Community > Introductions

Day 2 almost over!

(1/1)

T-Cell:

--- Quote from: brannonk71 --- I stumbled on this website just a little while ago as I was looking for any kind of tips or help I could find. I've been wanting to quit for some time and for whatever reason when when I ran out Tuesday night I didn't get another can and that's when I said hell with it I'm going to quit. I know I'm up against tall odds and its going to be a SOB but dammit I'm going to kick this dirty habit for good. I can tell you this I've already chewed a crap load of gum. Wish me luck.
--- End quote ---
Welcome Brannock, great decision! You can do this!
A couple things to clear up first though:
1. This is not a dirty habit, it is a nicotine addiction. A habit doesn't have the potential to kill you, an addiction does. A habit is easy to break, and addiction is damn hard to break. Don't take this lightly or you will fail.
2. None of us, including you, need luck to quit. You need intestinal fortitude, large balls, an attitude and desire to quit, some knowledge, tools, and some brothers and sisters to help hold you accountable and support you. KTC supplies the last three, you need to bring the rest.
Knowledge and accountability are the most powerful tools. Read everything you can on this site, especially everything in the Welcome Center link. Post your pledge on roll every morning to be quit that day. I'll quit with you today Bro!

05wrxing:
Awesome decision to quit man. You will feel so much better without dip in your life. The first few days are pure hell but it does get better. Just post roll early every morning and make your promise not to dip for the day. Just take it one day at a time. If you need anything just pm me. I'm always available.

mich 34:

--- Quote from: brannonk71 --- Almost forgot, for the record my quit date is 10/25/12. My chew of choice was Kodiak wintergreen and I got sucked in a little in highschool but mostly in college while playing baseball. I actually quit once and it lasted for 7 years and then I just started sneaking one while I was golfing here and there and then bam right back on the wagon. I've got a great support team my wife of 10 years, a daughter 8 and a son almost 6.

How do you become a part of the future hall of fame groups, do you actually need to post in them? Needless to say I can think very straight and all I seem to be thinking about lately is having a chew. lol

Looking foward to swapping stories of triumph and tribulation.
--- End quote ---
Yep, post with the quit group every day early - read the welcome center (link up top) quick version - your roll post in your quit group is your word to yourself and to everyone here that you will not use nicotine in any form today - do it again tomorrow - it's simple and it works - post roll and we all quit with you

brannonk71:
Almost forgot, for the record my quit date is 10/25/12. My chew of choice was Kodiak wintergreen and I got sucked in a little in highschool but mostly in college while playing baseball. I actually quit once and it lasted for 7 years and then I just started sneaking one while I was golfing here and there and then bam right back on the wagon. I've got a great support team my wife of 10 years, a daughter 8 and a son almost 6.

How do you become a part of the future hall of fame groups, do you actually need to post in them? Needless to say I can think very straight and all I seem to be thinking about lately is having a chew. lol

Looking foward to swapping stories of triumph and tribulation.

brannonk71:
I stumbled on this website just a little while ago as I was looking for any kind of tips or help I could find. I've been wanting to quit for some time and for whatever reason when when I ran out Tuesday night I didn't get another can and that's when I said hell with it I'm going to quit. I know I'm up against tall odds and its going to be a SOB but dammit I'm going to kick this dirty habit for good. I can tell you this I've already chewed a crap load of gum. Wish me luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version