Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 22853 times)

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2020, 02:04:36 PM »
Jeez brotha, i hope you're feeling better. Get some rest and take care of yourself.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »
Well,
Little bad side of updates. Currently in the ER. Don’t think it’s anything *too* major, been having stomach pains all afternoon mixed with bathroom trips and nausea. Will update more with what they say, but this shit sucks! Still, reached day 9 today, and I’m still going strong!
I hope it's just compacted bowels and everything comes out OK

The main problem is that everything is coming out too much lmao. They said I got a stomach bug, have some meds and fluids. All should be well within a day or two hopefully!
Guess we can’t say you are full of shit!! :D
LMAO that’s a GREAT way to look at it :D
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1985
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2020, 08:52:05 AM »
Well,
Little bad side of updates. Currently in the ER. Don’t think it’s anything *too* major, been having stomach pains all afternoon mixed with bathroom trips and nausea. Will update more with what they say, but this shit sucks! Still, reached day 9 today, and I’m still going strong!

The main problem is that everything is coming out too much lmao. They said I got a stomach bug, have some meds and fluids. All should be well within a day or two hopefully!
Guess we can’t say you are full of shit!! :D
Jan19

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2020, 05:07:59 AM »
Well,

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2020, 05:05:54 AM »
Well,
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2020, 02:48:34 AM »
Well,

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2020, 12:59:06 AM »
Hey @A-Aron  - Thank you for the kind words. Keep blogging it out on here it really helps me to get it down somewhere. Almost like I have permission to let go of it once written. I'm glad my rambles were of some use.

I remember times in the field when chew was my perceived "only friend", the only "pleasure" allowed. I am thinking of you as you crawl back into uniform as a quitter. You can do this. I would think you will have to make it different. I remember when I quit smoking in the Navy, I had to be in a different place, mentally and physically. A smoke break was my reward, nobody messed with me when lit. Without that I had to find a different routine to make up for the missing cigarette, walks, something new with work, I took on a different more intense job. Mixed it up. It had to be different. It worked. Didn't start chewing til I got out of the nav...another story.

Hang in there. You got this. You have dug deep before or you wouldn't still be in uniform. Keep talking to your wife even though she hasn't walked in your shoes. You need to verbalize, write talk shout whatever. Look to the next level at work or physically fit, challenge yourself. I am Proud to quit with you, Brother. One Second at a Time.
@olcpo you’re definitely right about needing to do things different getting back into the uniform. It’s a different feeling wearing that than anything else. You see a group go to the smoke pit for a break, you join them, whether you’re smoked or dipped. Now I don’t have my break I used to give myself, and I’ll have to find other ways to bide my time when I’m frustrated. Honestly, I think that’s what makes this fun to quit, and I hate to put it into those words, but yeah. It’s a challenge in life for me to overcome, just like the millions of others that have come before. This time, it’s doing it without the nic bitch guiding me, for the first time, I’m guiding myself. I think this new transition with where I’m working/what I’ll be doing will be just the kick I need to keep myself busy as well. Thanks for the kind words, proud to stay quit with you today as well.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2020, 09:03:32 AM »
Hey @A-Aron  - Thank you for the kind words. Keep blogging it out on here it really helps me to get it down somewhere. Almost like I have permission to let go of it once written. I'm glad my rambles were of some use.

I remember times in the field when chew was my perceived "only friend", the only "pleasure" allowed. I am thinking of you as you crawl back into uniform as a quitter. You can do this. I would think you will have to make it different. I remember when I quit smoking in the Navy, I had to be in a different place, mentally and physically. A smoke break was my reward, nobody messed with me when lit. Without that I had to find a different routine to make up for the missing cigarette, walks, something new with work, I took on a different more intense job. Mixed it up. It had to be different. It worked. Didn't start chewing til I got out of the nav...another story.

Hang in there. You got this. You have dug deep before or you wouldn't still be in uniform. Keep talking to your wife even though she hasn't walked in your shoes. You need to verbalize, write talk shout whatever. Look to the next level at work or physically fit, challenge yourself. I am Proud to quit with you, Brother. One Second at a Time.
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2020, 12:16:50 AM »
It’s night like this when I can’t sleep that I come to the threads. Spent the last 15-20 mins scrolling through @olcpo thread. Man you honestly should write a book, tour wording and sentence structure just had me wanting to read more, was pretty relaxing! I love reading my fellow quitters posts and threads, makes me feel not so alone in this fight. My wife doesn’t understand anything of what I’m going through, she’s never had any bad habits(except shopping at target) lol. So it’s been a bit tough for me, she’s supportive by all means, but, she doesn’t understand, and I can’t talk things through with her. I started pondering today and got lost in my own thoughts, and I had what I guess some would call my first dip dream. I dozed off on the couch for a bit, but I dreamt i was playing Xbox like normal with a fat lip in, and my first reaction was anger and anxiety. I was angry that I caved, and anxious because I’d have to message Steve and Bryce to tell them I fucked up. But thankfully, once I woke up, I realized it was but a dream. I start work tomorrow, and I’m anxious as hell. I haven’t been to work in 29 days(took leave), so this will be the first time around other nicotine users since I quit. Wish me luck all. I’m proud to be apart of KTC, and I’m proud to quit with you all today. Thanks guys!

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 10:44:37 PM »
Hey Aron. Keep on telling everyone you know that dips. I always said if I can convince 1 out of a 1,000 it was worth my time. KTC is the only reason I’m still quit alone with some great vets here. I remember being right where you are now. I was so damn foggy couldn’t remember how many days I had been quit. Hell half time I thought I had posted roll until one of my friends would be like hey you gonna post? Anyway this is your quit. You control your own destiny. Own your quit and remember it’s a helluva lot easier with help. So don’t try chewing your arm off when craving make sure you have plenty of contacts, I can promise you someday maybe not tomorrow or even next month but someday you gonna need help. Shoot me a pm I’ll be glad to help that’s how I made 1838 day’s!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2020, 09:14:03 PM »
So, I’m updating a little earlier than normal. Today is officially a week strong with the nic dick in my system. And I couldn’t be happier honestly. My body feels a hell of a lot better, and my sleep is finally starting to get back to normal(less wakeups). Talked to my Dad today, sent him this thread as a URL so he could at least read my thoughts/trials and tribulations I go through on this wicked awesome journey of quitting. I also sent it to my best friend, because he’s been curious, but he won’t accept the the link. He said if he’s going to read this and help me stay quit, then he wants to quit as well. I told him, as long as it’s his decision to quit, I’ll support him all the way. Hopefully he’ll be getting registered tomorrow or Friday. I can’t force this upon him, but I know it’s helping me, and I’ll be right there helping him too. It feels good to have a positive influence in life and be able to help give my friends one too! That’s all for today folks, WUPP EDD!!

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2020
  • Interests: Lacrosse
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2020, 10:55:06 AM »
Alright! Update time! I’m an hour shy of day 7, one week. I can’t believe it’s already been that long, but it feels like nothing to me honestly. The cravings have gone down like crazy, don’t have mood swings *too* often, but the sleeping and the oral fixations suck. I finally broke down today and bought a can of the fake stuff, not bad, long as it keeps me away from the bad shit. Sunflower seeds have definitely been helping me, just hate the leather jaw from them. Hopefully soon I’ll get back to sleeping like a bear in hibernation, this waking up every 1-2 hours fucking sucks. I’ve made some really good friends so far on here that I’m able to message and get help from. @Bug Guy @Skolvikings @Athan @jack_smiff1 @chris2alaska are just some of the people I’ve exchanged digits with so far. You guys have made this easier, appreciate the check-ins guys. That’s all I got for todays update, see y’all soon.

LETS GO!!
Chewing tobacco number one cause for ugliness.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 03:05:37 AM »
Alright! Update time! I’m an hour shy of day 7, one week. I can’t believe it’s already been that long, but it feels like nothing to me honestly. The cravings have gone down like crazy, don’t have mood swings *too* often, but the sleeping and the oral fixations suck. I finally broke down today and bought a can of the fake stuff, not bad, long as it keeps me away from the bad shit. Sunflower seeds have definitely been helping me, just hate the leather jaw from them. Hopefully soon I’ll get back to sleeping like a bear in hibernation, this waking up every 1-2 hours fucking sucks. I’ve made some really good friends so far on here that I’m able to message and get help from. @Bug Guy @Skolvikings @Athan @jack_smiff1 @chris2alaska are just some of the people I’ve exchanged digits with so far. You guys have made this easier, appreciate the check-ins guys. That’s all I got for todays update, see y’all soon.
Check it out folks - that's what winning looks like. Brother has digits, he's got a plan, he's got heart and he's committed. Hooah
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 12:11:06 AM »

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 05:29:28 PM »
Was 31A so I know what you mean about a plethora of chew amongst the ranks. But the good thing is, you chose to come here and say FUCK YOU nic bitch! There is no better time than now. So stick with it, grab up as many digits along the way to keep your ass ACCOUNTABLE, and keep pushing through. It's definitely worth it! But shit, you need to hit up @AWright2262 , he's Army too and also a Kentucky hillbilly lol. PTBQWTB

@Bug Guy and @AWright2262
Thank you guys for the support and some words of wisdom lol. First off, I gotta talk some shit to Bug....really, OSU fan? Gotta pick a better team than that lmao(I’m a Husker Fan, go Easy on me) lol. But seriously, means a lot to have words of encouragement daily from you guys!
Oh ffs! Shit on the buckeye fan cuz we got jobbed by the sec officials. Shit i didn't even know Nebraska still had a football team. I thought for sure they pulled the sport from their athletic department lol. Anyways, there's always basketball.

Hey, I’m just glad you went easy on me @Bug Guy lmao. We’ve had a rough couple of years, but we’ve finally got a head coach worth a damn, just need a little more talent on the field. Good to see another B1G fan on here, we’re few and sparse sometimes lol. Hey, at least we got volleyball for Nebraska lol

GO BIG RED!!!!!

@Skolvikings please tell me your a Nebraska fan too. I assume it’s yes with the GBR, but I gotta be sure

@A-Aron Read my interests below my name homie.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH