Author Topic: The Batdad Chronicles  (Read 24178 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: The Batdad Chronicles
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2021, 01:01:10 AM »
Batdad didn't cave.  No need for reckless speculation.  He found a different place to post roll.

That's happened before and it will happen again.  Some folks just like decide to perform for smaller audiences.   :P

Fixed

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2021, 12:47:44 AM »
Batdad didn't cave.  No need for reckless speculation.  He found a different place to post roll.

That's happened before and it will happen again.  Some folks just like to perform for smaller audiences.   :P

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
Some people just never get it.

Guys like this are usually doing the goodbye post for attention. And usually they don't come back until they are posting a new day 1. Can't quit for them.

This isn't quitting for x number of days.... it's quitting for today.

Around my 4 year mark I hit a bump in the road. Some personal and professional things were going on that had me stressed.... I wanted a dip so ducking bad. Like really bad... would I have caved?? Who knows. I even hesitated putting myself on roll that day.... I was called out by people on this forum. I finally made my promise, and took nicotine off the table. I struggled for a few days, then it finally passed.

If I wasn't a daily poster I don't know what would have happened... but as soon as I'm on roll, I know I'm quit for the day.

Will I be posting roll for 10 years? 10 weeks? 10 months??? Again, no idea. But I'll post roll today. And more then likely again tomorrow. And that's enough.

That was two months ago.  Today you posted
Batdad 1562 4-13. It's been an honor quitting with you gents for 4+ years. It's time for me to move on. Take care!

@Batdad So what's going on? What changed in two months?

@Keith0617 @chris2alaska @69franx You guys seems to have some insight because you posted a "we wish you wouldn't go!" support on his roll.  Here is why I even bothered to post any of this.

1) If any addict on this site posted a "Welp, so long and thanks for all the fish" at any day count, especially post HoF or some other "low" number, Guys like Keith and @Batdad and others would be all over him.  Where is the fanfare here?

2) I was around this many days quit when I caved. His post back in Feb mention an almost cave. Now you are leaving? You cave Batdad? You cured now? Where is all that accountability I'm constantly reminded about?
If you're going to tag me in nonsense to quote or paraphrase me, it would be great if you could get close to what I said. My post was meant to draw attention to his in the hopes that someone in his group that he has been posting with daily for over 4 years would notice
But if you are merely trying to help Batdad and care about his quit then I apologize. But It does look to be that you are trying to play the "I gotcha game" though, late at night when not many are around to see it
Reminder, Sajax...no one did say anything about this post from bat's group. Like 69 said, it looks like you are here to trap him with his.words. If that is true...you re showing your ass again.

So batdad can just peace out whenever and I'm the ass? @Frazzled you only every come out of your cave to call me and asshole. I get it. Help me understand when it's ok to leave the site?
So are you here to help him.? Or.trap him?

I don't see a lot of love for him here. Sorry to call your asshole, but if that is what you are doing, you said it yourself.

Frazzled. I don't like batdad, but I want him on the site. Both of those are true. Why are we giving him so much space and attacking me? I'm not the one saying he's cured around here. I don't like you either, but you're important to the site and people's quits. As far as I can see, only Franx and I are the one's giving batdad accountability here.

In batdad's own words "I'm not here to give him ass pats and good games. I'm here to quit and be held accountable."
I just don't like your approach. Looked like you were trying to grind his nose into.shit. That, to me, is a commonon thread to your posts.

I extend to batdad the same curtesy he has extended to me. Any bias you read  into my posts is your own. I work hard to be as clear a I can around here and you always pop up to remind me how much I suck. Why? Why do you follow my posts around like a puppy with his pink thing out.

Frazzled. Let me redirect your attention: Batdad says he's leaving the site. Only Franx and I are trying to get him some accountability. Franx was sweet about it, I wasn't. Works both ways. Is batdad above the accountability here? Is it only a problem because I got involved? None of that matters.

Batdad made a lot of contacts. I know people will call and text him soon. I am posting this here in public because that is the point of this website as far as I understand it.

No one gets free parking, not batdad, not sajax, not frazzled.

It does seem a bit hypocritical to not call out batdad when so many others get called out onto the carpet.  What is the magical date a quitter can leave the site and not be held accountable?

4+ years is my guess.

-Jeff

5 years ago?  never.  These days? Anytime after about 300, I think.  The guys on my group and I were having that convo via text last night actually.  One guy said, how many of you guys still post roll daily?  Crickets. Turns out, probably only once a month or once a week, or on a milestone, or never.  After a couple a years, I turned into that too.  Is it right?  nope.  But I never had a single person call me out for it.  Not one.  KTC has gotten soft.  The same reason a Bsarno can cave a million times and keep coming back.  The same reason somebody can cave once and get maybe 3 replies to their answers as we can see on display in July '21 right now.  Like the rest of the world, this bastion of accountability is slowly crumbling. 

Batdad put a ton of work into this site and I won't call him out for leaving.  Sometimes, enough really is enough, and it sounds like he's had enough.  Maybe he'll come back, and maybe he won't.  I will still be his friend through text and calls, and I will be a lifeline to him in case he gets to that point again.  KTC has always been about the relationships made and the friendships forged to me anyway.    I've been friends with several admods over the time I've been around and it seems to be a thankless job that everybody is honored to get until they realize the massive work they're going to put in with zero pay, minimal thanks, and all the gripes.  So if you guys get bored today, remember to thank your local administrators and moderators.  As much as we love to give them crap, they're putting in the work behind the scenes that really make this place work. 

I didn't take Sajax's post as bad at all, it seemed like genuine concern.  I don't particularly care for the guy, but as with most here, QUIT is the reason we came and it's the reason we stick around in some form or fashion.  I do like that about him and calling Batdad out was his way of showing love for a brother.  If it wasn't, then I'm glad I'm not callous enough to see his other intent. 

Love you guys, love you too batdad although you may never see this.  Happy humpday y'all!

-Not Batdad

I will say this in batdad's defense, as Broc said sometimes enough is enough. I did the same thing but I did not announce it, just poof. I was tired of getting tied in with folks who did not take this shit serious enough to stay quit. They think it is just a game, hence the retreads that have caved more than 3 times. It does take a toll on you. I used to always take text or call in the middle of the night from someone who needed help only to find out in the morning that they caved. In 13 years of quit, I have walked away 3 times, but I have also came back because I know where my quit home is. I also stay less personable with new quitters for that reason. Now the fact that batdad announced his departure worries me. Over the years that only meant one thing, CAVE. I hope to God that this is not true in this case. So to those who are connected with him, show him your support, be there at anytime. Also if you want PM me and send him my digits if he should ever want to chat about it. I have walked that mile.
I completely get the burnout and needing to step back.  However, all this site really requires is to:  A) Post your Promise B) Keep your Promise.  People love to make it more complicated and there is much more value to be had here than the basic roll post, but all this site really asks you to do is just that. 

Batdad, I’m rooting for you.  I value your service and your contributions and the words that you and I have shared.  If you are here posting roll I know you are quit.  If you aren’t, all I can do is hope you are quit.

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2021, 12:25:40 PM »

Guys like this are usually doing the goodbye post for attention. And usually they don't come back until they are posting a new day 1. Can't quit for them.

Around my 4 year mark I hit a bump in the road. Some personal and professional things were going on that had me stressed.... I wanted a dip so ducking bad. Like really bad... would I have caved?? Who knows. I even hesitated putting myself on roll that day.... I was called out by people on this forum. I finally made my promise, and took nicotine off the table. I struggled for a few days, then it finally passed.

If I wasn't a daily poster I don't know what would have happened... but as soon as I'm on roll, I know I'm quit for the day.

Will I be posting roll for 10 years? 10 weeks? 10 months??? Again, no idea. But I'll post roll today. And more then likely again tomorrow. And that's enough.

Batdad 1562 4-13. It's been an honor quitting with you gents for 4+ years. It's time for me to move on. Take care!

@Keith0617 @chris2alaska @69franx You guys seems to have some insight because you posted a "we wish you wouldn't go!" support on his roll.  Here is why I even bothered to post any of this.

1) If any addict on this site posted a "Welp, so long and thanks for all the fish" at any day count, especially post HoF or some other "low" number, Guys like Keith and @Batdad and others would be all over him.  Where is the fanfare here?

2) I was around this many days quit when I caved. His post back in Feb mention an almost cave. Now you are leaving? You cave Batdad? You cured now? Where is all that accountability I'm constantly reminded about?
If you're going to tag me in nonsense to quote or paraphrase me, it would be great if you could get close to what I said. My post was meant to draw attention to his in the hopes that someone in his group that he has been posting with daily for over 4 years would notice
But if you are merely trying to help Batdad and care about his quit then I apologize. But It does look to be that you are trying to play the "I gotcha game" though, late at night when not many are around to see it
Reminder, Sajax...no one did say anything about this post from bat's group. Like 69 said, it looks like you are here to trap him with his.words. If that is true...you re showing your ass again.

So batdad can just peace out whenever and I'm the ass? @Frazzled you only every come out of your cave to call me and asshole. I get it. Help me understand when it's ok to leave the site?

I don't see a lot of love for him here. Sorry to call your asshole, but if that is what you are doing, you said it yourself.

Frazzled. I don't like batdad, but I want him on the site. Both of those are true. Why are we giving him so much space and attacking me? I'm not the one saying he's cured around here. I don't like you either, but you're important to the site and people's quits. As far as I can see, only Franx and I are the one's giving batdad accountability here.

In batdad's own words "I'm not here to give him ass pats and good games. I'm here to quit and be held accountable."
I just don't like your approach. Looked like you were trying to grind his nose into.shit. That, to me, is a commonon thread to your posts.

I extend to batdad the same curtesy he has extended to me. Any bias you read  into my posts is your own. I work hard to be as clear a I can around here and you always pop up to remind me how much I suck. Why? Why do you follow my posts around like a puppy with his pink thing out.

Frazzled. Let me redirect your attention: Batdad says he's leaving the site. Only Franx and I are trying to get him some accountability. Franx was sweet about it, I wasn't. Works both ways. Is batdad above the accountability here? Is it only a problem because I got involved? None of that matters.

Batdad made a lot of contacts. I know people will call and text him soon. I am posting this here in public because that is the point of this website as far as I understand it.

It does seem a bit hypocritical to not call out batdad when so many others get called out onto the carpet.  What is the magical date a quitter can leave the site and not be held accountable?

4+ years is my guess.

-Jeff

5 years ago?  never.  These days? Anytime after about 300, I think.  The guys on my group and I were having that convo via text last night actually.  One guy said, how many of you guys still post roll daily?  Crickets. Turns out, probably only once a month or once a week, or on a milestone, or never.  After a couple a years, I turned into that too.  Is it right?  nope.  But I never had a single person call me out for it.  Not one.  KTC has gotten soft.  The same reason a Bsarno can cave a million times and keep coming back.  The same reason somebody can cave once and get maybe 3 replies to their answers as we can see on display in July '21 right now.  Like the rest of the world, this bastion of accountability is slowly crumbling. 

Batdad put a ton of work into this site and I won't call him out for leaving.  Sometimes, enough really is enough, and it sounds like he's had enough.  Maybe he'll come back, and maybe he won't.  I will still be his friend through text and calls, and I will be a lifeline to him in case he gets to that point again.  KTC has always been about the relationships made and the friendships forged to me anyway.    I've been friends with several admods over the time I've been around and it seems to be a thankless job that everybody is honored to get until they realize the massive work they're going to put in with zero pay, minimal thanks, and all the gripes.  So if you guys get bored today, remember to thank your local administrators and moderators.  As much as we love to give them crap, they're putting in the work behind the scenes that really make this place work. 

I didn't take Sajax's post as bad at all, it seemed like genuine concern.  I don't particularly care for the guy, but as with most here, QUIT is the reason we came and it's the reason we stick around in some form or fashion.  I do like that about him and calling Batdad out was his way of showing love for a brother.  If it wasn't, then I'm glad I'm not callous enough to see his other intent. 

Love you guys, love you too batdad although you may never see this.  Happy humpday y'all!

-Not Batdad

I will say this in batdad's defense, as Broc said sometimes enough is enough. I did the same thing but I did not announce it, just poof. I was tired of getting tied in with folks who did not take this shit serious enough to stay quit. They think it is just a game, hence the retreads that have caved more than 3 times. It does take a toll on you. I used to always take text or call in the middle of the night from someone who needed help only to find out in the morning that they caved. In 13 years of quit, I have walked away 3 times, but I have also came back because I know where my quit home is. I also stay less personable with new quitters for that reason. Now the fact that batdad announced his departure worries me. Over the years that only meant one thing, CAVE. I hope to God that this is not true in this case. So to those who are connected with him, show him your support, be there at anytime. Also if you want PM me and send him my digits if he should ever want to chat about it. I have walked that mile.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2021, 04:24:19 PM »

4+ years is my guess.

-Jeff

-Not Batdad

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »
Even if you don't post again @Batdad you've left a ton of content here that can help others.  We didn't cross paths that often but I respect the commitment you had to making KTC work.  I hope to see you here again soon.

+1 @Batdad  was a big inspiration and help in my first 100 days
You know.
Mine too
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2021, 10:17:44 AM »
Even if you don't post again @Batdad you've left a ton of content here that can help others.  We didn't cross paths that often but I respect the commitment you had to making KTC work.  I hope to see you here again soon.

You know.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2021, 09:09:33 AM »

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2021, 08:34:26 AM »

4+ years is my guess.

-Jeff

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2021, 01:31:45 AM »

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2021, 12:45:55 AM »
@Batdad when you wake up I hope to hear why you decided KTC no longer works for you. You got a lot of friends here, and people that used your quit to strengthen yours. I look forward to hearing what's going on and to see you on roll in the morning.
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2021, 12:44:02 AM »

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2021, 12:41:21 AM »

Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2021, 12:37:05 AM »