by myself ... a cave could have been done ... and no one would know.

What happened???? Called up my brother Guero from the August 09 class and made him listen to me flush all 7 tins down the toilet.

Quit for another day!
--- End quote ---
Great post- a dedicated quitter!!!!

ust25yrdonor:
Had to share this:

The hardest part of my quit so far has been work. I work from home and basically every second for the past 10 years when I've been at my computer I've had a dip in until quit day.

It's been a battle to concentrate, talk on the phone, run reports, anything ....

So I decided to change things up - let's gut the office, paint it, and rearrange the furniture so I'm not sitting in the exact same position I was during all those years of nicotine addiction.

While cleaning things out yesterday I found 7 - yes 7 - tins of my beloved Cope long cut. The oldest from 2004 and the youngest from March 08.

If this temptation wasn't bad enough ... I was also dealing with the unusual occurance of me being home all by myself ... a cave could have been done ... and no one would know.

What happened???? Called up my brother Guero from the August 09 class and made him listen to me flush all 7 tins down the toilet.

Quit for another day!

Ready:
Welcome. You have found the best place to quit and stay that way. All of the tools and support required can be found here. You can do this. We will help.

Your quit group is June 09... here ....

index.php?showtopic=2172

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quit Groups, What do they mean, by SOS

index.php?showtopic=88

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

If you need anything else, give me a shout.

Dave.

bman50317:
Welcome and congrats on a great decision! Let make this the final quit. If you need anything, let me know.

Remshot:

--- Quote from: ust25yrdonor --- 25 years of donating to the "U.S. Tobacco Foundation" is enough!  25 years - Copenhagen mostly, about 5 tins per week recently.

Last year it really sank in that this was more than a habbit - this was drug addiction.  It's nicotine addiction .

Found a book called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. The basic premise is that smoking (chew) doesn't

help you concentrate
help you relax
help you relieve stress

Cope only appears to do these things because when you throw in the dip you are curing your nicotine withdrawal that you had going on since you spit out the last dip.  So the very thing that you think allows you to concentrate, relax, and relieve stress is doing the opposite.  It's CAUSING the lack of concentration, etc.

This is my second attempt to quit starting on Ash Wednesday.  I'm at day 9.  Last year I think I went about 80 days or so before I caved.  Last year I didn't have KTC.  I found this site today and with your guys' help - this is my last time quitting.
--- End quote ---
Welcome to the site. Get into your group and post roll every day. Use the site the way it is intended and you will beat that nasty habit.

How to post roll call

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version