Author Topic: New to the website, but so happy to start this!  (Read 784 times)

Offline tls37010

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to the website, but so happy to start this!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
Hey bud, I'm 22 and started when I was 16. I'm only a bit older than you, but believe me your addiction will not get better with time. I wish I would have quit when I was 18, but there was always a "better" time off in the future. The reality is there is never a better time than now. That may sound harsh, but it's the honest to God truth. The reasoning behind that isn't us being callous either, it is because each one of us has been in the shoes of always "quitting tomorrow" for years on end for whatever lame excuse. If you don't quit now, you may as well never quit.

It is awesome that you have a girlfriend willing to support you and help you through this. That said, you absolutely CANNOT quit for her! You have to be doing this for your own reasons, not to keep her from nagging you or telling you it's nasty, or whatever. For your quit to be successful it has be for you and you alone! 100% of your own volition! If that's not the case I suggest you reevaluate why you are quitting. If that is the case, then I suggest you buckle up and hang on for the ride, it's going to be a rough one. But, it will be worth it!

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »
You'll never find an addict that says "I wish I had dipped for 5 more years."

The fear of wondering when you'll get mouth cancer when you are older sucks bad.
---------
'boob'

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »
Be one of the smartest members of the site and quit while you are 18. Read everything you can, and quit every damn day!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
Well done posting roll!

Post first thing in The morning. Make a promise for the day.

You can do THIS.
I quit with you today!
Rawls 246
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
Quote from: 35Querro35
Hi, My name is Jason, i am 18 years old and have been addicted to this nasty substance since i was 16 years old, i am a type 1 diabetic and have had trouble controlling that since i have been dipping, I've also had a girlfriend that has been with me since i began dipping that has been encouraging me to quit and has been my only support in this, not that she has not been amazing, but i need more help and i found this website and saw this is my best choice of killing the can. I have been madly addicted, mainly during last year averaging 3 cans a day, of Copenhagen, now a days i am much better averaging only having a lip while i am driving, which is only usually 2 times a day. but i am still on Copenhagen. I am looking to quit for good and make my girlfriend, but mostly myself proud for quitting and looking to begin my journey today. i look forward to creating many friends and supporters, and to also be one myself, and starting a life to a healthier me and a happier person.
Welcome aboard my friend! First things first understand this shit is extremely hard. Sounds like you have cut way back, but that's not what we're here for. Post roll, read, listen and drink the kool-aid! You can do this and you're not alone! Quitting with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 35Querro35

• Quit Date: 2015-07-19
New to the website, but so happy to start this!
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Hi, My name is Jason, i am 18 years old and have been addicted to this nasty substance since i was 16 years old, i am a type 1 diabetic and have had trouble controlling that since i have been dipping, I've also had a girlfriend that has been with me since i began dipping that has been encouraging me to quit and has been my only support in this, not that she has not been amazing, but i need more help and i found this website and saw this is my best choice of killing the can. I have been madly addicted, mainly during last year averaging 3 cans a day, of Copenhagen, now a days i am much better averaging only having a lip while i am driving, which is only usually 2 times a day. but i am still on Copenhagen. I am looking to quit for good and make my girlfriend, but mostly myself proud for quitting and looking to begin my journey today. i look forward to creating many friends and supporters, and to also be one myself, and starting a life to a healthier me and a happier person.