Author Topic: The Batdad Chronicles  (Read 24635 times)

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: The Batdad Chronicles
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2021, 12:35:05 AM »
Some people just never get it.

Guys like this are usually doing the goodbye post for attention. And usually they don't come back until they are posting a new day 1. Can't quit for them.

This isn't quitting for x number of days.... it's quitting for today.

Around my 4 year mark I hit a bump in the road. Some personal and professional things were going on that had me stressed.... I wanted a dip so ducking bad. Like really bad... would I have caved?? Who knows. I even hesitated putting myself on roll that day.... I was called out by people on this forum. I finally made my promise, and took nicotine off the table. I struggled for a few days, then it finally passed.

If I wasn't a daily poster I don't know what would have happened... but as soon as I'm on roll, I know I'm quit for the day.

Will I be posting roll for 10 years? 10 weeks? 10 months??? Again, no idea. But I'll post roll today. And more then likely again tomorrow. And that's enough.

That was two months ago.  Today you posted
Batdad 1562 4-13. It's been an honor quitting with you gents for 4+ years. It's time for me to move on. Take care!

@Batdad So what's going on? What changed in two months?

@Keith0617 @chris2alaska @69franx You guys seems to have some insight because you posted a "we wish you wouldn't go!" support on his roll.  Here is why I even bothered to post any of this.

1) If any addict on this site posted a "Welp, so long and thanks for all the fish" at any day count, especially post HoF or some other "low" number, Guys like Keith and @Batdad and others would be all over him.  Where is the fanfare here?

2) I was around this many days quit when I caved. His post back in Feb mention an almost cave. Now you are leaving? You cave Batdad? You cured now? Where is all that accountability I'm constantly reminded about?
If you're going to tag me in nonsense to quote or paraphrase me, it would be great if you could get close to what I said. My post was meant to draw attention to his in the hopes that someone in his group that he has been posting with daily for over 4 years would notice
But if you are merely trying to help Batdad and care about his quit then I apologize. But It does look to be that you are trying to play the "I gotcha game" though, late at night when not many are around to see it
Reminder, Sajax...no one did say anything about this post from bat's group. Like 69 said, it looks like you are here to trap him with his.words. If that is true...you re showing your ass again.

So batdad can just peace out whenever and I'm the ass? @Frazzled you only every come out of your cave to call me and asshole. I get it. Help me understand when it's ok to leave the site?
So are you here to help him.? Or.trap him?

I don't see a lot of love for him here. Sorry to call your asshole, but if that is what you are doing, you said it yourself.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2021, 12:33:43 AM »

Guys like this are usually doing the goodbye post for attention. And usually they don't come back until they are posting a new day 1. Can't quit for them.

Around my 4 year mark I hit a bump in the road. Some personal and professional things were going on that had me stressed.... I wanted a dip so ducking bad. Like really bad... would I have caved?? Who knows. I even hesitated putting myself on roll that day.... I was called out by people on this forum. I finally made my promise, and took nicotine off the table. I struggled for a few days, then it finally passed.

If I wasn't a daily poster I don't know what would have happened... but as soon as I'm on roll, I know I'm quit for the day.

Will I be posting roll for 10 years? 10 weeks? 10 months??? Again, no idea. But I'll post roll today. And more then likely again tomorrow. And that's enough.

Batdad 1562 4-13. It's been an honor quitting with you gents for 4+ years. It's time for me to move on. Take care!

@Keith0617 @chris2alaska @69franx You guys seems to have some insight because you posted a "we wish you wouldn't go!" support on his roll.  Here is why I even bothered to post any of this.

1) If any addict on this site posted a "Welp, so long and thanks for all the fish" at any day count, especially post HoF or some other "low" number, Guys like Keith and @Batdad and others would be all over him.  Where is the fanfare here?

2) I was around this many days quit when I caved. His post back in Feb mention an almost cave. Now you are leaving? You cave Batdad? You cured now? Where is all that accountability I'm constantly reminded about?
If you're going to tag me in nonsense to quote or paraphrase me, it would be great if you could get close to what I said. My post was meant to draw attention to his in the hopes that someone in his group that he has been posting with daily for over 4 years would notice
But if you are merely trying to help Batdad and care about his quit then I apologize. But It does look to be that you are trying to play the "I gotcha game" though, late at night when not many are around to see it

I'm not trying to gotcha batdad. I am calling this out to see if anyone rallies in. I've had words with batdad but don't think leaving the site is the answer. I posted late because I'm up late, not to avoid anything.
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2021, 12:32:29 AM »

Reminder, Sajax...no one did say anything about this post from bat's group. Like 69 said, it looks like you are here to trap him with his.words. If that is true...you re showing your ass again.

So batdad can just peace out whenever and I'm the ass? @Frazzled you only every come out of your cave to call me an asshole. I get it. Help me understand when it's ok to leave the site?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:34:31 AM by Sajax »

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2021, 12:23:20 AM »

Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2021, 12:20:13 AM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2021, 12:15:56 AM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2021, 12:02:30 AM »

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2020, 02:14:16 PM »
Went to the dentist today. First time that there hasn't been any additional damage... loose filling and a cavity we've been watching for a year. No big deal.

And then the best words anyone of us can here. Another clear cancer screening.... not going to lie, I teared up a bit. Guys, I can't remember the last time I felt a little bump in my mouth and thought "oh shit"... it's so liberating to be freed of this shit.

So thanks to you all!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2019, 12:00:35 PM »
Hi,

I love you!

Sincerely,

Robin

p.s.  Congratulations on that dangle, I can't wait to play with it...errm, I mean fondl... umm wait, hey!! Look over there--------------->  I'm outta here.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2019, 03:27:44 AM »
A dangle, a shiny comma.

Ever thunk it was possible.

Also helping thousands along the way.

Well done my friend, well done.

I hope you know how many of us look up to you, how many of us remember you being there in the beginning.

Much love my friend.
Asshole, can't thank-you enough.  Early in the quit you were a constant no nonsense presence, a beacon of stability in the fog of withdrawal.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »
Ryan,  congrats and I'm proud of you bro.  4 digits is awesome!

You earned it, IQWYT and EDD
To remain quit requires focus

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2019, 11:31:20 PM »
A dangle, a shiny comma.

Ever thunk it was possible.

Also helping thousands along the way.

Well done my friend, well done.

I hope you know how many of us look up to you, how many of us remember you being there in the beginning.

Much love my friend.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2019, 11:02:25 PM »
Love you fuckers! Thanks for helping me quit EDD!!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2019, 06:12:34 PM »
Say, anyone seen Hundy?  I heard Batdad ate him.  That's right, Batdad ate hundy!
Much love and respect....asshole!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2019, 03:40:59 PM »
Congrats on that 800!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech