Author Topic: General Discussion - 2020  (Read 78329 times)

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: July 9th, 2018
  • Likes Given: 5597
Re: General Discussion - 2020
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2020, 09:28:06 AM »
First timer here. Just joined this page. I spent  three days in the hospital and two more trips to ER 34 days ago. Thought I was having a heart attack. Haven’t had a dip since, 27 years and two months on that worm dirt. Had my first anxiety attack and dealing with it everyday. Constant chest pains and feeling down my arms. Currently been on multiple pills trying to find the right ones that work. Currently using smoking mountain herbal for the feeling in my mouth. Very great page for information.
Welcome @JReed101. You've come to the right place if you're serious about the quit. I too quit dipping because of medical issues (acute diverticulitis). The anxiety is no joke for some of us, myself included. If you havent already, head on over to the quit groups and find your group (October pre-hof I think). Give an introduction and talk with your new ill, and occasionally pissed-off, like-minded friends. Learn how to post roll from them, show up everyday, and quit that nasty shit for good.

@JReed101 glad you found this place and joined.  Anxiety is very common especially early on.  I am 727 days quit right now and the anxiety was one of the toughest things to deal with.  I have leveled out probably somewhere around a year quit.  If you have been quit since you were in the hospital then you would be part of the September Quit Group.  The groups are based on when you will hit "Hall of Fame" which is 100 days nicotine free.  You would be in a group with other people that quit around the same time as you and will be going through many of the same things.  Head over to the September Slayers and post your day count on roll.  That's how we do it here, Post your promise first thing each day, keep your promise, then wake up the next day and do it again.  It's amazing how simple that is, yet it makes a huge difference for people to stay quit.

For some reference points if you haven't seen them on the main site, there is some great info on Knowing what to expect found here and here . I hope to see you in the September quit group!

Offline eevans10

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2020, 07:48:04 PM »
First timer here. Just joined this page. I spent  three days in the hospital and two more trips to ER 34 days ago. Thought I was having a heart attack. Haven’t had a dip since, 27 years and two months on that worm dirt. Had my first anxiety attack and dealing with it everyday. Constant chest pains and feeling down my arms. Currently been on multiple pills trying to find the right ones that work. Currently using smoking mountain herbal for the feeling in my mouth. Very great page for information.
Welcome @JReed101. You've come to the right place if you're serious about the quit. I too quit dipping because of medical issues (acute diverticulitis). The anxiety is no joke for some of us, myself included. If you havent already, head on over to the quit groups and find your group (October pre-hof I think). Give an introduction and talk with your new ill, and occasionally pissed-off, like-minded friends. Learn how to post roll from them, show up everyday, and quit that nasty shit for good.

Offline JReed101

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2020, 06:57:28 PM »

Offline eevans10

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
Guys....it's day 3 for me. Let me begin with this. I had a pretty severe panic attack last night. Well, it was severe for me. I've only had 2 in my life. Last night and when this whole COVID-19 stuff started. I went to the doc to just get checked out. EKG, vitals, etc were all great. They told me what I already figured, it was a anxiety attack. What I didn't realize was it was exacerbated by nicotine withdrawal. I was prescribed some "as needed" meds for the the anxiety, but they also gave me a prescription for nicotine gum. What I wanted to ask is if you all had any experience with nicotine gum. I haven't gone down that road, but just asking.
@RonnieAdams I would trash the gum man, thats not really allowed here. As far as the anxiety goes, I'm in the same boat you are.  First panic attack ever was in February at the start of my quit. I've had several since then, most recently 3 nights ago. I'll wake up from a dead sleep at 3 or 4am, or I might just be talking with a group of guys from work and the anxiety starts to build for no apparent reason.  This is the most difficult part of my quit right now. I keep those "as needed" pills close most of the time. I was embarrassed to take them at first, you know, cause I'm a grown ass man and can handle anything. I eventually realized that my Copenhagen served the same fucking purpose as those pills for the last 20+ years, it just looked tougher in my mouth. I need them less now than I did in the beginning, hopefully that trend will continue until I can leave them at home in the medicine cabinet. So, my advice (if you want it), swallow the pills when you need them, trash the fuckin gum, and do whatever you have to to stay quit.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
Guys....it's day 3 for me. Let me begin with this. I had a pretty severe panic attack last night. Well, it was severe for me. I've only had 2 in my life. Last night and when this whole COVID-19 stuff started. I went to the doc to just get checked out. EKG, vitals, etc were all great. They told me what I already figured, it was a anxiety attack. What I didn't realize was it was exacerbated by nicotine withdrawal. I was prescribed some "as needed" meds for the the anxiety, but they also gave me a prescription for nicotine gum. What I wanted to ask is if you all had any experience with nicotine gum. I haven't gone down that road, but just asking.
@RonnieAdams KTC is a NO NICOTINE site. Cold turkey is the only way to quit (here or otherwise IMO). Using nicotine products like gum only draws out the withdrawal process and is simply replacing same for same. You are addicted to nicotine. Using nicotine gum is just continuing to feed your addiction.

Anxiety attacks are incredibly common when it comes to quitting. Our brains have to get used to not being poisoned with nicotine and thus will try to use whatever subconscious methods it can to feed the addiction. I would suggest trying to implement an exercise routine, meditation, yoga or other activities known to help reduce stress and manage anxiety. You can go the meds route too if that is something you have discussed with your doctor.

You are not alone. But always remember that 1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems. Do not even THINK about using the nicotine gum and start to get involved on the site here. Share your digits with your fellow quitters and start to form relationships and accountability.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline RonnieAdams

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
Dip Flashback
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2020, 11:18:45 AM »
Last night I had a dip dream, the first one in a long time. I was somewhere outside working, and out of habit, I put a dip in. I immediately realized what I'd done and cleared my lip, thinking to myself, "Oh hell, what have I just done? Where did this come from? Jesus, I just fucked up my quit." I felt sick, and when I woke up from that nightmare, I still felt sick, sick that I'd let myself down, sick that I'd have to tell my Renegades I'd caved, and sick that I'd be starting from scratch. I know it was a dream, but that shit was about as real as a dream can get.

Don't ever tell me the nicodemon doesn't play havoc with your mind, long after you'd laid that shit down.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2020-02-05
  • Likes Given: 204
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2020, 11:56:59 AM »
My hardest day.
I woke up yesterday feeling great...day 199...getting ready to step off the elevator on the 2nd floor when addiction slapped me in the face.  Yesterday was my son's high school graduation party and family from western PA had come to join in the celebration.  The dippers came to celebrate also.  I welcomed my brother into my home and showed him around as it was the first visit to my new place.  We made our way outside to the yard and then I unconsciously did something that I haven't done in a very long time...tapped my pocket feeling for that old can of dip.  I felt a little dismayed because he didn't even have a dip in his mouth.  I dismissed the thought quickly chalking it up to years of learned behavior.  Fast forward to later in the evening as I watched as my brother peel a can from a fresh roll of cope and opened it to take a dip.  I yearned to feel that familiar burn in my lip...every time he spit I wanted to be spitting also.  The nicotine devil was not just knocking on the door, he was trying to break that fucker in two.  I went to my truck and retrieved my HOF coin.  A physical, metallic, hardcore solid reminder that brought me back to earth.  The promise I made to my Mofo crew this morning.  All of the brothers and sisters I text and speak with everyday.  The thought of letting them down was way more than the nic devil could dish out.
Never let your guard down.  The inner addict is always looking for a way out and strikes when we are at our weakest.  I am celebrating 200 days today because of all of you and I thank you from the heart.  I could have never done it without all of you.

Way to stick it to the nico demon stillbrewing, you continue to inspire everyone around you. You put so much work into your quit, I'm confident you'll push through many more of these experiences with your brothers at your side. Ive also had a few of these moments, i don't know many dippers in Cali, but i do know some smokers and lemme tell you that nico demon comes in all shapes and sizes, but its all the same poison. Thanks for sharing bud! PTBQWY
Daviddim

"The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope."

"One more is right back where you were, and where you were was desparately wishing you were where you are now"

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
My hardest day.
I woke up yesterday feeling great...day 199...getting ready to step off the elevator on the 2nd floor when addiction slapped me in the face.  Yesterday was my son's high school graduation party and family from western PA had come to join in the celebration.  The dippers came to celebrate also.  I welcomed my brother into my home and showed him around as it was the first visit to my new place.  We made our way outside to the yard and then I unconsciously did something that I haven't done in a very long time...tapped my pocket feeling for that old can of dip.  I felt a little dismayed because he didn't even have a dip in his mouth.  I dismissed the thought quickly chalking it up to years of learned behavior.  Fast forward to later in the evening as I watched as my brother peel a can from a fresh roll of cope and opened it to take a dip.  I yearned to feel that familiar burn in my lip...every time he spit I wanted to be spitting also.  The nicotine devil was not just knocking on the door, he was trying to break that fucker in two.  I went to my truck and retrieved my HOF coin.  A physical, metallic, hardcore solid reminder that brought me back to earth.  The promise I made to my Mofo crew this morning.  All of the brothers and sisters I text and speak with everyday.  The thought of letting them down was way more than the nic devil could dish out.
Never let your guard down.  The inner addict is always looking for a way out and strikes when we are at our weakest.  I am celebrating 200 days today because of all of you and I thank you from the heart.  I could have never done it without all of you.
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline NErancher

• Quitter
  • NCS
  • Quit Date: 01/16/2020
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2020, 02:21:47 PM »
What Single KTC acronym describes your quit? Please PM me a reply with your KTC name and days quit.  I want to use it on June HOF train.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
ConeCrusherMan (Day 1,241) and Bgbdbrd (Day 1,230) representing the one, the only, the legendary May 17! https://www.killthecan.org/breakfast-may17-style-with-conecrusherman-and-bgbdbrd/
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
Re: Why Your Quit Group Fucking Matters
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2020, 03:18:14 AM »
As my Quit Group, the June 2020 Renegades of Quit, rides the HoF Train, picking up 100 day passengers left and right, I've been thinking about each one of them and how important they are, not just to me, but to the group as a whole.

We're all from different places, different backgrounds, different lives, but we've got that one thing that keeps us bonded - our quits.

My Renegade brothers and sister aren't just my fellow quitters. No, they're more. They are my fellow Sheepdogs, and they help me guard my Quit just as I help them guard theirs.

See, our quits are like our sheep. They can get weak, and they need protection from the fucking Nicotine wolf. Here's the thing, though. That nicotine wolf, he's in each of us. Yeah, Shit. He's the addiction - lurking, watching, waiting, hoping.

The Addiction wolf, that's a sneaky fucker. See, he's got evil on his mind, temptation on his lips, and death in his heart. Bad fucking wolf. And he's everywhere - in a buddy's pocket, behind the counter at the store, hidden up under the truck seat. Always looking for a hole in the fence to get in to our quits.

But as a group, we're a bunch of bad ass Quitter Sheepdogs, constantly watching each other's quits as we watch our own. When the quit sheep are surrounded by the Renegade Sheepdogs, no wolf is gonna fuck with us.

I could have possibly made it to the HoF on my own, but I know I made it with my brothers and sister in Quit. My group is tight, we watch each other's 6:00, and we hold each other accountable.

That's my group. What about yours? Have you swapped digits? Have you ever actually spoken to anyone in KTC? How often do you communicate within the group? WUPP is vital. Posting that promise is PRIORITY 1, for sure, but there should be more. If all you're doing is posting that promise each day and forgetting about your group, then you're cheating yourself and you're not fucking doing enough!

Don't wait and hope somebody else will take point on this. Don't depend on the vets to be your only voices of encouragement and accountability. Step the hell up and do it yourself. Reach out. Connect. Participate.

Be a bunch of Bad Ass Sheepdogs.

These are my fellow Sheepdogs: @Mmardis @WELGE 1 @Thefranks5 @elizabeth529 @Michael_D @DTBrown @soumyadeep98 @Sm potatoes @PayDay @KieranMac17

And thanks to my Big Brother Sheepdogs @MuleMan, @stillbrewing, @NErancher, and @Bigdiesel90 for showing me how important the group is early on.
...The quit is strong within this quitter as he continues to serve quit gold to the masses!  @GS9502 I am proud to quit with you today!
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline NErancher

• Quitter
  • NCS
  • Quit Date: 01/16/2020
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2020, 10:45:45 PM »
As my Quit Group, the June 2020 Renegades of Quit, rides the HoF Train, picking up 100 day passengers left and right, I've been thinking about each one of them and how important they are, not just to me, but to the group as a whole.

We're all from different places, different backgrounds, different lives, but we've got that one thing that keeps us bonded - our quits.

My Renegade brothers and sister aren't just my fellow quitters. No, they're more. They are my fellow Sheepdogs, and they help me guard my Quit just as I help them guard theirs.

See, our quits are like our sheep. They can get weak, and they need protection from the fucking Nicotine wolf. Here's the thing, though. That nicotine wolf, he's in each of us. Yeah, Shit. He's the addiction - lurking, watching, waiting, hoping.

The Addiction wolf, that's a sneaky fucker. See, he's got evil on his mind, temptation on his lips, and death in his heart. Bad fucking wolf. And he's everywhere - in a buddy's pocket, behind the counter at the store, hidden up under the truck seat. Always looking for a hole in the fence to get in to our quits.

But as a group, we're a bunch of bad ass Quitter Sheepdogs, constantly watching each other's quits as we watch our own. When the quit sheep are surrounded by the Renegade Sheepdogs, no wolf is gonna fuck with us.

I could have possibly made it to the HoF on my own, but I know I made it with my brothers and sister in Quit. My group is tight, we watch each other's 6:00, and we hold each other accountable.

That's my group. What about yours? Have you swapped digits? Have you ever actually spoken to anyone in KTC? How often do you communicate within the group? WUPP is vital. Posting that promise is PRIORITY 1, for sure, but there should be more. If all you're doing is posting that promise each day and forgetting about your group, then you're cheating yourself and you're not fucking doing enough!

Don't wait and hope somebody else will take point on this. Don't depend on the vets to be your only voices of encouragement and accountability. Step the hell up and do it yourself. Reach out. Connect. Participate.

These are my fellow Sheepdogs: @Mmardis @WELGE 1 @Thefranks5 @elizabeth529 @Michael_D @DTBrown @soumyadeep98 @Sm potatoes @PayDay @KieranMac17

And thanks to my Big Brother Sheepdogs @MuleMan, @stillbrewing, @NErancher, and @Bigdiesel90 for showing me how important the group is early on.
PTQW all the bad ass renegades!

Offline elizabeth529

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/5/2016
  • Interests: Conspiracy Theories, Christianity, music
  • Likes Given: 136
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2020, 08:31:40 PM »

It is such a blessing to be part of a site that has each others back they way we do. I have no clue what or where I would be if I never joined. It is an honor to be part of the family and I pray for all of us to be free from the nasty nic bitch. It has not been easy but nobody said it would. Only way is cold turkey and odaat. I am at 106 and just had the best week of my quit. Then today woke up with the throat issues, nausea, fog, lethargy and bad anxiety/depression. This crap makes me feel like 2 months in again. This is when we hunker down and fight thru knowing my fellow renegades are with me. Going to ent doc on june 25 and praying that the issues are just from the quit. Praying that someday all this will be gone and trying to keep my patience as it plays out. May God bless all my renegade buds, all the vets and all the newbies. As Red Green would say “keep your stick on the ice, we are all in it together”.
I'll be praying for your Franks that everything comes out ok.  I went through the same fears and anxiety with my first quit after dipping for 21 years. My mouth was all tore up, I had lumps all over my lips and tongue and the throat feelings too.  It was terrifying! But thank the lord I was ok.  Think positive, you are more than likely ok.  Your mouth and throat are healing.  Some of the awesome vets on this site helped me to get through it.  Praying for you. <3
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday!

Offline elizabeth529

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/5/2016
  • Interests: Conspiracy Theories, Christianity, music
  • Likes Given: 136
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2020, 08:27:58 PM »

Wow! Matt, this was so creative and inspirational! I feel the same way about you and my other quit brothers. I love the analogy of the wolf trying to sneak in to kill us at any moment.  This reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures in the Bible 1 Peter 5:8 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." Great post Matt, I agree including myself, we should be more active on the forum.  One step towards complacency is another step towards that wolf sneaking in which is our addiction.
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday!