Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Day 1
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 12:38:10 PM »
Thanks! I know this ain't gonna be a walk in the park but I'm all in...thanks for your support!

Oh, you're right about that, Pmulk, but it needs to be hard. It needs to be hard enough to remind you not to stick that shit in your mouth again and have to repeat Day 1 all over again. While you're reading all you can read on this site, make sure you notice what the repeaters, those we call retreads, say about how bad a second Day 1 sucks. 

Drink plenty of water. Exercise as much as you can. Use fake stuff if you need to, as long as it doesn't have tobacco or nicotine. Cold turkey, hard core quit. It's a bitch, but when you make a promise each morning, you can count yourself a bad ass from the day before because you stayed quit.

Send me a PM if you want to swap digits. Get in with July and get to know your fellow quitters. They are going through the same rough shit you are.

We're glad you're here, buddy. Stay here, and stay quit. - GS9502/412 and QLAMF
Quitting sucks INITIALLY.

It fucking rocks for the rest of it.

You've done some damage to your body.  You've introduced a foreign matter to it that has convinced your body that it can't survive without it.  Fortunately, it can.  Unfortunately, you have to go through some shit before it realizes it.  Be strong my friend.  Like others have said...water, exercise, and limiting caffeine are very important these first few days.  So are establishing habits like posting roll and understanding your addiction and habit.  You will come out of this fog...but that's another conversation.  Get through RIGHT NOW.

Quitting is not a decision.  It is a decision backed up actions.  If you plan to be quit, you will be quit.  Have your tools always available (gum, herbal snuff, seeds, numbers, etc).  Don't be caught off guard and don't freak out if you are.

We can do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
Thanks! I know this ain't gonna be a walk in the park but I'm all in...thanks for your support!

Oh, you're right about that, Pmulk, but it needs to be hard. It needs to be hard enough to remind you not to stick that shit in your mouth again and have to repeat Day 1 all over again. While you're reading all you can read on this site, make sure you notice what the repeaters, those we call retreads, say about how bad a second Day 1 sucks. 

Drink plenty of water. Exercise as much as you can. Use fake stuff if you need to, as long as it doesn't have tobacco or nicotine. Cold turkey, hard core quit. It's a bitch, but when you make a promise each morning, you can count yourself a bad ass from the day before because you stayed quit.

Send me a PM if you want to swap digits. Get in with July and get to know your fellow quitters. They are going through the same rough shit you are.

We're glad you're here, buddy. Stay here, and stay quit. - GS9502/412 and QLAMF
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Pmulk76

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 10:04:59 AM »

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 10:00:53 AM »
Great to have you join Pmulk! Keith and nick have given you the keys to success here. I hope you use them. Get the digits from others in July. Mine are yours if you'd like to have them. Just send me yours in a PM and I'll do the same. Proud to be quit with you today!
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1904
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 08:16:50 AM »
I promise that I won't dip today
@Pmulk76 here is the link to the July group so you can take your freedom back https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16984.0. Wake up, piss, and post your promise first thing everyday and then keep your promise for the day. Repeat the following day. Focus on quitting one day at a time. Also suggest you make connections with fellow quitters. Exchanging digits is encouraged but only through personal messages.
Jan19

Offline Pmulk76

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 07:36:36 AM »
I promise that I won't dip today

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 07:17:49 AM »
and we are Glad you found it! and Finally got your head screwed on right to make the most important choice of your life! Get in on July roll they are a pretty sweet group of quittiers so far. Post your promise every morning by Wupp-Wake Up Piss Post the point of this is to take your cave off the table for next 24 hours. its your word to yourself and all of us here that you wont finger bang the can for the day. Drink lots of water and we will see you on roll my friend.

names ~nick LTBE-yesterday is long gone, tomorrow may never come. But Today! Today you quit is Enough!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Pmulk76

• Quitter
Day 1
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:32:43 AM »
Hello all, day one...tired of hiding this horrible habit from my wife and kids...glad to have found this place!