Author Topic: Day 1.  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: Day 1.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 02:25:43 PM »
I'm 55.  I didn't quit until I got here when I was 49.  I wish I could go back to 29 and do it over.  Keep your promise brother.  I quit with you today!
I was the same way Stranger. I waited until I was 50 and wish I stuck too it when I was 30 also. Thank God that I was allowed one more chance to quit and after 409 days things are really getting good. Had my issues but after 30 plus years of abuse it was no surprise. Any quitter reading this we are more then willing to help and will be there for you. It worked for me just like it did for Stranger. The system works and just needs you to be a part of it. What are you afraid of?

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 11:56:06 PM »
I'm 55.  I didn't quit until I got here when I was 49.  I wish I could go back to 29 and do it over.  Keep your promise brother.  I quit with you today!

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 11:32:45 PM »
Hey BearHag, I’ll be posting roll tomorrow morning. I don’t know if today should count since I had nicotine at 8:30 am this morning.

Hey bud.  Great news!  We count the day you stopped as your day one...so tomorrow will be day 2 for you.  The number doesn't matter so much as long as you are willing to be quit for the day.  Wake up, post roll, embrace the suck, sleep and repeat.  Simple but not always easy. 

Happy to have you aboard my friend.  Please reach out if you need anything.  I'll see you on roll in the am.

Pleasure to be quit with you today my friend.

~HAG

Offline Findin12

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 11:11:22 PM »
Hey BearHag, I’ll be posting roll tomorrow morning. I don’t know if today should count since I had nicotine at 8:30 am this morning.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 10:27:19 PM »
Hey Findin.  I see you hanging around here in intros.  Noticed you haven't posted roll yet in July '21's group.  Wondering if you had any questions or concerns.  Let me know if I can help.  Hang in there my friend.

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 07:02:15 PM »
Well, I jumped in feet first after getting berated on the general discussion forum XD

I’m 29 years old, got hooked on chewing in high school during wrestling,16 years old. We all used it as an appetite suppressant when cutting weight.
Flash forward 13 years and I’m almost a can a day, never seriously tried to quit during that time.
I cut my use down before my quit date, just like the American Cancer Society says to, but they also say to make your quit date within a month of once you decide to quit.

As of 9 am CST, 4/16/2021, I’m done.

I got a taste of the withdrawals when I cut down in the past 2 weeks, so this will be interesting.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

-Findin

Hey @Findin12

Welcome my friend.  Looks like you registered several days ago?  Hopefully you've taken some time to read the useful info on the site.  WUPPing (Wake Up, Piss, Post roll), reading posts (Hall of Fame, Intros, roll), drinking water, EXERCISE, and making connections got me through the first several months. 

Your hall of fame group can be found here: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16984.0

Click link, find the latest roll page, click quote in the top right corner.  Scroll down to the last quitter under the heading: "New Bad Ass quitters post your promise below to be nicotine free for today" and post your name and day count.  Don'e sweat it if you mess it up.  Someone will be around to fix it for you.  Most important is the fact that you made your promise not to use for the day.

There is a lot going on here and many moving parts but you'll figure it out toot sweet.  Please let me know if I can help in ANY way.

Holding the line with you my friend

~HAG
Findin,
Not much to add that HAG didn't cover. Just use every resource here. Make and kerp your DAILY promise and you will stay quit. Get digits from your group. If you want mine, send me yours. Great to have you here. I quit with you today.

Aggies94
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 04:49:22 PM »
Well, I jumped in feet first after getting berated on the general discussion forum XD

I’m 29 years old, got hooked on chewing in high school during wrestling,16 years old. We all used it as an appetite suppressant when cutting weight.
Flash forward 13 years and I’m almost a can a day, never seriously tried to quit during that time.
I cut my use down before my quit date, just like the American Cancer Society says to, but they also say to make your quit date within a month of once you decide to quit.

I got a taste of the withdrawals when I cut down in the past 2 weeks, so this will be interesting.

-Findin

Hey @Findin12

Welcome my friend.  Looks like you registered several days ago?  Hopefully you've taken some time to read the useful info on the site.  WUPPing (Wake Up, Piss, Post roll), reading posts (Hall of Fame, Intros, roll), drinking water, EXERCISE, and making connections got me through the first several months. 

Your hall of fame group can be found here: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16984.0

Click link, find the latest roll page, click quote in the top right corner.  Scroll down to the last quitter under the heading: "New Bad Ass quitters post your promise below to be nicotine free for today" and post your name and day count.  Don'e sweat it if you mess it up.  Someone will be around to fix it for you.  Most important is the fact that you made your promise not to use for the day.

There is a lot going on here and many moving parts but you'll figure it out toot sweet.  Please let me know if I can help in ANY way.

Holding the line with you my friend

~HAG

Offline Findin12

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 8
Day 1.
« on: April 16, 2021, 04:28:20 PM »

-Findin