Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 21940 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2020, 08:30:04 PM »
So, I’ve done some self reflecting today. I’ve been thinking back on the words my dad passed along to me from my grandfather. I’ve been worried since yesterday about trying to make it back home to at least be with the family, but they said no. Grandpa was retired AirForce, so he knows the struggles of moving constantly and the financial struggles that come with the Military moving us. He would rather me spend time with my wife and kids since I was gone for 2 years and not stress, than try to figure out a way home and stress about money/driving 9 hours home. It’s amazing to me that even in his final battle with cancer, he’s still thinking more about me and my family than himself. Once I can get a copy of his obituary, I want to post it for everyone to see the man he was/will always be. RIP grandpa, I’ll always love you and cherish the asswhoopings lmao. I can’t say that this didn’t hit my resolve to stay quit today or yesterday, but I do feel more strengthened in my resolve to remain quit. I’ve gone 2 weeks without dip, without nicotine, and I feel great. I don’t think he would be happy to know his death caused a relapse for me, and for that, I’ve got to keep going. Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts so far, It truly means more than you know.
Your grandfather sounds like an incredible man. I'm sure he will be missed but there is no doubt he will continue to live on in your heart. Prayers for comfort in your time of loss and sadness. Proud to be quit with you today.
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Proud to be quit with you today.
Your Grandpa can now look down on you with pride as you continue your journey to freedom from nicotine.  He sounds like an amazing man and a great Grandfather.  Prayers be with you and your family.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline chitownsnus

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: December 6, 2019
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »
So, I’ve done some self reflecting today. I’ve been thinking back on the words my dad passed along to me from my grandfather. I’ve been worried since yesterday about trying to make it back home to at least be with the family, but they said no. Grandpa was retired AirForce, so he knows the struggles of moving constantly and the financial struggles that come with the Military moving us. He would rather me spend time with my wife and kids since I was gone for 2 years and not stress, than try to figure out a way home and stress about money/driving 9 hours home. It’s amazing to me that even in his final battle with cancer, he’s still thinking more about me and my family than himself. Once I can get a copy of his obituary, I want to post it for everyone to see the man he was/will always be. RIP grandpa, I’ll always love you and cherish the asswhoopings lmao. I can’t say that this didn’t hit my resolve to stay quit today or yesterday, but I do feel more strengthened in my resolve to remain quit. I’ve gone 2 weeks without dip, without nicotine, and I feel great. I don’t think he would be happy to know his death caused a relapse for me, and for that, I’ve got to keep going. Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts so far, It truly means more than you know.
Your grandfather sounds like an incredible man. I'm sure he will be missed but there is no doubt he will continue to live on in your heart. Prayers for comfort in your time of loss and sadness. Proud to be quit with you today.
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Proud to be quit with you today.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2020, 12:11:37 PM »
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 09:28:07 AM »
Since I’ve joined KTC, everyone has told me that you can make it through all of life’s lessons without Nic. It seems like it’s my time to get tested on that. Tonight I just found out my Grandpa passed away due to his battle with cancer. Now let me be the first to say, i don’t feel like caving in the least little bit, but I say that after just finding out. Who knows how hard the Nic bitch is about to hit me, but I’m committed to my quit. I’m literally sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes still. This will be a testament of my will. I’m proud to be be quit with you all, and I may need to lean on you brothers.

Sorry to hear it brother.  Remember, nic never solved anything or made it easier.  Use your tools.  You got this.  We are all here to lean on.
PTBQWYT my friend
Thank you. It’s pretty surreal right now, but I’m forever thankful right now to have my April brothers. I wouldn’t be okay right now if I didn’t.
One thing I’ve learned is that hardships will happen, and as a fix may feel good in the short term it has longer nastier effects. Not just physically but also mentally. It brings down our spirit to be that person we want to see in the mirror and that our friends and family need. I have gone through and continue to go through tough times with a daughter of mine. When it’s tough to see and feel I must remember I can only accept the things I can’t change.

Stay strong brother life will continue with hardship, face this and make it an example to to fight the ones to come and enjoy when life is sweet.
Sorry for your loss. With that said, one problem + nicotine equals 2 problems. So the math works best to stay quit. Life will throw crap in your path, we are here to help you move it out of the way. Use your tools and keep focusing on ODAAT.
Thinking of You, Brother. There is no emptier feeling. Like the Quit, It will never go away but it will get better. Proud to quit with you Today.
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 08:36:42 AM »
Since I’ve joined KTC, everyone has told me that you can make it through all of life’s lessons without Nic. It seems like it’s my time to get tested on that. Tonight I just found out my Grandpa passed away due to his battle with cancer. Now let me be the first to say, i don’t feel like caving in the least little bit, but I say that after just finding out. Who knows how hard the Nic bitch is about to hit me, but I’m committed to my quit. I’m literally sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes still. This will be a testament of my will. I’m proud to be be quit with you all, and I may need to lean on you brothers.

Sorry to hear it brother.  Remember, nic never solved anything or made it easier.  Use your tools.  You got this.  We are all here to lean on.
PTBQWYT my friend
Thank you. It’s pretty surreal right now, but I’m forever thankful right now to have my April brothers. I wouldn’t be okay right now if I didn’t.
One thing I’ve learned is that hardships will happen, and as a fix may feel good in the short term it has longer nastier effects. Not just physically but also mentally. It brings down our spirit to be that person we want to see in the mirror and that our friends and family need. I have gone through and continue to go through tough times with a daughter of mine. When it’s tough to see and feel I must remember I can only accept the things I can’t change.

Stay strong brother life will continue with hardship, face this and make it an example to to fight the ones to come and enjoy when life is sweet.
Sorry for your loss. With that said, one problem + nicotine equals 2 problems. So the math works best to stay quit. Life will throw crap in your path, we are here to help you move it out of the way. Use your tools and keep focusing on ODAAT.
Jan19

Offline FoodBuzz

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2020, 09:48:12 PM »

PTBQWYT my friend

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2020, 09:22:49 PM »

PTBQWYT my friend

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2020, 09:09:55 PM »

PTBQWYT my friend

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2020, 01:25:13 PM »
Alright day 13! It’s been a hell of a road so far, right now everyday seems to get easier and easier for me to keep my promise of NNT. The cravings are pretty minimal for me, the dog has cleared for a bit, thankful for however long that lasts, and my body feels like it’s back to regular again. Sleeping is getting much better, haven’t been waking up as much throughout the night these last few nights. Two weeks tomorrow, can’t believe I’ve made it this far already!
Tremendous accomplishments! Congrats @A-Aron!!

I always like to tell you newer quitters to enjoy the smooth patches but prepare and always be ready for a rough patch to hit. Fighting the nic bitch every damn day is like a roller coaster. There will be peaks and valleys of varying degrees throughout your journey, especially in the first 100 days. This is why we focus one day at a time and always nurture our accountability network. Cause no matter how easy or hard today is, we honor our word for 24 hours and then repeat.

Keep up the solid quit!
Thanks @MNxEngineer314 It's definitely been a journey so far, and you're absolutely right, some days it is like a valley, many highs and lows. I'm always prepared for the low moments, but i'm going to enjoy these great moments so much because it's so nice to have a change of pace! I'm glad to have some vets like you behind all of us new quitters, it definitely helps me want to stay to my word and being quit!

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 12:13:52 PM »
Alright day 13! It’s been a hell of a road so far, right now everyday seems to get easier and easier for me to keep my promise of NNT. The cravings are pretty minimal for me, the dog has cleared for a bit, thankful for however long that lasts, and my body feels like it’s back to regular again. Sleeping is getting much better, haven’t been waking up as much throughout the night these last few nights. Two weeks tomorrow, can’t believe I’ve made it this far already!
Tremendous accomplishments! Congrats @A-Aron!!

I always like to tell you newer quitters to enjoy the smooth patches but prepare and always be ready for a rough patch to hit. Fighting the nic bitch every damn day is like a roller coaster. There will be peaks and valleys of varying degrees throughout your journey, especially in the first 100 days. This is why we focus one day at a time and always nurture our accountability network. Cause no matter how easy or hard today is, we honor our word for 24 hours and then repeat.

Keep up the solid quit!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 12:07:37 PM »

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2020, 07:45:35 PM »
Well today is day 10, DOUBLE DIGITS BABY! In these 10 days I’ve learned a lot about myself and this thing we call the nic bitch. I Never realized just how much of a grasp the nic bitch had on me, but I absolutely am glad I’m free now. There’s so many times in these last 10 days that I’ve thought, fuck the quit, you can just stop at that gas station there, but I didn’t. I beat my own mindset of thinking like that. I’ve realized what times in life i dipped the most, because that’s when my cravings are the worst, for instance driving and doing schoolwork at night, cravings are the worst. But, I just throw some seeds in and call it a day. I’m proud of where I’ve gotten to in these 10 days and the friends and Brothers I’ve made so far with the April group. I’m hoping to become sort of a leader for the April group, help keep pushing everyone to better themselves, and make sure they’re staying committed to themselves and their quit. Idk, maybe it’s just a fantasy I have, who knows lol. Anyway, that’s it for the update for today, till next time.

Aaron

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2020, 10:24:47 PM »
Day 9...Such a wonderful feeling. Tomorrow if officially DOUBLE DIGITS!!! 10 Days, 10 days without dipping is something I thought was so far away for me. The more I read the vets of this page and their trials/tribulations, it makes me feel like anything is possible. I can't really say that this quit has been hard/bad for me. I've had a few rough days/patches, but the cravings haven't been near as bad this time as they were last time. I no longer think of dip first thing in the morning. The funny part is, 10 days in, I actually come to the forum first....waiting to see roll posted by everyone, and also to see that notification on my phone telling me I have a personal message. It's the little things that add up for me that I love so much, so thank you, everyone, for being here on this forum, and everyone in the April '20 group, thank you for helping keep me accountable so far.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk,
Aaron

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech