Community > General Discussion

General Discussion - 2018

<< < (111/111)

mikeupton:
I again wanted to thank everyone on this site.  I started dipping Copenhagen when I was 9 years old.  Sad, but true.  I tried the gum.  Disgusting.  Started the patch.  Didn't work.  But I became addicted to the step 2 patch because of the dreams.  I found myself wearing the patch, and still going through a can plus each day.  Two things happened.  My middle son found an empty can under the seat in my car.  He read the label, "causes cancer."  I went to my doctor.  He prescribed Chantix.  My insurance wouldn't cover it.  I went to pick it up at the pharmacy.  $85. bucks.  I make a good living.  Own my house.  And my paycheck goes to my wife.  She gives me a gas and beer allowance.  It's worked for 20 years. All excited to quit, that day, I didn't have $85  in my account.  I found this website that day.  Signed up.  Had a sponsor from my hometown in Oklahoma, as I moved to Boston 25 years ago when I got out of the Corps.  I quit that day.  My wife tolerated the mood swings, outbursts, and anger.  I quit cold turkey.  Didn't use anything to assist but peppermint life savers, calls from my sponsor, and this website.  My entire life has gotten better.  I'm 50 this year.  Besides the teeth punched out of my face when I was young, I have no gum disease, and all of my teeth, thankfully.  I still wake up every once in a while and think I cheated, because I'll put a dip in, in my dream.  But I've never gone back.  It's now been 4 years clean.  And at $7.00 plus a can.  I've easily saved over $10,000. thanks to all the support you guys have provided.  THANKS!

chewie:
Questions, comments, concerns about your quit, this forum, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version