Author Topic: Quit hundreds of times..  (Read 2919 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
Re: Quit hundreds of times..
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 12:46:55 PM »
     Billy!!!!! Congratulations on 100 Bad ASS days of doing exactly what you said you would do (Laying it all out on the Field). My Quit twin from the warmer side of the planet! you were one of my first contacts, and as a fellow Thunderbird i think we both equally kept each other quit. I can honestly say i doubt i would have made it as far as i did without those early days bullshitting with you! Keep Doin you my Friend and buy you a big ole beer for 3 months of kicking the bitch to the curb! Its truly a honor to always be holding a shield next you , i woulnt have it any othe way!  '40'  'Sing and Drink'  'shots'  '3boobs'   'booby' 'Have a beer'  'lick me'
Congratulations on the HoF! So very glad that you're here - I love to see a life reclaimed from addiction. Makes me wanna dance! 'dance'

Y’all are awesome. Thanks a bunch for the encouragement. One team, one fight. Lez go
'lift'
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline All1n

• Quitter
  • Re-engage.
  • Quit Date: 12/30/20
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 06:42:21 AM »
     Billy!!!!! Congratulations on 100 Bad ASS days of doing exactly what you said you would do (Laying it all out on the Field). My Quit twin from the warmer side of the planet! you were one of my first contacts, and as a fellow Thunderbird i think we both equally kept each other quit. I can honestly say i doubt i would have made it as far as i did without those early days bullshitting with you! Keep Doin you my Friend and buy you a big ole beer for 3 months of kicking the bitch to the curb! Its truly a honor to always be holding a shield next you , i woulnt have it any othe way!  '40'  'Sing and Drink'  'shots'  '3boobs'   'booby' 'Have a beer'  'lick me'
Congratulations on the HoF! So very glad that you're here - I love to see a life reclaimed from addiction. Makes me wanna dance! 'dance'

Y’all are awesome. Thanks a bunch for the encouragement. One team, one fight. Lez go

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 02:23:43 PM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 12:45:15 PM »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 06:51:18 PM »
Grats of 50. Half way to 100. Keep the engagement and the +1s coming every day. Proud to be quit with you.
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Wolfe68

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoors, Cycling, Running, Guns, Family
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 06:59:26 AM »
Hey brothers, I just wanted to touch base and let you guys know that I'm right there with you (Day 6er). Embrace the suck (Not sure if that's this same forum but it's something I picked up years ago). I have this ridiculous repetitive habit nowadays where I buy a can after work or after having a few beers, dip it for a night, and toss it. Repeat. It's also gotten to the point now where if I dip then I start to give into other addictions which I won't get into... '40'
I know for a fact my body hates it, it clogs my sinuses damn near instantly at this point and yes I've been to the ENT before for my sore throat that I'm experiencing yet again.
I'm not here to sing you a song, just to let you guys know where I'm at. I'm so over it and must remind myself how shitty it makes me feel even though that part of my mind (that we all know) is screaming at me otherwise, every single time I go down this road; And let me tell you how cunningly deceitful and powerful that voice is..Addiction..It's a bitch but it's all self-inflicted.

I don't know how you guys feel about it but I can't have a beer at this point; I'd say realistically for 3-6 months, and even then I have to watch myself very closely...Can anyone relate to this? If my buds invite me out for brews it's just a no go for a while.

I will not be beaten by this, thanks for listening! Kick some ass this year and cheers!

I can relate to the beers. I have found a lot of non alcoholic beers that are decent. Athletic Brewing and Wolf’s Ridge are good. At least I can hang out with my friends. If they are real friends, they won’t give you shit for near beer.
Wolfe68

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 01:57:32 AM »
Chris, when you say quit alcohol for an extended period of time what period of time comes to your mind based on it being a known trigger? I know this is different from person to person but I'm just curious of your or anyone's thoughts on this...

I thought it may have been under R1deorD1e but I couldn't get any type of recognition from my emails or usernames so I just rock n' rolled.

Any comments are welcome guys.

Hey brothers, I just wanted to touch base and let you guys know that I'm right there with you (Day 6er). Embrace the suck (Not sure if that's this same forum but it's something I picked up years ago). I have this ridiculous repetitive habit nowadays where I buy a can after work or after having a few beers, dip it for a night, and toss it. Repeat. It's also gotten to the point now where if I dip then I start to give into other addictions which I won't get into... '40'
I know for a fact my body hates it, it clogs my sinuses damn near instantly at this point and yes I've been to the ENT before for my sore throat that I'm experiencing yet again.
I'm not here to sing you a song, just to let you guys know where I'm at. I'm so over it and must remind myself how shitty it makes me feel even though that part of my mind (that we all know) is screaming at me otherwise, every single time I go down this road; And let me tell you how cunningly deceitful and powerful that voice is..Addiction..It's a bitch but it's all self-inflicted.

I don't know how you guys feel about it but I can't have a beer at this point; I'd say realistically for 3-6 months, and even then I have to watch myself very closely...Can anyone relate to this? If my buds invite me out for brews it's just a no go for a while.

I will not be beaten by this, thanks for listening! Kick some ass this year and cheers!

Hi All1n,

Welcome to KTC.  First off, I will encourage you to get in to the April 2021 Group and post your promise to remain nicotine free for today. Then come back tomorrow morning when you wake up and make that promise again.  Keep doing that every day and keep your word and you have the basics for a successful quit.

Start exchanging pone numbers with other quitters in your group as well as some vets through the private message feature of the site (never in open forum). Those numbers give you instant access to support and start your web of accountability and brotherhood.

The rest you will learn as you go.

Proud to quit with you today.

P.S.  It is actually recommended that you abstain from alcohol for the at least the first couple of months of your quit anyway.  Since you already know it is a trigger for you, you might consider quitting alcohol altogether for an extended period of time.

Question for you though - "Embrace the suck" is definitely a saying that is used here quite often.  Based on your statement, have you been here before under a different name?

The amount of time totally depends on you and how will you handle triggers.  Alcohol lowers your inhibitions leaving the door open for you to say fuck it and throw a dip in.  For me personally, it was never an issue, for others, they quit nic and alcohol and never went back to either one.  If you choose to drink again, you will need to take it slow and have a plan in place so you are not tempted to go back The can.

As far as your previous account, could it have been Devlin?  Nothing is coming up with any variations on the r1deord1e.  It is quite obvious you have been here before, we just need to figure out what your previous account name was as this site runs on honesty and accountability, having a second account undermines that.  Please pm one of the admins any old emails you can remember that they can cross reference.  We will get this figured out.  I appreciate your honesty in this.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline All1n

• Quitter
  • Re-engage.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 08:53:47 PM »
Chris, when you say quit alcohol for an extended period of time what period of time comes to your mind based on it being a known trigger? I know this is different from person to person but I'm just curious of your or anyone's thoughts on this...

I thought it may have been under R1deorD1e but I couldn't get any type of recognition from my emails or usernames so I just rock n' rolled.

Any comments are welcome guys.

Hi All1n,

Welcome to KTC.  First off, I will encourage you to get in to the April 2021 Group and post your promise to remain nicotine free for today. Then come back tomorrow morning when you wake up and make that promise again.  Keep doing that every day and keep your word and you have the basics for a successful quit.

Start exchanging pone numbers with other quitters in your group as well as some vets through the private message feature of the site (never in open forum). Those numbers give you instant access to support and start your web of accountability and brotherhood.

P.S.  It is actually recommended that you abstain from alcohol for the at least the first couple of months of your quit anyway.  Since you already know it is a trigger for you, you might consider quitting alcohol altogether for an extended period of time.

Question for you though - "Embrace the suck" is definitely a saying that is used here quite often.  Based on your statement, have you been here before under a different name?

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 07:59:16 PM »

Hi All1n,

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 08:05:38 PM by chris2alaska »
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 07:56:24 PM »

Hi All1n,

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline All1n

• Quitter
  • Re-engage.
Quit hundreds of times..
« on: January 04, 2021, 07:42:10 PM »