Author Topic: Day 18  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Ampete

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2021
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Sports
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Day 18
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 06:11:50 PM »
@Ampete Congrats on 100 pure Bad Ass days of saying NO! to Nicotine. People think the number sounds easy but we all know the Truth. It Takes Big Brass ones to make it this Far and obviously with that army you are raising you know about hard work! It been a pleasure and a Honor quitting with you Aaron and your story is gonna be one of heroism to your kids one day. the story of how a man who slayed his own demons to better his life and family is a novel id pick up and read. Keep gaining Traction brother! CoNgRaDuLaTiOnS on your HOF DAY!!

~Nick~

@nick-Otine Free Thanks brother!  I couldn't have done it without you.  Your dedication to this site and to our HOF group is unmatched.  You are truly inspirational to everyone here.  You are 100% Bad Ass! 

Ampete
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone. Hank Baileygates

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 06:08:03 PM »
@Ampete Congrats on 100 pure Bad Ass days of saying NO! to Nicotine. People think the number sounds easy but we all know the Truth. It Takes Big Brass ones to make it this Far and obviously with that army you are raising you know about hard work! It been a pleasure and a Honor quitting with you Aaron and your story is gonna be one of heroism to your kids one day. the story of how a man who slayed his own demons to better his life and family is a novel id pick up and read. Keep gaining Traction brother! CoNgRaDuLaTiOnS on your HOF DAY!!

~Nick~
Madd Respect Ampete!!! Ain't nothing like freedom - it never gets old!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 08:07:54 AM »

~Nick~
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:09:28 AM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 01:48:11 PM »
...I chewed a can a day for 28 years. When you actually say it out loud, it is pathetic!...
You got that right! Today is the best day to quit because tomorrow never comes.
Grab yourself some digits, make some connections, and blog your journey out.
Glad you're here.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:58:37 PM »
Hello, my name is Aaron.  I chewed a can a day for 28 years. When you actually say it out loud, it is pathetic!  I quit on January 3rd, 2021.  I decided to quit for several reasons.  I have a beautiful wife and 5 great kids.  I want to be there for them.  I quit cold turkey.  I have chewed a lot of gum, sunflower seeds and I have been using Grinds for the times after meals and while driving.  Like everyone else, the first few days were the worst.  After about a week I quit shaking!  I found this website/forum while researching how much my health is going to change from week to week when you give up tobacco and nicotine.  I am 18 days in and I am feeling pretty good.  I am going thru the forum and seeing things that I need to do.  I read the pledge.  It was a little different than what I was expecting!  I will go to my group next and figure out what to do there.   

Welcome Aaron,

You have made a great decision to quit.  If you think yours is pathetic, I chewed for over 31 years and was up to 3 cans day for the last 5 years of my quit.  I am happy to say that I am 1,100 days nicotine free today.  I got that way one day at a time right here on this forum.

The process is simple but hard:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

Your group is the April 2021 Group.  You can click the link there and it will take you right to it.  Once you get there, learn how to post roll.  The instructions are pinned to the top of the page.  Don't be afraid to exchange phone numbers with other quitters as this is how we keep each other accountable.  Only exchange numbers through the private messages function though, not on the open forum.

Hit me up if you want my digits.

Chris

@Ampete

I know where you are coming from...in fact I'm pretty much you...used for about the same time....the same amount...similar family situation...wanted to quit for similar reasons.  I made my first pledge 556 days ago and I'm chugging along.  Not easy but pretty simple. 

If you're anything like me you tried to quit several times...feel guilty about your use...often feel like a fraud in front of your children...scared to death of finding a "something" in your mouth but expecting it at the same time.

Do yourself a favor brother.  Get in on a strong April group (today's the last day) and give yourself a bit of a insurance policy.  This method works.  Every aspect may not fit exactly with every person but, for many, it's been the only way to stay off the stuff.  Brother + Accountability = Success. 

Let me know hoe I can help.

~HAG

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 01:14:15 PM »
Hello, my name is Aaron.  I chewed a can a day for 28 years. When you actually say it out loud, it is pathetic!  I quit on January 3rd, 2021.  I decided to quit for several reasons.  I have a beautiful wife and 5 great kids.  I want to be there for them.  I quit cold turkey.  I have chewed a lot of gum, sunflower seeds and I have been using Grinds for the times after meals and while driving.  Like everyone else, the first few days were the worst.  After about a week I quit shaking!  I found this website/forum while researching how much my health is going to change from week to week when you give up tobacco and nicotine.  I am 18 days in and I am feeling pretty good.  I am going thru the forum and seeing things that I need to do.  I read the pledge.  It was a little different than what I was expecting!  I will go to my group next and figure out what to do there.   

Welcome Aaron,

You have made a great decision to quit.  If you think yours is pathetic, I chewed for over 31 years and was up to 3 cans day for the last 5 years of my quit.  I am happy to say that I am 1,100 days nicotine free today.  I got that way one day at a time right here on this forum.

The process is simple but hard:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

Your group is the April 2021 Group.  You can click the link there and it will take you right to it.  Once you get there, learn how to post roll.  The instructions are pinned to the top of the page.  Don't be afraid to exchange phone numbers with other quitters as this is how we keep each other accountable.  Only exchange numbers through the private messages function though, not on the open forum.

Hit me up if you want my digits.

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Ampete

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2021
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Sports
  • Likes Given: 47
Day 18
« on: January 21, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone. Hank Baileygates