Author Topic: I Quit  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
Re: I Quit
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »
Yo Yo Yo! What's Sup Homie!!! 200 days Quit!!! That's something to be really be proud of, Congrats man. Keep doing what you're doing!
I'm proud to Quit with you today and everyday brother!!!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Nice HOF YoYo. Sorry I'm a day late. You should feel 10' tall.

It keeps getting better....

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 08:43:00 PM »
As you progress in your quit, you may experience post acute withdrawal symptoms. These may catch you off guard and you'll wonder wtf is going on. This may last for two years, off and on. See my sig and intro for more details.

Quit with you today.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-31
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
So I'm 32 days in and feeling great. I got a little ornery yesterday when my buddy's family came over to eat but it wasn't too bad. When he left his can fell out of his pocket, his wife said don't forget your chew and I said yeah get it out of here or my wife will kick my ass.

11 days since my last post and not much has changed. Still get the cravings. It was odd the other night when I dreamed that I put in a chaw and woke up pissed off as hell cause I thought I caved.
This is a work weekend filled with boredom so there's going to be a helluva lot of seeds and gum.

I want to thank d.rapone from September group for checking in on me. Good dude

The Journal of Joe
Trying to earn my wife's trust One Day At A Time

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 07:28:00 AM »
Sounds crazy, but what you learn as a result of quitting the Ktc way will improve your marriage, your happiness, and your life. One day at a time Yo Yo.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
It took my wife a year to believe that I had quit. Addicts are liars, and she knows how many times I let her down.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
Today is 21 days, 3 Weeks of nic free. In all honesty, nothing much has changed in a week since my last post. Cravings are still there, I feel it in my throat and upper chest. Everything is about the same with my wife. She asks about checking in every day. She also asks every day if I chewed. She either is trying to keep me honest or doesn't trust me one bit. I'm thinking both but heavily weighed to the trust issue.

She hung out with a work buddy and his wife the other day and he said he hasn't seen me chew but saw me with a big plate of food in the breakroom. Fuck I bet I've put on 7 or 8 pounds in 3 Weeks. I thought nah, I won't eat more but that was bullshit lol. I'm working on a plan for the weight also so bear with me.

Anyway I'm happy with where I'm at and every successive day I will be just as happy. It's amazing that I haven't been a complete Dickface at home like I was before. Nic withdrawal is the real deal even if it's only for a few hours.

So I'm proud to be quit and quit everyday with you quitters.

The Journal of Joe.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 07:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: worktowin
The intros are one of the best things on Ktc. You'll look back one day and be even more pissed at what nicotine took from you.

You new guys are killing it - really motivational to see some killer new quitters!
I second that, we have a great batch of new quitters who "get it". I quit with Yo-Yo today!
Wow yoyo bring it on! Quit wood from newcomers is awesome! Rejuvenation of quitting is awesome and you are doing an awesome job for many! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »
The intros are one of the best things on Ktc. You'll look back one day and be even more pissed at what nicotine took from you.

You new guys are killing it - really motivational to see some killer new quitters!
I second that, we have a great batch of new quitters who "get it". I quit with Yo-Yo today!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 07:45:00 AM »

Offline Bert75

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »
Way to go YoYo. Keep it up!!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 06:32:00 PM »
Keep it up YOYO! This Intro journal thing is really helpful. It will help you work out your own thoughts and provide inspiration for the inevitable tough times.

I love to see those intros that have like 30+ pages, keep posting and stay strong!

Offline moequit

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 04:55:00 AM »
Great job friend! I'm on Day 2 myself, but so far so good and no horrible symptoms. Only a few thoughts about it here and there. Then again, I was only using for 1.5 years, something like a can every 3-4 days.

But just like you, I was a "ninja," hiding my use from my wife. What you wrote about her softball game and how you would've been pissed off because you couldn't dip... man that was just like me, just like how I would've thought.

And I'm so fucking pissed off at myself (and I'm sure you are too) that this fucking garbage literally turned me into a BAD husband. It's just unbelievable... some industrial crap in a can suddenly becomes more important and more worth our precious time than the woman we pledged our life and love to, than the mother of our children (if you have any...).

Thanks for writing, absolutely quit with YOU today.

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 11:27:00 PM »
Well today was 2 weeks!!! Every day is a new record. I'm very proud of where I'm at with this but I know im not even close to being out of the woods. These last 2 days at work were rough but I got through it. People at work are giving me shit about all the seeds I'm eating and I just tell them to fuck off. I asked two very close friends of mine if they wanted to quit with me and I got shot down. They look at me like I have a dick on my forehead when I explain all this Internet forum stuff to them. Their loss.

My wife and I have been getting along great. Her softball game got cancelled tonight and I was excited so I could spend time with her. Two weeks ago I would have been pissed cause I wouldn't get to chew. The last 5 days now she has asked me if I checked in.

The last few days she has asked me if I chewed at work. I look her dead in the eye, say no and move on. Before I wouldn't have looked at her, would have lied and be paranoid for the rest of the night. I know I can't blame her for asking after all the shit I put her through.

At any rate, I feel great with where I'm at. Tomorrow will be 15, another milestone for the zeros, fives and weeks :)

Thanks guys for everything. Once again this is the journal according to YoYo

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: YoYo-
I can't tell you guys how much this means to me. I go back several times a day and read this thread to get great advice and keep me hanging on. I've felt fantastic talking with my wife. I don't lie to her about chewing anymore and that's the best I've felt in years.
I think she might be coming around to this site. We took a long walk the other day and I explained everything about it in detail and what this is about. Yesterday morning she even asked if I "checked in."
Today is day 10, double digits!!! I'm super jacked about it. I'll be around a buddy of mine for a while today that chews and I won't let it get to me, not a chance.
I've been kind of using this as a journal, hope u guys don't mind.

Thanks, YoYo-
I love reading winning stories.

10 days is bad ass. One day at a time you are earning your freedom back. No more hiding. No more lying. No more shame. Freedom.

Enjoy!
This is excellent man! Your taste of freedom right now is just a hint of what it will blossom into. Enjoy every bit of this... it's you healing.
YES!!! (and I'm not talking about the band).

CELEBRATE those small milestones....every one that ends in a "0" or a "5", or multiples of a week!!! Keep stacking those milestones together....one day at a time, that's how quits are made. You earned it. Be proud....then come on back tomorrow and post an eleven!