Author Topic: Day 2 -  (Read 3289 times)

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
  • Interests: Drums, drumming, music, disc golf...
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 2 -
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Yesterday was 274 days quit and my first birthday since 1978 that I celebrated without a dip. Couldn't have made it this far without KTC and I give my word to keep posting roll daily.

Freedom tastes so sweet...almost as sweet as the coconut cream pie LionHeartedGirl made for me yesterday. Best birthday ever. Thanks, sweetheart. :wub:

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
Happy Bday BOOM
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Happy Birthday!!

Here's to at least 49 more! 'Cheers' 'Kiss' 'party' 'party2'
Happy birthday brother!!!!!! Make sure Daniel makes it a memorable on for sure. Lmao.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Happy Birthday!!

Here's to at least 49 more! 'Cheers' 'Kiss' 'party' 'party2'
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Erussell
Congrats to your bad ass. Bro you just made HOF! How freaking awesome. Stay close, stay diligent, and keep posting roll. Just as I told you before bro I will come looking for you lmao. It's good to have you on the train. I told you last nite in text just wait til the am and it was great to see your text this morning telling how great it felt. I quit with you and I am proud of it!  'worship'
Eddie's a li'l hyper eh? Lmao!

Congrats to you brother. 100 is a sweet lookin' number! Y'know what though... 101 is even more badass. Rock on Boom....
Thanks guys, I appreciate your support.

Eddie, I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna keep posting roll.

One day at a time.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Congrats to your bad ass. Bro you just made HOF! How freaking awesome. Stay close, stay diligent, and keep posting roll. Just as I told you before bro I will come looking for you lmao. It's good to have you on the train. I told you last nite in text just wait til the am and it was great to see your text this morning telling how great it felt. I quit with you and I am proud of it! 'worship'

Eddie's a li'l hyper eh? Lmao!

Congrats to you brother. 100 is a sweet lookin' number! Y'know what though... 101 is even more badass. Rock on Boom....
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
Congrats to your bad ass. Bro you just made HOF! How freaking awesome. Stay close, stay diligent, and keep posting roll. Just as I told you before bro I will come looking for you lmao. It's good to have you on the train. I told you last nite in text just wait til the am and it was great to see your text this morning telling how great it felt. I quit with you and I am proud of it! 'worship'
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: boomdrum
Day 67

I don't have many dippers in my social circle, so avoiding dippers isn't usually much of a problem. I have a buddy at work who's passion is drag racing motorcycles. (I like to call him Evel) He dips at night and on the weekend when he races. He's been after me to hang with him at the races, so I agreed to go yesterday evening, along with another coworker.

A little backstory...Evel's office is a couple of doors down from mine., so he's "followed" my quit in real life from the beginning. He told me early on if I made it 30 days, he'd quit, too. I've told him about KTC and the great support here. 30 days came and he wasn't ready. Then another 30 days came and he still wasn't ready.

So yesterday was my first time in the last 67 days to be in the same vehicle and hanging out with a dipper. It was fascinating. I watched Evel pack a dip within a couple of minutes of finishing a cigarette. Cigarettes and Skoal, all night long. Poor guy. My other buddy had a little pot, but he couldn't share with me because he rolled it with tobacco mixed in! WTF?

I didn't even think about caving. Not an option. I gave my word to not use nicotine yesterday and I meant it. I'm grateful for all of my fellow quitters and for the support and resources here on KTC. I need you guys. Lets do this. I quit with you all today.
Nice quitting boom.. you're starting to see tobacco users through new eyes.. When I see someone now, if there is a thought, it's just sadness for them. knowing what they're missing. Just remember this is about you. stay strong and we got your back all day long.. peace
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
Day 67

I don't have many dippers in my social circle, so avoiding dippers isn't usually much of a problem. I have a buddy at work who's passion is drag racing motorcycles. (I like to call him Evel) He dips at night and on the weekend when he races. He's been after me to hang with him at the races, so I agreed to go yesterday evening, along with another coworker.

A little backstory...Evel's office is a couple of doors down from mine., so he's "followed" my quit in real life from the beginning. He told me early on if I made it 30 days, he'd quit, too. I've told him about KTC and the great support here. 30 days came and he wasn't ready. Then another 30 days came and he still wasn't ready.

So yesterday was my first time in the last 67 days to be in the same vehicle and hanging out with a dipper. It was fascinating. I watched Evel pack a dip within a couple of minutes of finishing a cigarette. Cigarettes and Skoal, all night long. Poor guy. My other buddy had a little pot, but he couldn't share with me because he rolled it with tobacco mixed in! WTF?

I didn't even think about caving. Not an option. I gave my word to not use nicotine yesterday and I meant it. I'm grateful for all of my fellow quitters and for the support and resources here on KTC. I need you guys. Lets do this. I quit with you all today.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
This has been a busy, emotionally tough week filled with anxiety and sleepless nights. Definitely feeling the weight as I'm struggling to balance and prioritize competing responsibilities. I've taken the easy and unhealthy road so many times in the past Unfortunately, that road hasn't taken me where I wanted to go, so now I'm changing directions. The right direction..

Things on my mind this week.

I misplaced my Ipad! Fuck.....
My day job is getting busier and more stressful
My music projects are getting busier and more successful
I'm working on strengthening my connection with my 14 yr old son and 11 yr old daughter while simultaneously working on dissolving my marriage
My parents are aging rapidly and I'm coming to grips with how limited my time is with them.

I've promised myself and others that I love dearly I will never use nicotine again and I fully intend to keep that promise. But shit this week sucked...

I'm going into all day recording sessions this weekend to work on the 2nd album for a great singer. This will be the first time in my 33 yr drumming career I've recorded nic-free.

Wish me luck y'all.

I quit with you all today and thanks for listening.
I wish you luck with recording session. But as far as dip goes, there is no luck, only quit. And you either are, or you are not. Lets not think about forever right now, or "never again". For today, just think about today. I will meet you back here tomorrow and we will do the same thing. You got this man. Reach out if you need to, my number is free for the asking.

Ryan

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
This has been a busy, emotionally tough week filled with anxiety and sleepless nights. Definitely feeling the weight as I'm struggling to balance and prioritize competing responsibilities. I've taken the easy and unhealthy road so many times in the past Unfortunately, that road hasn't taken me where I wanted to go, so now I'm changing directions. The right direction..

Things on my mind this week.

I misplaced my Ipad! Fuck.....
My day job is getting busier and more stressful
My music projects are getting busier and more successful
I'm working on strengthening my connection with my 14 yr old son and 11 yr old daughter while simultaneously working on dissolving my marriage
My parents are aging rapidly and I'm coming to grips with how limited my time is with them.

I've promised myself and others that I love dearly I will never use nicotine again and I fully intend to keep that promise. But shit this week sucked...

I'm going into all day recording sessions this weekend to work on the 2nd album for a great singer. This will be the first time in my 33 yr drumming career I've recorded nic-free.

Wish me luck y'all.

I quit with you all today and thanks for listening.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
you have my support bud...if you can get through some of that awful shit you can get through this...quit on
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: jayd41
Here's more to my story....

I'm 48 and grew up in a small town in West Texas...You know, where the men were men and the sheep are nervous.  Started dipping at 13 with a couple of buddies.  We thought we were so cool as we started getting the "ring" on our back pockets.  We didn't even think about hiding it from our parents and they didn't seem to think it was big deal either.  It was SMOKELESS, so no big deal right?  I guess in their minds, at least we weren't smoking.

We ninja dipped in our junior high and high school classrooms, on the school bus traveling to football games and just about everywhere else where we couldn't dip openly.  Some of us dipped during football practice.

I've been a semi-professional drummer since the age of 15 and my skills helped me escape the small town at age 24 and make it to the big city.  Talk about culture shock...I found myself in social circles were I really didn't feel comfortable being myself.  I certainly wasn't going to dip openly in front of these cultured and educated people I found myself involved with.  I was ashamed of my background and where I came from.

Fast forward to age 29 when I met my wife.  She came from an educated and cultured family, so I certainly couldn't let her know I dipped.  I managed to stop before getting married but relapsed about 3 or 4 years into my marriage.  This began the next phase of my ninja dipping career..

I remember driving my now 14 yr old son to day care when he was little.  I'd open up a can to take a dip and hear him say "daddy what's that smell?"  I'd lie and come up with some bullshit answer. 

At one point my wife found some empty cans in a disc golf bag.  I confessed that I enjoyed dipping when playing disc golf.  No big deal, I told her..I lied..I was a liar..And I continued to lie to her up until a few days ago.

I have a day job in an office and I dipped all day during work.  I could dip without spitting and could dip just about anywhere without anyone knowing.  I had some skills.  I had empty cans hidden all over the fucking place, because I was afraid my wife or the janitors at work would see the cans if I put them in the trash can.  I'm 43 days quit and I'm still finding empty cans I've stashed in drawers, disc golf bags, drum stick bags. 

I'm proud to be 43 days quit from this 35 year addiction.    I'm in process of cleaning up my life, which includes dealing with my dysfunctional marriage of 18 years and I'm starting therapy to help address this and other emotional issues I've battled for years.  I now know and believe I'm worth it.  I've lived the majority of my life hiding and living in shame.  No more...

Thanks to everyone who has reached out for support.  I quit with you all today.
Not to get to analytical on you here bud, but being yourself and being proud of where you came from can be separate from dipping. I am from a very small community in Indiana and started dipping when we moved there. I am very proud of that place and the fact that i come from there. I am not proud that i started dipping but that probably would have happened anyhow to be honest. I spent TWO marriages trying to be someone i wasn't or trying to conform to what they wanted me to be. I am now a very happily married man, 36 days dip free. I am more myself than i have ever been and very proud of that.

Anyhow, i have no idea if that made sense or not, but quit on bud...you got this.
Thanks jayd41. I've come a long ways considering where I've come from. There's a history of some sexual abuse, drug abuse, and severe depression/anxiety in my background.

I've survived quite a bit and have accepted that all those experiences have made me who I am. I am proud of where I came from now, but I'm still a work in progress and have some cleaning up to do.

I'm getting there...

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »

I'm 48 and grew up in a small town in West Texas...You know, where the men were men and the sheep are nervous. Started dipping at 13 with a couple of buddies. We thought we were so cool as we started getting the "ring" on our back pockets. We didn't even think about hiding it from our parents and they didn't seem to think it was big deal either. It was SMOKELESS, so no big deal right? I guess in their minds, at least we weren't smoking.

We ninja dipped in our junior high and high school classrooms, on the school bus traveling to football games and just about everywhere else where we couldn't dip openly. Some of us dipped during football practice.

I've been a semi-professional drummer since the age of 15 and my skills helped me escape the small town at age 24 and make it to the big city. Talk about culture shock...I found myself in social circles were I really didn't feel comfortable being myself. I certainly wasn't going to dip openly in front of these cultured and educated people I found myself involved with. I was ashamed of my background and where I came from.

Fast forward to age 29 when I met my wife. She came from an educated and cultured family, so I certainly couldn't let her know I dipped. I managed to stop before getting married but relapsed about 3 or 4 years into my marriage. This began the next phase of my ninja dipping career..

I remember driving my now 14 yr old son to day care when he was little. I'd open up a can to take a dip and hear him say "daddy what's that smell?" I'd lie and come up with some bullshit answer.

At one point my wife found some empty cans in a disc golf bag. I confessed that I enjoyed dipping when playing disc golf. No big deal, I told her..I lied..I was a liar..And I continued to lie to her up until a few days ago.

I have a day job in an office and I dipped all day during work. I could dip without spitting and could dip just about anywhere without anyone knowing. I had some skills. I had empty cans hidden all over the fucking place, because I was afraid my wife or the janitors at work would see the cans if I put them in the trash can. I'm 43 days quit and I'm still finding empty cans I've stashed in drawers, disc golf bags, drum stick bags.

I'm proud to be 43 days quit from this 35 year addiction. I'm in process of cleaning up my life, which includes dealing with my dysfunctional marriage of 18 years and I'm starting therapy to help address this and other emotional issues I've battled for years. I now know and believe I'm worth it. I've lived the majority of my life hiding and living in shame. No more...

Thanks to everyone who has reached out for support. I quit with you all today.
Not to get to analytical on you here bud, but being yourself and being proud of where you came from can be separate from dipping. I am from a very small community in Indiana and started dipping when we moved there. I am very proud of that place and the fact that i come from there. I am not proud that i started dipping but that probably would have happened anyhow to be honest. I spent TWO marriages trying to be someone i wasn't or trying to conform to what they wanted me to be. I am now a very happily married man, 36 days dip free. I am more myself than i have ever been and very proud of that.

Anyhow, i have no idea if that made sense or not, but quit on bud...you got this.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »

I'm 48 and grew up in a small town in West Texas...You know, where the men were men and the sheep are nervous. Started dipping at 13 with a couple of buddies. We thought we were so cool as we started getting the "ring" on our back pockets. We didn't even think about hiding it from our parents and they didn't seem to think it was big deal either. It was SMOKELESS, so no big deal right? I guess in their minds, at least we weren't smoking.

We ninja dipped in our junior high and high school classrooms, on the school bus traveling to football games and just about everywhere else where we couldn't dip openly. Some of us dipped during football practice.

I've been a semi-professional drummer since the age of 15 and my skills helped me escape the small town at age 24 and make it to the big city. Talk about culture shock...I found myself in social circles were I really didn't feel comfortable being myself. I certainly wasn't going to dip openly in front of these cultured and educated people I found myself involved with. I was ashamed of my background and where I came from.

Fast forward to age 29 when I met my wife. She came from an educated and cultured family, so I certainly couldn't let her know I dipped. I managed to stop before getting married but relapsed about 3 or 4 years into my marriage. This began the next phase of my ninja dipping career..

I remember driving my now 14 yr old son to day care when he was little. I'd open up a can to take a dip and hear him say "daddy what's that smell?" I'd lie and come up with some bullshit answer.

At one point my wife found some empty cans in a disc golf bag. I confessed that I enjoyed dipping when playing disc golf. No big deal, I told her..I lied..I was a liar..And I continued to lie to her up until a few days ago.

I have a day job in an office and I dipped all day during work. I could dip without spitting and could dip just about anywhere without anyone knowing. I had some skills. I had empty cans hidden all over the fucking place, because I was afraid my wife or the janitors at work would see the cans if I put them in the trash can. I'm 43 days quit and I'm still finding empty cans I've stashed in drawers, disc golf bags, drum stick bags.

I'm proud to be 43 days quit from this 35 year addiction. I'm in process of cleaning up my life, which includes dealing with my dysfunctional marriage of 18 years and I'm starting therapy to help address this and other emotional issues I've battled for years. I now know and believe I'm worth it. I've lived the majority of my life hiding and living in shame. No more...

Thanks to everyone who has reached out for support. I quit with you all today.