Author Topic: Been cutting back, finally quit  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-08-27
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Been cutting back, finally quit
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
 just about 23 now, way to keep adding the +1s!
And now almost 53! Don't think I woulda done it without this site.
?Sit tall in the saddle; hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride.?

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
just about 23 now, way to keep adding the +1s!

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 05:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike
Congrats on 20 days!
Thanks Mike, at 22 now!
?Sit tall in the saddle; hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride.?

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Congrats on 20 days!

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Damn this is a good site, more support than I could have imagined, and you guys hounding me about posting roll will be pleased to see that I haven't missed a day since I figured it out. Day 20 and climbing ;)

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Good_ol_boy
Got it figured out, it'd be way easier if they just said to "quote, cut, paste, add name" I got this haha
Welcome to quit. Glad you figured out roll. It is the hallmark of a successful quit. Post early in the day, it is a promise to yourself and to your group that you will not use today. It is that simple, but make no mistake it is NOT easy. You must fight, resist, yell, scream, cuss, cry, whatever!! You must do anything it takes not to use for that day. Make it to the end of the day and you have won. I quit with you today. I am at 240 wins and zero losses. I have quit many time before, but never with this logic and with this accountability. You can do this.

Ryan
Keep that quit rolling. Welcome to the KTC! Get numbers and reach out.
"That's really tough man, but it doesn't sound like a very compelling reason to stick cancer in your face." j2b

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. Your death will be slow and painful.

Quit: 12/26/2012
HOF: 4/4/2013

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
Got it figured out, it'd be way easier if they just said to "quote, cut, paste, add name" I got this haha
Welcome to quit. Glad you figured out roll. It is the hallmark of a successful quit. Post early in the day, it is a promise to yourself and to your group that you will not use today. It is that simple, but make no mistake it is NOT easy. You must fight, resist, yell, scream, cuss, cry, whatever!! You must do anything it takes not to use for that day. Make it to the end of the day and you have won. I quit with you today. I am at 240 wins and zero losses. I have quit many time before, but never with this logic and with this accountability. You can do this.

Ryan

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline sporticus

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 7/15/2012
  • Interests: Golf, Running, playing dumb, being dumber
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Hi, I've been dipping Cope wintergreen LC for 8 years, at least a tin a day, some times 2. As of 8 am today (8/27/13) I have officially quit!

I just turned 25, I have been wanting to quit for a good while now. My decision to quit for good happened a little over a week ago, the cashier gave me a tin of pouches instead of LC, I decided to see how long I could make them last. I was almost at 36 hours free Friday until I started drinking, and sure enough dippin away. I still had half a tin of pouches left this morning when I got to work, I sucked on one for roughly 5 mins before realizing I was just rationalizing, if I want to quit, I have to sack up and do it, not just keep crutchin along. So here I am!
Awesome. Welcome to the mad house. You'll find all the support you need here. Remember that being here means that you will not try to quit. You WILL quit. We've all been through the bullshit that the early days of quit brings on. You'll survive it. I dipped a can a day for 15 years. This site taught me that it was possible to make it. Reach out if you need support. Again, welcome and congrats on your choice to reclaim your life.

Offline Kandalk

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Miles
Your Quit Group

Click on the link above and add your name to the list of quitters.

You CAN do this. Keep fighting!
I found the group, just can't do all the ctrl+(whatever letter) stuff

I travel for work, not always around a computer like now, this is all from my phone
Where there is a will there IS a way. You are on Day2. Well Done.
You joined yesterday and got a good bit of help, advice, and how-to's via this thread and through PMs, yet you still haven't posted roll.

What's the reason?
True story
You joined yesterday and got a good bit of help, advice, and how-to's via this thread and through PMs, yet you still haven't posted roll.

What's the reason?

Not to beat a dead horse, but need to get on and post, play with it until you can post from phone.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
Your Quit Group

I travel for work, not always around a computer like now, this is all from my phone

What's the reason?
True story
Posting roll is cumbersome at first, but becomes second nature. I post every morning using my phone, and usually before I have had my coffee. Anything I can do in the morning before coffee can be done by a trained rat.
You can do this.
Quit with you.

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Your Quit Group

What's the reason?
True story

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
Your Quit Group

What's the reason?
'finger point'
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
Your Quit Group

What's the reason?
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
Your Quit Group

Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t