Community > Introductions

Jeoff - Introduction

(1/1)

ZillahCowboy:
Jeoff….great job posting roll.  Glad to have you on board KTC.  It works.

Aumegrad:

--- Quote from: Jeoff on October 09, 2018, 01:05:41 PM ---DAY 4 - little late on my Intro!
Start with my real First Name is Geoff!
39 yrs old - WAS a ninja dipper extraordinaire!
I started dipping full time around 13-14 years ago - used it to quit smoking.
I smoked for many years before that!
Go to dip started as skoal wintergreen long cut then Xtra Pouches then regular Pouches.
I've "quit" a few times over the years but ALWAYS found my way back.
Usually quit with nic gum but after a few months I would say "lemme just grab a can - just 1 for fun!" then I'd be right back in it full time.
I had some boundaries that I had set up like no dipping at work or at home, those eventually all got torn down and I was doing it anywhere and everywhere: Car, bathroom, shower, house, running, work, wherever!
I got fed up with it controlling my life, it has for a long time and I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
Ready and willing to put in the TOUGH work to stay QUIT.
Happy to have found this group everyone has been awesome!
Looking forward to 10 days, 100 days, 1000 days and beyond!

--- End quote ---

Welcome Geoff/Jeoff and congratulations on your decision to quit, one of the best decisions of your life ... period.  Funny, reading your intro, I could’ve sworn I wrote.  It amazes me how many of us have similar stories.   Nicotine is a controlling hag and freedom exists beyond her grasp.

This site has a simple yet effective formula, post roll which is your promise to stay 24hr nic-free, honor your promise, do it again tomorrow, ... repeat.  You will be with the January pre-HOF group.  Get plugged in and involved, it definitely helps your quit.

Focus on 1 day at a time, they will accumulate before you know it!

Zezima:
Hell yeah man, just take it one day at a time, post your promise every day, and it gets easier and easier as the days go by!

Jeoff:
DAY 4 - little late on my Intro!
Start with my real First Name is Geoff!
39 yrs old - WAS a ninja dipper extraordinaire!
I started dipping full time around 13-14 years ago - used it to quit smoking.
I smoked for many years before that!
Go to dip started as skoal wintergreen long cut then Xtra Pouches then regular Pouches.
I've "quit" a few times over the years but ALWAYS found my way back.
Usually quit with nic gum but after a few months I would say "lemme just grab a can - just 1 for fun!" then I'd be right back in it full time.
I had some boundaries that I had set up like no dipping at work or at home, those eventually all got torn down and I was doing it anywhere and everywhere: Car, bathroom, shower, house, running, work, wherever!
I got fed up with it controlling my life, it has for a long time and I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
Ready and willing to put in the TOUGH work to stay QUIT.
Happy to have found this group everyone has been awesome!
Looking forward to 10 days, 100 days, 1000 days and beyond!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version