Author Topic: I new also but have other issues  (Read 811 times)

Offline CopingwithoutCope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Imported beers and micro brews; Barbequeing, Grilling, and Smoking meat; Miami Dolphins; Hendrick Motorsports; and just about anything else with wheels.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I new also but have other issues
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Villiage
I hope I can keep going on this.
I tossed the can yesterday.
Only problem is I also have problems with alcohol and weed.
I thought I start by quitting drippin first
I must be a retard I can not find this roll call.
I lack experience in forums.
maybe someone can send a direct link to that area.
I way there once but I had to re login in.
It is has been tough.
I am still hanging in there.
I think the hardest parts is over.
I notice I been a little under the weather lately.
This must be part of the healling process
Try this link to the Oct 08 quit room. If you have been quit since your first post of 7/24, then that is where you would be.

index.php?showtopic=1636

If you would like me to talk you through it, PM me and give me your phone number. I will gladly help you.

Stay cool... Stay quit!
People who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those of us who are doing it.

Offline Bones

• Quitter
  • Interests: Waterfowler, 3 year old bowhunting addiction, fishing- all of it. Old washed up soccer/baseball player. I can bait a hook and untangle fishing line for kids all day everyday..
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
Village, welcome..
Go to the Quit Groups Forum.. I believe your in the November class with me.. Once your there just post up and bullshit about anything.. Namely why the hell you picked that username, then share some of the "Fog" with me.. look forward to hearing your story..
Bones
I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout. - Paul O'Niel

Offline Villiage Idoit

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
I must be a retard I can not find this roll call.
I lack experience in forums.
maybe someone can send a direct link to that area.
I way there once but I had to re login in.
It is has been tough.
I am still hanging in there.
I think the hardest parts is over.
I notice I been a little under the weather lately.
This must be part of the healling process

Offline Brent

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
Quote from: edromero
Yes I am off the green stuff too now.
The Alcohol is going to be the toughest.
javascript:emoticon("'bang head'")
still going good.
from personal experience, i can talk to you about quitting all these things. check your inbox.

i quit weed 2 years ago after a decade long every day habit. my drinking increased after that until recently when i quit the booze also. I had mixed feelings about this -I used to think " a little weed would probably calm me down while I'm quitting dip. and besides, it's tough to enjoy a dip with cotton mouth anyway"

but fuck that shit. that kind of thinking is exactly why it took me so long to realize that "there ain't nuttin to it but to do it"

however unpleasant you think it's gonna be, it's probably not nearly as bad as the guilt you are constantly beating yourself up with. or how much more unpleasant it will be if you get busted with weed on a traffic stop or whatever (if you haven't already)

one thing that has helped me is to remember that hiker from a few years ago who had to cut his own arm off with a pocketknife to survive when he got trapped under a boulder for 3 days.

if he can do that to survive, we can do this, right?

you know in your heart that you're making the right choice, and you will feel a tremendous relief (and pride, and strength and courage) when you go ahead and take the plunge.

believe me, those things feel a lot better than those substances can make you feel.
Well said Ed. That hiker's name was Aaron Ralston, by the way. He has a book out that I read called "Between a Rock and a Hard Place." I enjoyed it a lot. That is one seriously bad dude......just like all of us.
Brent

Offline edromero

• Quitter
  • Interests: banjo, fishing weightlifting reading, plants, swimming
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »
still going good.
from personal experience, i can talk to you about quitting all these things. check your inbox.

i quit weed 2 years ago after a decade long every day habit. my drinking increased after that until recently when i quit the booze also. I had mixed feelings about this -I used to think " a little weed would probably calm me down while I'm quitting dip. and besides, it's tough to enjoy a dip with cotton mouth anyway"

but fuck that shit. that kind of thinking is exactly why it took me so long to realize that "there ain't nuttin to it but to do it"

however unpleasant you think it's gonna be, it's probably not nearly as bad as the guilt you are constantly beating yourself up with. or how much more unpleasant it will be if you get busted with weed on a traffic stop or whatever (if you haven't already)

one thing that has helped me is to remember that hiker from a few years ago who had to cut his own arm off with a pocketknife to survive when he got trapped under a boulder for 3 days.

if he can do that to survive, we can do this, right?

you know in your heart that you're making the right choice, and you will feel a tremendous relief (and pride, and strength and courage) when you go ahead and take the plunge.

believe me, those things feel a lot better than those substances can make you feel.
I like my women like i like my beer: gone when i'm done

Offline Mij

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church,Family,Exercise,Beach,Piano
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
still going good.
Village' We have a alcohol quit group thread located in the wildcard section. Go there and talk to these guys, ask questions, These are some bad mofo alcohol quitters in there. They know exactly where your comming from.

PM me if you need anything.
HOF 12/8/07
2nd floor 3/17/08
3rd floor 6/25/08
4th floor 10/3/08
5th floor 1/11/09
6th floor 4/21/09
7th floor 7/30/09
8th floor 11/7/09

Offline Villiage Idoit

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
still going good.

Offline CopingwithoutCope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Imported beers and micro brews; Barbequeing, Grilling, and Smoking meat; Miami Dolphins; Hendrick Motorsports; and just about anything else with wheels.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
Nice to have you here Village. I will not call you an idiot because you have enough smarts to to do something about your addiction.

It is going to be tough, but it will be worth it. You have the support of everyone here. When you feel the rage, post it and get it out. When you feel down, let us know and someone will help you. I am also sure that you will find enough distraction in here to help. It sure has been a lifesaver for me so far.

Just remember to post roll everyday and make the commitment for that day, that you will not cave. One day at a time is how you will beat it.

Welcome
People who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those of us who are doing it.

Offline Mij

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church,Family,Exercise,Beach,Piano
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »
I'd try to include the weed in your quit as well. That's a bigger waste of time, money, and life than tobacco is. Trust me brother, you don't want to be 40 years old still smoking grass and chewing tobacco. You got to make things right.
Hit that PM button if you need a phone number.
HOF 12/8/07
2nd floor 3/17/08
3rd floor 6/25/08
4th floor 10/3/08
5th floor 1/11/09
6th floor 4/21/09
7th floor 7/30/09
8th floor 11/7/09

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
Welcome Idiot. You took the first step. Well done. That makes you NOT an Idiot. There is no "hope" or "Try" you are quit. You will probably not come up with anything that the quitters here have not dealt with. The good thing is that we all DID quit. And so shall you.

If you are serious and your word of honor means something, your gonna be just fine. Now, head over to October 08 and post roll:

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

Then make another post to introduce yourself to those that will help you save your life, If you let them. You must do the heavy lifting, but we sure as hell can help.

This site has been the difference between success and failure for many many people. It works.

Welcome.

Offline Villiage Idoit

I new also but have other issues
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »