Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Dagranger
Hey Minny 365 days...Every holiday, weekend, weekeday, quit! Badass!
Holy hell bud.... Nice job! You are winning one day at a time!
Congrats on 1 yr! Keep er Rollin!
Well done. Celebrate as you have earned it. Then continue on...keeping your honor.

Right beside you each and every day,

Congrats
Awesome work brother! Enjoy your freedom, you earned it!
Nice job minny.
Congrats on year year of freedom brother.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Well done. Celebrate as you have earned it. Then continue on...keeping your honor.

Congrats
Nice job minny.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »

Congrats

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »

Congrats

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
Hey Minny 365 days...Every holiday, weekend, weekday, quit! Badass!

Offline snopro440

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-22
  • Interests: Mopars, guns and women.
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
Nice one. I figured it was a dream because I was at the River Centre yesterday doing some wireless work. There wasn't shit going on in the X, River Centre or Wilkins.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: Minny
Last night I went to a MN Wild hockey game with some friends and my friend handed me a can of dip. It had a light blue label and the flavor was Clean Mint. Not coincidentally, it was also Listerine Brand dip and the same flavor I had used to rinse my mouth after brushing my teeth. Anyway, I put in a big fat lower, closed the can and heard that familiar *click* as the lid sealed. I grabbed a Diet Mountain Dew bottle and spit, putting the bottle in the built in cup holder in the seat in front of me without even looking. Just like riding a bike, I hadn't forgotten. In fact, quitting wasn't even on my mind. The dip burned and the juice was dark while I watched the game with faceless friends. I stared at the ice as the players rushed past me but I wasn't watching. It was just me and my dip. I took it out of my mouth in one swift motion and dropped it in the DMD bottle; one final cleaning pass with my tongue and a spit; put the cap on the bottle; all done.

We were walking away from the arena and my friend offered to sell his condo in San Diego for $5,000. My wife thought we should see the place first, but I didn't care if it was a tin shack. $5,000 is a steal of a deal. We were on our beach cruisers suddenly when it hit me: I had caved. Panicked, my mind raced. What should I do? Oh my god how could I? What was I thinking? SO close to one year. Man, I am never going to live this down. I need to fess up on KTC and then never go back. I don't think I could stand it to read the comments. Back to day one.

Worst cave dream yet.

Minny.... 'Finger'

I fell for that shit, hook, line and sinker.... I was ready to flip.... not one of our Ducks, not when we are getting ready to celebrate a year together!

Proud to be quit with you brother.
You Mother fucker Minny! I fell for it too. I guess i should have known...It's not Hockey season!
I knew it was a dream right away!
guess I can unload the shotgun and get the gang out of the pickup I don't have an 8 hour road trip...you are still a dick with a 5000 buck tin shed
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Last night I went to a MN Wild hockey game with some friends and my friend handed me a can of dip. It had a light blue label and the flavor was Clean Mint. Not coincidentally, it was also Listerine Brand dip and the same flavor I had used to rinse my mouth after brushing my teeth. Anyway, I put in a big fat lower, closed the can and heard that familiar *click* as the lid sealed. I grabbed a Diet Mountain Dew bottle and spit, putting the bottle in the built in cup holder in the seat in front of me without even looking. Just like riding a bike, I hadn't forgotten. In fact, quitting wasn't even on my mind. The dip burned and the juice was dark while I watched the game with faceless friends. I stared at the ice as the players rushed past me but I wasn't watching. It was just me and my dip. I took it out of my mouth in one swift motion and dropped it in the DMD bottle; one final cleaning pass with my tongue and a spit; put the cap on the bottle; all done.

We were walking away from the arena and my friend offered to sell his condo in San Diego for $5,000. My wife thought we should see the place first, but I didn't care if it was a tin shack. $5,000 is a steal of a deal. We were on our beach cruisers suddenly when it hit me: I had caved. Panicked, my mind raced. What should I do? Oh my god how could I? What was I thinking? SO close to one year. Man, I am never going to live this down. I need to fess up on KTC and then never go back. I don't think I could stand it to read the comments. Back to day one.

Worst cave dream yet.

Minny.... 'Finger'

I fell for that shit, hook, line and sinker.... I was ready to flip.... not one of our Ducks, not when we are getting ready to celebrate a year together!

You Mother fucker Minny! I fell for it too. I guess i should have known...It's not Hockey season!
I knew it was a dream right away!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »

Worst cave dream yet.

Minny.... 'Finger'

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »

Worst cave dream yet.

Minny.... 'Finger'

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »

Worst cave dream yet.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Those that know me know that I don't like the idea of "Never Again For Any Reason". For starters, "never again" means forever, and forever is a hard concept to grasp the same way it is impossible to imagine infinity. I also think that NAFAR is the wrong approach for newbies. In the first few days of quit an hour can be long enough let alone a day. The pressure of forever can be too much. I rolled with One Day At A Time and Not Today For Any Reason. After all the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

Anyway, I'm getting closer to a NAFAR attitude. Why? I never, ever want my kids to touch it.

Never.

I want them to see tobacco for what it is: a highly addictive, life-shortening, expensive, idiotic and selfish drug that is used to generate billions in profits for large corporations through the exploitation and intentional deception of people that have one thing in common: they each only get to be on this earth once.
I hear exactly what you're saying. And it will be nice when you can confidently say "NAFAR", and know truly deep down that it is simply the way it is going to be. And raising children who don't succumb to the evil of tobacco will be extremely gratifying as well. That will be a whole separate fight in itself especially with the way the world is now. We must not let our children fall into this trap. I quit with you Minny.
Great post Minny. You rock!
Thanks for sharing.
ODAAT, QLFEDD and NAFAR Brother!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
NAFAR can be stated in different places some use it for tobacco itself. I specifically use it to define time, I never want to go through withdrawal again and I don't ever want to see a day one next to my name ever. I think for me NAFAE defines time not an action...IDK if that makes sense. They are the same in sense. I am glad that you are getting to the NAFAR side of the house.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech