Community > Introductions

I new also but have other issues

(1/3) > >>

CopingwithoutCope:

--- Quote from: Villiage ---
--- Quote from: Villiage --- I hope I can keep going on this.
I tossed the can yesterday.
Only problem is I also have problems with alcohol and weed.
I thought I start by quitting drippin first
--- End quote ---
I must be a retard I can not find this roll call.
I lack experience in forums.
maybe someone can send a direct link to that area.
I way there once but I had to re login in.
It is has been tough.
I am still hanging in there.
I think the hardest parts is over.
I notice I been a little under the weather lately.
This must be part of the healling process
--- End quote ---
Try this link to the Oct 08 quit room. If you have been quit since your first post of 7/24, then that is where you would be.

index.php?showtopic=1636

If you would like me to talk you through it, PM me and give me your phone number. I will gladly help you.

Stay cool... Stay quit!

Bones:
Village, welcome..
Go to the Quit Groups Forum.. I believe your in the November class with me.. Once your there just post up and bullshit about anything.. Namely why the hell you picked that username, then share some of the "Fog" with me.. look forward to hearing your story..
Bones

Villiage Idoit:

--- Quote from: Villiage --- I hope I can keep going on this.
I tossed the can yesterday.
Only problem is I also have problems with alcohol and weed.
I thought I start by quitting drippin first
--- End quote ---
I must be a retard I can not find this roll call.
I lack experience in forums.
maybe someone can send a direct link to that area.
I way there once but I had to re login in.
It is has been tough.
I am still hanging in there.
I think the hardest parts is over.
I notice I been a little under the weather lately.
This must be part of the healling process

Brent:

--- Quote from: edromero ---
--- Quote from: Villiage --- Yes I am off the green stuff too now.
The Alcohol is going to be the toughest.
javascript:emoticon("'bang head'")
still going good.
--- End quote ---
from personal experience, i can talk to you about quitting all these things. check your inbox.

i quit weed 2 years ago after a decade long every day habit. my drinking increased after that until recently when i quit the booze also. I had mixed feelings about this -I used to think " a little weed would probably calm me down while I'm quitting dip. and besides, it's tough to enjoy a dip with cotton mouth anyway"

but fuck that shit. that kind of thinking is exactly why it took me so long to realize that "there ain't nuttin to it but to do it"

however unpleasant you think it's gonna be, it's probably not nearly as bad as the guilt you are constantly beating yourself up with. or how much more unpleasant it will be if you get busted with weed on a traffic stop or whatever (if you haven't already)

one thing that has helped me is to remember that hiker from a few years ago who had to cut his own arm off with a pocketknife to survive when he got trapped under a boulder for 3 days.

if he can do that to survive, we can do this, right?

you know in your heart that you're making the right choice, and you will feel a tremendous relief (and pride, and strength and courage) when you go ahead and take the plunge.

believe me, those things feel a lot better than those substances can make you feel.
--- End quote ---
Well said Ed. That hiker's name was Aaron Ralston, by the way. He has a book out that I read called "Between a Rock and a Hard Place." I enjoyed it a lot. That is one seriously bad dude......just like all of us.

edromero:

--- Quote from: Villiage --- Yes I am off the green stuff too now.
The Alcohol is going to be the toughest.
javascript:emoticon("'bang head'")
still going good.
--- End quote ---
from personal experience, i can talk to you about quitting all these things. check your inbox.

i quit weed 2 years ago after a decade long every day habit. my drinking increased after that until recently when i quit the booze also. I had mixed feelings about this -I used to think " a little weed would probably calm me down while I'm quitting dip. and besides, it's tough to enjoy a dip with cotton mouth anyway"

but fuck that shit. that kind of thinking is exactly why it took me so long to realize that "there ain't nuttin to it but to do it"

however unpleasant you think it's gonna be, it's probably not nearly as bad as the guilt you are constantly beating yourself up with. or how much more unpleasant it will be if you get busted with weed on a traffic stop or whatever (if you haven't already)

one thing that has helped me is to remember that hiker from a few years ago who had to cut his own arm off with a pocketknife to survive when he got trapped under a boulder for 3 days.

if he can do that to survive, we can do this, right?

you know in your heart that you're making the right choice, and you will feel a tremendous relief (and pride, and strength and courage) when you go ahead and take the plunge.

believe me, those things feel a lot better than those substances can make you feel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version