Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 21950 times)

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2022, 12:51:33 PM »
Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to pop in for a few words. Today marks 2 years, 731 days of quit for me. I can’t even begin to describe the feeling I have swelling inside of me today. I couldn’t have done this alone. Not without my wife, my friends, but of all people, you all here in this forum. I definitely want to give a special shout-out to @Skolvikings @Bug Guy and @Athan. You gifs were the pinnacles during my quit journey when I started. Even when I decided to go solo, neither of you turned your backs on me and left me out. Hope you all have a wonderful new year, let’s keep adding to those numbers.
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2020, 07:57:29 PM »
Last words I Have

To anyone out there wondering if this site is worth it and you read this, I’m here to tell you it does. Now, while I may be inactive anymore and not on the site, that doesn’t mean I don’t believe in what it’s about. I would not be here at 364 days quit without this site, hell probably wouldn’t have made it 100+ at the time. This place is a safe haven, where people here know and understand your moods/cravings, but don’t think it doesn’t come without a price. That price is promising to everyday stray from the nicotine demon. Sounds easy right? Well, it’s not always, and when those not so easy days happen, it’s your choice to still stay away from the can. You can make the choice, it’s not that hard.

Now, to the Other side of my story. I quit KTC back in August of 2020. That’s not to say I don’t believe in the site, or what everyone is preaching here. I had to stray away from the site to strengthen my quit even more so. I can say without a doubt these last 4 months have been the easiest moments of my quit. I haven’t thought about dipping, haven’t thought about how I’m quit, I just lived. Spent moments with my wife, my kids, got to welcome in my newborn with an unassisted home birth! These milestones were amazing to be there for, and I’m thankful I’ve quit so I can continue to make more memories with my family, and not have to worry when the big cancer scare will happen.

So, to answer any doubts out there that anyone may be having about this site, IT IS WORTH IT. Get in here, post up, throw the cans away, and start feeling better about yourself, your health, and your life. You can do this just like so many more before me have.

A-Aron signing off. I’ll still be around, but not really posting much anymore either. Thanks for everything!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 07:59:50 PM by A-Aron »

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
Day 362.

Hey everyone,

Been a minute. While some may care, others probably won’t, this isn’t a permanent me coming back. But it’s me poking my head back in to say, I’m still here, and I’m still quit. I’ve never get more solid in my quit, actually, nowadays, I barely remember I even dipped. I’ve long since forgotten what it’s like to have that lip full, or to go to the store for a quick can. I’ve replaced my bad habits with family time.

BIG UPDATE!

Nathanial Isaiah Green was born on October 6, 2020 weighing 9lbs 11.9oz. The biggest and healthiest baby boy ever. Boy has he gotten big, little dude is about 19lbs now at almost 3 months old(never misses a meal). I’m glad I shared a lot of the pregnancy journey with you all, he’s doing wonderful and has brought such completeness to this family.

Much love everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. If you need me, you know how to get ahold of me.

Aaron

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »
...I set a goal ....
A-Aron my brother, there's nothing you can't do! You inspire me my man.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2020, 08:49:19 AM »
Day 174(almost 175)

I figured I’d come and put up another status update on life. This years been a curious one. Between everything I’ve experienced personally, to everything going on throughout the world, nothing has made me waver from my quit. I’ve had some amazing wins over these last 6 months. We found out the wife is pregnant(baby Nathaniel is doing great, 14 weeks to go), I got promoted to Sergeant in the Army on June 1st, and I continue to get up everyday and keep nicotine off the agenda. I haven’t had any real urges over the last few weeks, hell I can barely remember these few weeks, they’ve gone by so quickly. Also, I’ve had the amazing pleasure of conducting the Renegades during their HOF month. This has been challenging a bit with my work schedule, kids, and school, but it’s been an amazing feeling helping these amazing people hit such a great milestone. The best thing that’s happened is today actually. I finally graduated. I set a goal 1.5 years ago to finish start/finish my Associates Degree, Summa Cum Laude. Today I achieved that goal. I turned in my final project today and it’s such an amazing feeling. Well anyway, that’s all i got this time.
Congrats @A-Aron and well done.
Jan19

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2020, 11:28:24 PM »
Day 174(almost 175)

I figured I’d come and put up another status update on life. This years been a curious one. Between everything I’ve experienced personally, to everything going on throughout the world, nothing has made me waver from my quit. I’ve had some amazing wins over these last 6 months. We found out the wife is pregnant(baby Nathaniel is doing great, 14 weeks to go), I got promoted to Sergeant in the Army on June 1st, and I continue to get up everyday and keep nicotine off the agenda. I haven’t had any real urges over the last few weeks, hell I can barely remember these few weeks, they’ve gone by so quickly. Also, I’ve had the amazing pleasure of conducting the Renegades during their HOF month. This has been challenging a bit with my work schedule, kids, and school, but it’s been an amazing feeling helping these amazing people hit such a great milestone. The best thing that’s happened is today actually. I finally graduated. I set a goal 1.5 years ago to finish start/finish my Associates Degree, Summa Cum Laude. Today I achieved that goal. I turned in my final project today and it’s such an amazing feeling. Well anyway, that’s all i got this time.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Cspence

• Quitter
  • Married father of 4
  • Quit Date: 10/20/2019
  • Interests: Golf, kids sports (mostly hockey), working out, fishing
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2020, 08:04:44 PM »
Day 124

Been a few weeks since I updated, I think the euphoria of HoF finally dissipated about a week ago finally. I've been super busy between my Army school for promotion and starting up my final class for my Associates. One thing I've noticed is that I rarely have cravings anymore or really any triggers. Even when I do feel a small trigger/crave, I just tend to not think about it for a few moments and it passes. By no means am I saying I've found the recipe for quitting, but by the grace of life, I've found reasons to remain quit, no matter what. There is nothing else in life that can be thrown at me that can make me want to cave and throw away 120+ days of quitting. It's something about being quit that instills such pride in myself. I love carrying my wallet on me again mainly because I know my HoF coin is inside of it. Guess that's all I got for now, updates come and go from here on out.

Aaron
Congrats man! Great update. Keep up the awesome quit. Love reading success stories like this. Makes me want to stay quit even more.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2020, 01:12:11 PM »
Day 124

Been a few weeks since I updated, I think the euphoria of HoF finally dissipated about a week ago finally. I've been super busy between my Army school for promotion and starting up my final class for my Associates. One thing I've noticed is that I rarely have cravings anymore or really any triggers. Even when I do feel a small trigger/crave, I just tend to not think about it for a few moments and it passes. By no means am I saying I've found the recipe for quitting, but by the grace of life, I've found reasons to remain quit, no matter what. There is nothing else in life that can be thrown at me that can make me want to cave and throw away 120+ days of quitting. It's something about being quit that instills such pride in myself. I love carrying my wallet on me again mainly because I know my HoF coin is inside of it. Guess that's all I got for now, updates come and go from here on out.

Aaron

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2020, 12:16:40 PM »
100 Days!!!!!!!!!

Damn proud of you bro, welcome to the HOF.  Pay it forward, many more to help.  Proud to be in your corner.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2020, 09:35:47 AM »
...My daughter used to get ahold of my can and hand it to me....
made me cringe! Right there with you bro. Onward to being better as a husband, father, and a man!
You have a great teaching tool for when your daughter is older. Sure she will be impressed and proud of you.
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2020, 06:52:54 AM »
...My daughter used to get ahold of my can and hand it to me....
made me cringe! Right there with you bro. Onward to being better as a husband, father, and a man!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »
Random thought here.

Was doing a bit of late night reading here as I tend to do oh so often. I can’t quite remember who’s intro thread I happened to be reading, but the thought finally occurred to me after 96 days. I my kids will never have to grow up asking what’s that shit in your mouth dad. My son, who looks to be like me in every way, will never have to look at me as a role model for the nic bitch. My unborn child, who I have no idea if it’s going to be girl #3 or boy #2, will never have to worry about my getting angry because I haven’t had that morning or nightly pinch of bullshit. I’ll never be broken of these addict chains that forever bind me, BUT, damn does it feel good to have them loosened, if even for a minute. I love my kids more than life itself and I’m proud to say, I QUIT NICOTINE TODAY!
You have crawled through the fog and found the true values of this life. You are a Blessed and Wealthy Man. PTQWYT.
Hear that, @ResetMyLife45 ?? ^^^ That is how you put priorities in the right order.

That may have been one of my intro posts @A-Aron, although I'm sure there are many of us .  I selfishly put that shit in my face in front of my 4 kids for years...and they were plenty old enough to know I was doing something I should not have been.  Most likely the biggest regret in my life...being a fraud to my children.  Past is past though.  They now know the power of addiction and walk my quit path with me daily.  Hopefully I can redeem myself over time and, more importantly, they will walk a different path and will not make the same mistakes I made. 

Hold the line Brother
@EXBEARHAG
You’re not wrong brother, I’ve read yours, bug guys, skols, and many others intros/threads. It gives me a lot of inspiration. My daughter used to get ahold of my can and hand it to me so I can put whatever in my mouth. I can’t believe I left it where she could get it before. But that’s the past, and I’m looking forward now. My youngest and my little one on the way will never know what their dad used to do. I appreciate the support man. Proud to be quit with you.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2020, 09:17:49 PM »
Random thought here.

Was doing a bit of late night reading here as I tend to do oh so often. I can’t quite remember who’s intro thread I happened to be reading, but the thought finally occurred to me after 96 days. I my kids will never have to grow up asking what’s that shit in your mouth dad. My son, who looks to be like me in every way, will never have to look at me as a role model for the nic bitch. My unborn child, who I have no idea if it’s going to be girl #3 or boy #2, will never have to worry about my getting angry because I haven’t had that morning or nightly pinch of bullshit. I’ll never be broken of these addict chains that forever bind me, BUT, damn does it feel good to have them loosened, if even for a minute. I love my kids more than life itself and I’m proud to say, I QUIT NICOTINE TODAY!
You have crawled through the fog and found the true values of this life. You are a Blessed and Wealthy Man. PTQWYT.
Hear that, @ResetMyLife45 ?? ^^^ That is how you put priorities in the right order.

That may have been one of my intro posts @A-Aron, although I'm sure there are many of us .  I selfishly put that shit in my face in front of my 4 kids for years...and they were plenty old enough to know I was doing something I should not have been.  Most likely the biggest regret in my life...being a fraud to my children.  Past is past though.  They now know the power of addiction and walk my quit path with me daily.  Hopefully I can redeem myself over time and, more importantly, they will walk a different path and will not make the same mistakes I made. 

Hold the line Brother

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2020, 11:33:01 AM »
Random thought here.

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2020, 11:28:19 AM »
Random thought here.

Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"