Community > General Discussion

This web site is not user friendly

<< < (3/3)

chewie:

--- Quote from: BrianG on October 07, 2018, 11:49:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: chewie on October 02, 2018, 09:02:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dugmalus on October 01, 2018, 01:53:15 PM ---Is very difficult to find any pertinent quit info . The whole format is confusing.  I’ve been quit 70 days today and I wonder how many people have returned to nicotine from the frustration of this site?

--- End quote ---

What's confusing? What are you looking for that you can't find?

If folks are returning to nicotine because a website has changed format, that's a pretty pathetic excuse.

--- End quote ---

What I think is missing is all the old guys intros.  Some of the best things written on Ktc are in those old guys intros.  30yraddict, skoal monster, ready....and on. 
Early in my quit, these guys got me through it.   Maybe that stuff is here and I haven't looked hard enough.  I don't need these things anymore, but the question was asked.

--- End quote ---

Most of those are not here (yet). ALL of them are available in the read-only archive here: http://archive.killthecan.org/

BrianG:

--- Quote from: chewie on October 02, 2018, 09:02:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dugmalus on October 01, 2018, 01:53:15 PM ---Is very difficult to find any pertinent quit info . The whole format is confusing.  I’ve been quit 70 days today and I wonder how many people have returned to nicotine from the frustration of this site?

--- End quote ---

If folks are returning to nicotine because a website has changed format, that's a pretty pathetic excuse.

--- End quote ---

What I think is missing is all the old guys intros.  Some of the best things written on Ktc are in those old guys intros.  30yraddict, skoal monster, ready....and on. 
Early in my quit, these guys got me through it.   Maybe that stuff is here and I haven't looked hard enough.  I don't need these things anymore, but the question was asked.

chewie:

--- End quote ---

69franx:
Dugmalus, what are you looking for that you are having trouble finding?
Were you on the other site before this, or are you just getting into KTC now. If so, 70 days on your own is badass.
If you were here before, the categories are set up pretty much the same way, with some different formatting.
The old site was based on software from 2006 and a bit dated. Simple machines is a popular format for a huge number of web based forums
If you ask some questions about what you are looking for someone will be sure to help you find the answers.
If you are really having a problem, send me a PM and I will try to help out.
Spending some time getting used to the changes here is a much better choice than going back to nicotine and there are hundreds of quitters here who are willing to help in any way they can

Dugmalus:
Is very difficult to find any pertinent quit info . The whole format is confusing.  I’ve been quit 70 days today and I wonder how many people have returned to nicotine from the frustration of this site?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version