Author Topic: * WUPP - The Real Commitment  (Read 2214 times)

Offline NoMoreCope

• Dark Knights October 2020
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Never Again For Any Reason
  • Quit Date: July 6th, 2020
  • Likes Given: 117
* WUPP - The Real Commitment
« on: November 26, 2020, 09:00:42 PM »
As any successfully recovering addict will tell you, the thing you are addicted to will leave a hole in you that must be filled to be successful.  For me the void was filled by the morning roll post and even more so - Flipping Roll.  I'm sure hundreds of quitters have written their posts about the importance of Wake Up, Piss, Post (WUPP), but for me, flipping roll and being the first to post was a major commitment for me to hang on to.  It didn't matter if I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep, I could always come over to this site, flip roll for my Dark Knights, post for the day and usually get back to sleep.  It was almost like having that self-inflicted responsibility gave me a purpose and set my mind at ease knowing I wasn't going to use that day.

My quit date is July 6th, 2020 and I am 144 days in right now.  I have 100% roll and only two days where I was later in the day than I should have been.  I don't say this to brag, but to illustrate that consistency is the key to success in EVERYTHING.  It doesn't matter if you're trying to lose weight or get a promotion, taking the little steps that you know are right every single day without fail is the only way to make it happen.

For me, posting roll every single day, first thing, was that "little step" that I knew was right.  I would see some people talk about roll not being flipped when they checked the site in the morning.  So, they couldn't post.  This is the reason I flipped so many days is because I didn't want myself to have an excuse to NOT post roll first thing in the morning. 

So, the next time one of the experienced quitters is riding your ass about not having posted roll early in the morning, understand that they are giving you that right "little step" that must be consistently followed everyday to be successful

I hope this post will help change your mind about what that ass-chewing is for and remember that everyone here is trying to help you be as successful as possible in your quit.

Kirk Out...

NMC
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 11:02:24 AM by chewie »