Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 21958 times)

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 04:35:03 PM »
Was 31A so I know what you mean about a plethora of chew amongst the ranks. But the good thing is, you chose to come here and say FUCK YOU nic bitch! There is no better time than now. So stick with it, grab up as many digits along the way to keep your ass ACCOUNTABLE, and keep pushing through. It's definitely worth it! But shit, you need to hit up @AWright2262 , he's Army too and also a Kentucky hillbilly lol. PTBQWTB

@Bug Guy and @AWright2262
Thank you guys for the support and some words of wisdom lol. First off, I gotta talk some shit to Bug....really, OSU fan? Gotta pick a better team than that lmao(I’m a Husker Fan, go Easy on me) lol. But seriously, means a lot to have words of encouragement daily from you guys!
Oh ffs! Shit on the buckeye fan cuz we got jobbed by the sec officials. Shit i didn't even know Nebraska still had a football team. I thought for sure they pulled the sport from their athletic department lol. Anyways, there's always basketball.

Hey, I’m just glad you went easy on me @Bug Guy lmao. We’ve had a rough couple of years, but we’ve finally got a head coach worth a damn, just need a little more talent on the field. Good to see another B1G fan on here, we’re few and sparse sometimes lol. Hey, at least we got volleyball for Nebraska lol

GO BIG RED!!!!!

@Skolvikings please tell me your a Nebraska fan too. I assume it’s yes with the GBR, but I gotta be sure
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 12:07:35 PM »
Was 31A so I know what you mean about a plethora of chew amongst the ranks. But the good thing is, you chose to come here and say FUCK YOU nic bitch! There is no better time than now. So stick with it, grab up as many digits along the way to keep your ass ACCOUNTABLE, and keep pushing through. It's definitely worth it! But shit, you need to hit up @AWright2262 , he's Army too and also a Kentucky hillbilly lol. PTBQWTB

Thank you guys for the support and some words of wisdom lol. First off, I gotta talk some shit to Bug....really, OSU fan? Gotta pick a better team than that lmao(I’m a Husker Fan, go Easy on me) lol. But seriously, means a lot to have words of encouragement daily from you guys!
Oh ffs! Shit on the buckeye fan cuz we got jobbed by the sec officials. Shit i didn't even know Nebraska still had a football team. I thought for sure they pulled the sport from their athletic department lol. Anyways, there's always basketball.

Hey, I’m just glad you went easy on me @Bug Guy lmao. We’ve had a rough couple of years, but we’ve finally got a head coach worth a damn, just need a little more talent on the field. Good to see another B1G fan on here, we’re few and sparse sometimes lol. Hey, at least we got volleyball for Nebraska lol

GO BIG RED!!!!!
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 11:34:42 PM »
So, at the end of Day 5 almost into Day 6. This hasn’t been nearly as bad as last time, but I think part of it is because I’m more motivated and I feel like some people depend on quitting daily with me, that I’m afraid to let anyone or myself down. I’m proud to have my daily quits. I know this sounds bad, but I wish I experienced things the way others are so I can help them through the tough moments. I’ve had a few bad cravings here and there, a few moments of fog, but all in all, it hasn’t been too bad. I’ve noticed I’m eating a LOT more than before, makes me question just how much food I skipped to dip instead. Sleeping is the rough part for me though, and I LOVE my sleep. The first few nights weren’t so bad, but I’ve had trouble these last two nights sleeping, so I’ve definitely gotta find someway to help remedy that. Anyway, that’s all for today’s update.

A-Aron
WUPP EDD
@A-Aron you got this. Pm me digits if you want support. WYPP EDD and let the days add up. You can do this and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 10:33:51 PM »
So, at the end of Day 5 almost into Day 6. This hasn’t been nearly as bad as last time, but I think part of it is because I’m more motivated and I feel like some people depend on quitting daily with me, that I’m afraid to let anyone or myself down. I’m proud to have my daily quits. I know this sounds bad, but I wish I experienced things the way others are so I can help them through the tough moments. I’ve had a few bad cravings here and there, a few moments of fog, but all in all, it hasn’t been too bad. I’ve noticed I’m eating a LOT more than before, makes me question just how much food I skipped to dip instead. Sleeping is the rough part for me though, and I LOVE my sleep. The first few nights weren’t so bad, but I’ve had trouble these last two nights sleeping, so I’ve definitely gotta find someway to help remedy that. Anyway, that’s all for today’s update.

A-Aron
WUPP EDD

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 07:09:29 PM »

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 02:06:13 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 01:47:22 PM »
Hello all,

So this is not my first time quitting, far from it to be honest. The thing about this time is that it will be my LAST quit and the one I truly follow through with. I've followed this website for awhile, but since I wasn't as serious about quitting as I needed to be, I refrained from posting or officially joining the site. 18 months ago my youngest daughter was born and I told my wife that I would quit. I didn't want this stuff to be around her or them to think that tobacco was okay. It's now been 18 months later and I'm just now starting my quit. I just returned from a two year tour overseas in Germany away from the family and I was trying to refrain from adding more stress to me coming home and us moving to Kentucky, but the wife and I talked and I decided now is the only time. If I don't choose to quit now, I probably never would.

I have been in the Army for 7 years now and this stuff has been around me more times than I can count or even remember, so it's definitely not going to be easy for me, but I really feel like this group can really help me stay on track on those tougher days. To anyone in the April quit group, I am here, whenever you need someone to talk to, or you need a distraction away from this crap, and i hope i can expect the same from you. To everyone else here, my name is Aaron Green, and today I become a quitter. Hope to get to know you all a lot better over the course of these next 100 days and further beyond that.

A-aron

P.S. If anyone watches Key and Peele, yes I respond to being called A-Aron...It's my favorite nickname lmao
So, the rambling continues because this fees therapeutic in some sort of weird way. Today is practically the end of day 2, and it’s really brought some things to light in my life. I NEVER realized just how much I dipped or what part of the day I dipped most until today. Today i noticed everything, when the cravings hit, around what times they were stronger, and so on and so forth. It’s disgusting just how quickly after a meal right now that I want to put one in. But the good news is, I’m still going strong. I kept my promise of quitting today, and I’m going to WUPP EDD until the day I take my last breathe. Posting roll here has already done something for me, looking at the quit group and seeing the encouragement and words of wisdom from the vets helps me out a lot. Hell, Reading Skol’s HOF speech is a big motivation for me right now, and I’ve read it at least 3 times already lol.

I truly am an addict, but from now on, I’m a quitter. It’s been wonderful to reach other to my brothers and sisters and exchange digits with the few I have already. Bring able to have people to ask questions to and get answers is just amazing. 2 years ago i tried to do this thinking I could do it alone, but boy was I a foolish 23 year old.

Alright, so today marks Day 4 of my quit. It’s official that the Nic Bitch is officially out of my system. I can’t quite say how I feel, because I can’t put it into words yet. Still pretty foggy over these last 2 days, but it’s starting to clear for me finally. Today my dad and stepmom came through on their way back to Illinois. Got to see the grand babies and myself(since i just got back from Germany). Dad was pretty proud to find out I’m on day 4 of no tobacco and that shit wasn’t in my mouth. That mans words alone mean more to me than most people can imagine. Well, glad to be onto better days, now if my stomach could just cooperate with me, that’d be great.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 10:15:40 AM »

Yes I am a Kentucky hillbilly and in the Army LOL. He told you the truth. It’s one day at a time brother we’re all in this together and accountability is key. Leaning on people to better your quit is a good thing to this day I still need someone to talk to and I’m at day 346!!!
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 02:47:10 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 08:14:35 PM »
Hello all,

So this is not my first time quitting, far from it to be honest. The thing about this time is that it will be my LAST quit and the one I truly follow through with. I've followed this website for awhile, but since I wasn't as serious about quitting as I needed to be, I refrained from posting or officially joining the site. 18 months ago my youngest daughter was born and I told my wife that I would quit. I didn't want this stuff to be around her or them to think that tobacco was okay. It's now been 18 months later and I'm just now starting my quit. I just returned from a two year tour overseas in Germany away from the family and I was trying to refrain from adding more stress to me coming home and us moving to Kentucky, but the wife and I talked and I decided now is the only time. If I don't choose to quit now, I probably never would.

I have been in the Army for 7 years now and this stuff has been around me more times than I can count or even remember, so it's definitely not going to be easy for me, but I really feel like this group can really help me stay on track on those tougher days. To anyone in the April quit group, I am here, whenever you need someone to talk to, or you need a distraction away from this crap, and i hope i can expect the same from you. To everyone else here, my name is Aaron Green, and today I become a quitter. Hope to get to know you all a lot better over the course of these next 100 days and further beyond that.

A-aron

P.S. If anyone watches Key and Peele, yes I respond to being called A-Aron...It's my favorite nickname lmao
So, the rambling continues because this fees therapeutic in some sort of weird way. Today is practically the end of day 2, and it’s really brought some things to light in my life. I NEVER realized just how much I dipped or what part of the day I dipped most until today. Today i noticed everything, when the cravings hit, around what times they were stronger, and so on and so forth. It’s disgusting just how quickly after a meal right now that I want to put one in. But the good news is, I’m still going strong. I kept my promise of quitting today, and I’m going to WUPP EDD until the day I take my last breathe. Posting roll here has already done something for me, looking at the quit group and seeing the encouragement and words of wisdom from the vets helps me out a lot. Hell, Reading Skol’s HOF speech is a big motivation for me right now, and I’ve read it at least 3 times already lol.

I truly am an addict, but from now on, I’m a quitter. It’s been wonderful to reach other to my brothers and sisters and exchange digits with the few I have already. Bring able to have people to ask questions to and get answers is just amazing. 2 years ago i tried to do this thinking I could do it alone, but boy was I a foolish 23 year old.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 03:00:58 PM »
Hello all,

A-aron

Welcome aboard A-aron! I was Navy. Smoking/chewing is darn near synonymous with service (as is drinking). Great decision and you're right about now being the time; tomorrow never comes. Got some links in my signature about nicotine addiction. Educate yourself. Knowledge is power, ignorance is terribly expensive.
Make you way on over to April 2020 and post your promise to stay clean.
Blog the quit out here, it's very therapeutic. Also, rage in here and not at home on your family or your job. Love that you've involved your bride, it's important that she knows what you're up against. There's even some information here for her.
There's already some folks in your group. Exchange digits and start building a web of accountability - it's your lifeline when you get tight.
Athan
IQWYT

Welcome @AaronLGreen.  Thank you for your service to this great country.  You've made a great decision.  This place will help you stay clean.  Follow the advice of the vets on this site such as Athan above.  They've been there and felt what you are feeling.  Let me know if you'd like my digits for added accountability.  It's an honor to be quit with you today sir. 

~HAG

@AaronLGreen First Thank you for your service -- it means a lot to me.

Second Congrats on making the BEST decision of your life -- this site and members made all of the difference to me being an addict that was a slave to my addiction to now being an addict in control of my addiction.  Posting roll EDD (every damn day) is the price of admission here -- keep that daily promise and post and you will learn to control the Nic Bitch and get your life back.

I love Key and Peele and had my fingers crossed when I saw your name that you were referring to that -- NICE!!

Hey all! Figured I’d give a little update on my own post with how today has been going. Woke up this morning and I could already tell the cravings were coming lol. So far the wife has been supportive, although she keeps making jokes about the cravings and addict I am  lol. Yesterday was still a decision I can’t believe I finally made. I took the 3 cans I had left, and dumped them in the trash. And today, I have to say, I’m already feeling good about this. My little girl woke me up this morning and to just know that I’m making this not only for me, but her, makes it worth it. Sorry for the rambling lol. Makes me feel good to have somewhere to post my thoughts.

Also: to those of you that have replied so far, thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I am almost always available when someone needs me, so if you’d like my digits, PM me!
A-Aron

Ramble on A-Aron! Lord knows I do and it does help. Welcome aboard. I think its great you woke up feeling different. Not necessarily good, but different. Feeling different is the beginning of the end. Pay attention to the changes, good and bad. For me it shows how deep the addiction went/goes. When the fog clears and the craves are less, you will notice and that is progress. When it is at its worst, know that it will get better. Be kind to yourself, breathe, back off, allow space. Change things up, stay busy. Exercise helped when the fog and squirrely stuff was strong. Physically tired helped get reasonable sleep. Know that it is a ride and an adventure. Enjoy, grit and enjoy. PM for digits if you want or if I can help. A hundred years ago I was 13E and 13F, I appreciate what you are doing.
PTQWYT  Olcpo
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
Hello all,

A-aron

Welcome aboard A-aron! I was Navy. Smoking/chewing is darn near synonymous with service (as is drinking). Great decision and you're right about now being the time; tomorrow never comes. Got some links in my signature about nicotine addiction. Educate yourself. Knowledge is power, ignorance is terribly expensive.
Blog the quit out here, it's very therapeutic. Also, rage in here and not at home on your family or your job. Love that you've involved your bride, it's important that she knows what you're up against. There's even some information here for her.
There's already some folks in your group. Exchange digits and start building a web of accountability - it's your lifeline when you get tight.
Athan
IQWYT

Welcome @AaronLGreen.  Thank you for your service to this great country.  You've made a great decision.  This place will help you stay clean.  Follow the advice of the vets on this site such as Athan above.  They've been there and felt what you are feeling.  Let me know if you'd like my digits for added accountability.  It's an honor to be quit with you today sir. 

~HAG

Second Congrats on making the BEST decision of your life -- this site and members made all of the difference to me being an addict that was a slave to my addiction to now being an addict in control of my addiction.  Posting roll EDD (every damn day) is the price of admission here -- keep that daily promise and post and you will learn to control the Nic Bitch and get your life back.

I love Key and Peele and had my fingers crossed when I saw your name that you were referring to that -- NICE!!

Hey all! Figured I’d give a little update on my own post with how today has been going. Woke up this morning and I could already tell the cravings were coming lol. So far the wife has been supportive, although she keeps making jokes about the cravings and addict I am  lol. Yesterday was still a decision I can’t believe I finally made. I took the 3 cans I had left, and dumped them in the trash. And today, I have to say, I’m already feeling good about this. My little girl woke me up this morning and to just know that I’m making this not only for me, but her, makes it worth it. Sorry for the rambling lol. Makes me feel good to have somewhere to post my thoughts.

Also: to those of you that have replied so far, thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I am almost always available when someone needs me, so if you’d like my digits, PM me!
A-Aron

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 11:35:47 AM »
Hello all,

A-aron

Athan
IQWYT

~HAG

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 09:14:49 AM »
Hello all,

A-aron

Athan
IQWYT

~HAG