Author Topic: Finally posting roll  (Read 16938 times)

Offline Bert75

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally posting roll
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2021, 09:47:27 AM »
Day 98. Just two days until the HOF. starting my quit feels like it was a lifetime ago. Never day 1 again. This site has helped tremendously in my quit. I would easily be 1000x more anxious and miserable if not for KTC and the brotherhood that has helped me through it all
never day 1 again is right!!! With you all the way macattack

Way to keep it rolling macattack!  You got this!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2021, 09:44:33 AM »
Day 98. Just two days until the HOF. starting my quit feels like it was a lifetime ago. Never day 1 again. This site has helped tremendously in my quit. I would easily be 1000x more anxious and miserable if not for KTC and the brotherhood that has helped me through it all
never day 1 again is right!!! With you all the way macattack
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2021, 09:04:38 AM »
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2021, 04:52:30 PM »
Allergies hitting me like a brick, congested head. On top of that I have been sleeping weird so my neck is super stiff aside from that going through a rainbow period in my quit.
Have your tried sleeping on your back?

tried that last night. not so sore today. would just love a day where I feel like I'm 100%. Feel like my body is breaking down now that I am over 30
Wait till your 51 brother. 6 hours on my feet at Disney is essentially torture; and cruel and unusual punishment
I never realized how much worry and anxiety I had. Every little pain or itch I have my mind automatically goes to worst case scenario. I don't remember ever having this mindset pre-quit
Your body is just adjusting to the new normal - it is a process. I know it is hard to hear, but give it time. The new you is going to be the best version ever. I still remember the times you are experiencing. That is why I WUPP EDD, I am never going back. The light will get brighter and the new norm will put a smile on your face. Just going to have to patience my brother and trust the process.

I never am going back. all the stress I have now isn't worth it, there are also countless other reasons why I will never go back. I just never realized what healing would actually be like. The idea I had of what quitting would be like is totally different than what has happened over the past 91 days
Quitting proved that I suffered from silent reflux which I finally have somewhat under control. I daily deal with the phlegm feeling with sinus congestion which also gives me a stick neck on the worst days. Not sure if that is something you might be dealing with or not. If you check out www.wipeoutreflux.com there is a test there that you can take that will help you figure out if you might suffer from it or not. I second Keith as you will go thru changes for a while as I had to also. Even at 384 days I have massive craves and anxiety attacks which I never had before. Wish you well my friend and will be praying for ya.

Doug

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »
Allergies hitting me like a brick, congested head. On top of that I have been sleeping weird so my neck is super stiff aside from that going through a rainbow period in my quit.

tried that last night. not so sore today. would just love a day where I feel like I'm 100%. Feel like my body is breaking down now that I am over 30
Wait till your 51 brother. 6 hours on my feet at Disney is essentially torture; and cruel and unusual punishment
I never realized how much worry and anxiety I had. Every little pain or itch I have my mind automatically goes to worst case scenario. I don't remember ever having this mindset pre-quit
Your body is just adjusting to the new normal - it is a process. I know it is hard to hear, but give it time. The new you is going to be the best version ever. I still remember the times you are experiencing. That is why I WUPP EDD, I am never going back. The light will get brighter and the new norm will put a smile on your face. Just going to have to patience my brother and trust the process.

I never am going back. all the stress I have now isn't worth it, there are also countless other reasons why I will never go back. I just never realized what healing would actually be like. The idea I had of what quitting would be like is totally different than what has happened over the past 91 days
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2021, 11:26:16 AM »

Jan19

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2021, 10:04:27 AM »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:17:52 AM by macattack »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2021, 05:15:43 PM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2021, 03:25:58 PM »
probably feeling right now the best I have felt in several days *knock on wood.

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2021, 09:20:49 AM »

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2021, 08:51:29 AM »

Offline Hill_Monkey

• Uncultured swine
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: October 11th, 2020
  • Interests: Guns, shooting, hunting
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2021, 02:18:57 PM »
the hold this addiction and the nic b*tch has on you is amazing....I feel like I have more cravings now than I did when I first quit. The fog might have been a factor then, but the last two weeks I've had cravings what feels like every two days
Also what I thought cravings would be like and what they are actually like are two different things. I thought they’d be more mental (at times they can be) but I’ve had a lot of physical cravings of my mouth feeling off until I throw fake dip in and then things feel fine afterwards
I'm 158 days in and my mouth is still fucky. I don't get why.

I would assume that our mouth/mind still isn't used to not doing something we did for years/decades. Plenty of veterans attest it does get better. I'm just amazed and how my body has reacted. I always assumed in the past, quitting would entail being stronger than a mental urge but its been so much more than that

Just don't go wandering off into the woods for 3 days like WrestlingAddiction did. 

I will tell you that the years of damage we did to our mouths and bodies is going to take a hell of a lot longer to correct than 100, 200 days.  I would bet that there is a mathematical formula for it. 

Way to keep holding the line Mac!  You are a beacon of light for all of us quitters.  We all feel/felt those same pains.

It gets better.  Trust me.  PTBQWYT.

-Jeff
378 days for me and I still feel that way with the mouth. I had actually quit fake for a month in my early 200's to get my reflux in check and that was just as bad as first 30 days. I like to have the fake but it does instigate my reflux from either the cayenne in smokey mountain or the vinegar in baccoff. I had a vet in the comma club tell me he even has the fog and craves show up so it happens. It does get easier and I know because now I can fight thru even without the fake but it does make it better. Keep pushing thru knowing that it gets better and will be easier. Keep posting here and don't be afraid to reach out to others if you have their digits. Find an outlet even if it distracts you for a few minutes and set goals for yourself. I drive alot for my job and I had set mileage goals the first year because staring at that windshield really sucked for distractions. We have some great people here that are willing to help and if you need anything let me know. Now I will copy what Jeff did and put my name below which I like as its more personal that way.

Doug
y’all are some badass quitters , we in the suck and that’s sucks #suckon Mac suckon!                                   -nick-
I’m kinda diggin’ this little convo. It 100% reminds us old heads of that part of quitting we do NOT want to have to deal with again!

Funks suck.
Healing sucks.
White knuckling sucks.

But as has been said... if you want freedom from this you have to pay the price. What you guys are going through is forging your quit for the rest of your lives and... your personality in a way that will constantly be revealing itself. Each quitters timeline is so different. I wish there WAS a sharply defined timeline we could get out there... it certainly would feel better than just a “hang in there” sometimes but... life ain’t tidy like that.

It gets better.
It really does.
And in ways that will surprise you.

I finally felt solid close to the time I hit 500ish. Like... ok, yeah, this is easy. This is goooood. I’m about a HOF away from 3,000 right now and let me tell ya... it’s no effort to be quit. I’m done “quitting”... I’m Quit. Easy is the wrong word anymore because, like you guys are doing now, I put in the work and I mucked through the suck and I owned it. Easy? Nah... normal. The new normal, I guess.

Anyway... I ramble. Rock on, bros. QLF.

Some days are better than others. But that's how life is in general. I'm still adjusting to the new normal and adjusting to it. glad to be apart of this brotherhood. for sure don't ever want to have to deal with this ever again and I am still in the midst of it.
It does get better. We conditioned our bodies to want the dip, and the dip conditioned our minds to need the nicotine. Man, it's a wicked cycle. We do it because. I couldn't tell you the last time I got that good relaxed, almost buzzing feeling from dip. It was years, I'm sure, mainly because I never let myself go too long without a dip. Not even while I was asleep.

You may be in the midst of a royal mindfuck right now. The Nic bitch is crazy; she's whispering in your ear one minute, tickling your lip the next, and winding up to punch you in the skull when you don't give in.

Don't listen to the whisper. Ignore that tickle. Take that beating. With every daily promise, with every HOF speech read, with every text with a KTC brother or sister, you are getting stronger and solidifying your quit. You're right. Day 1 again? Fuck that. Be here, where you are, today. That's all that matters. PTBQWY.

Good info, thanks for chiming in vets.

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2021, 01:42:21 PM »
the hold this addiction and the nic b*tch has on you is amazing....I feel like I have more cravings now than I did when I first quit. The fog might have been a factor then, but the last two weeks I've had cravings what feels like every two days
Also what I thought cravings would be like and what they are actually like are two different things. I thought they’d be more mental (at times they can be) but I’ve had a lot of physical cravings of my mouth feeling off until I throw fake dip in and then things feel fine afterwards

I would assume that our mouth/mind still isn't used to not doing something we did for years/decades. Plenty of veterans attest it does get better. I'm just amazed and how my body has reacted. I always assumed in the past, quitting would entail being stronger than a mental urge but its been so much more than that

Just don't go wandering off into the woods for 3 days like WrestlingAddiction did. 

I will tell you that the years of damage we did to our mouths and bodies is going to take a hell of a lot longer to correct than 100, 200 days.  I would bet that there is a mathematical formula for it. 

Way to keep holding the line Mac!  You are a beacon of light for all of us quitters.  We all feel/felt those same pains.

-Jeff
378 days for me and I still feel that way with the mouth. I had actually quit fake for a month in my early 200's to get my reflux in check and that was just as bad as first 30 days. I like to have the fake but it does instigate my reflux from either the cayenne in smokey mountain or the vinegar in baccoff. I had a vet in the comma club tell me he even has the fog and craves show up so it happens. It does get easier and I know because now I can fight thru even without the fake but it does make it better. Keep pushing thru knowing that it gets better and will be easier. Keep posting here and don't be afraid to reach out to others if you have their digits. Find an outlet even if it distracts you for a few minutes and set goals for yourself. I drive alot for my job and I had set mileage goals the first year because staring at that windshield really sucked for distractions. We have some great people here that are willing to help and if you need anything let me know. Now I will copy what Jeff did and put my name below which I like as its more personal that way.

Doug
y’all are some badass quitters , we in the suck and that’s sucks #suckon Mac suckon!                                   -nick-
I’m kinda diggin’ this little convo. It 100% reminds us old heads of that part of quitting we do NOT want to have to deal with again!

Funks suck.
Healing sucks.
White knuckling sucks.

But as has been said... if you want freedom from this you have to pay the price. What you guys are going through is forging your quit for the rest of your lives and... your personality in a way that will constantly be revealing itself. Each quitters timeline is so different. I wish there WAS a sharply defined timeline we could get out there... it certainly would feel better than just a “hang in there” sometimes but... life ain’t tidy like that.

It gets better.
It really does.

I finally felt solid close to the time I hit 500ish. Like... ok, yeah, this is easy. This is goooood. I’m about a HOF away from 3,000 right now and let me tell ya... it’s no effort to be quit. I’m done “quitting”... I’m Quit. Easy is the wrong word anymore because, like you guys are doing now, I put in the work and I mucked through the suck and I owned it. Easy? Nah... normal. The new normal, I guess.

Some days are better than others. But that's how life is in general. I'm still adjusting to the new normal and adjusting to it. glad to be apart of this brotherhood. for sure don't ever want to have to deal with this ever again and I am still in the midst of it.
It does get better. We conditioned our bodies to want the dip, and the dip conditioned our minds to need the nicotine. Man, it's a wicked cycle. We do it because. I couldn't tell you the last time I got that good relaxed, almost buzzing feeling from dip. It was years, I'm sure, mainly because I never let myself go too long without a dip. Not even while I was asleep.

You may be in the midst of a royal mindfuck right now. The Nic bitch is crazy; she's whispering in your ear one minute, tickling your lip the next, and winding up to punch you in the skull when you don't give in.

Don't listen to the whisper. Ignore that tickle. Take that beating. With every daily promise, with every HOF speech read, with every text with a KTC brother or sister, you are getting stronger and solidifying your quit. You're right. Day 1 again? Fuck that. Be here, where you are, today. That's all that matters. PTBQWY.

Fuck Day 1 100% Experiencing the quit so far has been enough to last me 100 lifetimes. I don't want to be a slave to the nic b*tch, a dead plant or experience any of that all over again

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2021, 01:19:14 PM »

-Jeff

Doug

Funks suck.
Healing sucks.
White knuckling sucks.

It gets better.
It really does.

Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson