Community > General Discussion

Getting ready for my quit date

<< < (3/3)

Skolvikings:

--- Quote from: Chaz12b on May 28, 2019, 02:12:41 PM ---So i am mostly looking for advise and opinions with this post.  I have been chewing for 20 years and last month I finally made the decision to do something about it.  I don't want to do cold turkey as I have heard that can be the hardest way to do it so what I have been doing is cutting back.  I WAS a 1 can day but now have reduced it by half.  The method I am working on is every 2 weeks i reduce the amount I consume.  Next week I reduce more and then 2 weeks after I reduce more.  My goal right now is be able to stop nicotine use on my birthday, beginning of next month, and give my daughter nicotine free dad on her birthday, end of the month. 

Does this seem like a good method to go with?  What other factors should I take into consideration?  I have already been learning to occupy my mind with things to do, reading, working out, etc. but would just like to know what I can expect down the road.  "Know thy enemy" kind of tactics i would like to develop.

--- End quote ---

Sorry to say Chaz but there is only one tried and true method of quitting on KTC... cold, gooble gooble, turkey.  Is it hard, hell yes, but it has worked for thousands upon thousands of people before us.  I'm on day 512 and I can't explain to you how amazing it gets.  If you truly want to quit, for yourself, not your daughter, not a wife, not an insurance reason.... if you truly want to quit for yourself, stand up and flush that dead plant cancer crap down the toilet.  Post your promise in September 19  Click here >>> https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=14277.msg2299684#new and take your freedom back.

I promise you there is no time like the present, make your promise, keep your word, as long as your word is good, and repeat tomorrow... do this one day at a time and you will be soaring in no time flat.

Skol- 512 days of being a better role model for my sons

Leonidas:

--- Quote from: Chaz12b on May 28, 2019, 02:12:41 PM ---So i am mostly looking for advise and opinions with this post.  I have been chewing for 20 years and last month I finally made the decision to do something about it.  I don't want to do cold turkey as I have heard that can be the hardest way to do it so what I have been doing is cutting back.  I WAS a 1 can day but now have reduced it by half.  The method I am working on is every 2 weeks i reduce the amount I consume.  Next week I reduce more and then 2 weeks after I reduce more.  My goal right now is be able to stop nicotine use on my birthday, beginning of next month, and give my daughter nicotine free dad on her birthday, end of the month. 

Does this seem like a good method to go with?  What other factors should I take into consideration?  I have already been learning to occupy my mind with things to do, reading, working out, etc. but would just like to know what I can expect down the road.  "Know thy enemy" kind of tactics i would like to develop.

--- End quote ---
Perfect recipe for failure.
Throw it away now, go post your promise in September 19.
Tomorrow never comes

Chaz12b:
So i am mostly looking for advise and opinions with this post.  I have been chewing for 20 years and last month I finally made the decision to do something about it.  I don't want to do cold turkey as I have heard that can be the hardest way to do it so what I have been doing is cutting back.  I WAS a 1 can day but now have reduced it by half.  The method I am working on is every 2 weeks i reduce the amount I consume.  Next week I reduce more and then 2 weeks after I reduce more.  My goal right now is be able to stop nicotine use on my birthday, beginning of next month, and give my daughter nicotine free dad on her birthday, end of the month. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version