Author Topic: Day 1... I quit  (Read 47042 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 105
Re: Day 1... I quit
« Reply #635 on: February 19, 2020, 11:35:11 AM »
Damn. This intro is dusty as hell! Haha

This is life today. Check this out:

AJ... 2,500

Almost 7 years ago I was looking at a blinking cursor on my laptop screen, knowing that the next words I typed on this site were going to be epic. Life changing. Scary. Needed.

“AppleJack... Day 1”
(I still have no damn idea why I stuck with that stupid name.)

I have no special knowledge to impart today. This process is pretty damn easy. Make your decision. Own it. Work it. Get involved here. Stay involved here.

Done.

I’m not even close to the activity level I practiced during my first year or two after quitting. But... still here every day. Still 100% on daily roll. Don’t plan on changing that any time soon. The 10-20 seconds it takes to post up and strengthen my quit each day are gladly given. Gladly. It’s the cost of freedom but it’s NOTHING compared to the benefit of freedom.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #634 on: April 19, 2019, 10:09:57 PM »
6 freaking years you Rock Star, I still remember the day we first interacted, you were and still are a quit God.

You are an inspiration to myself and many others, thanks for leading the way.

Skol 471 days with my brudda Shane
Thanks, man!  ;D

6 years ago today I did the most important thing I’ve ever done in my entire 48 years here on earth.

More important than getting married.
More important than my daughter being born.
More important than any job.
More important than... “x”.

I typed 3 words on some weird website... with people I don’t know and will probably never meet... with the expectation that I type a variant of those 3 words each and every damn day until... whenever:

AppleJack... Day 1

(I still don’t know what the hell that name means or what the hell I was thinking when I signed up under that. Fog? Oh, hell yes.)

It was the scariest thing I have ever done.
It was/is the most empowering thing I have ever done AND will ever do. Period.

I say it was more important than anything because I took my life back. Took it back so that all the other important things in life will never again be tainted by my addiction or take a back seat to it.

Never. Again.

6 years. 100% poster still and... will continue to be. 10-20 seconds each day to remind me of my freedom?

Gladly.

Rock on Brother!
Outstanding!! Thanks for showing the way!!

Great job man.

You.  Are.  The.  Man.

Thanks Shane for being a great asset and mentor on this site, and a great friend.  Congratulations on 6 years!

Impressive. Good for you sir.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #633 on: April 19, 2019, 02:43:31 PM »
6 freaking years you Rock Star, I still remember the day we first interacted, you were and still are a quit God.

Thanks, man!  ;D

6 years ago today I did the most important thing I’ve ever done in my entire 48 years here on earth.

I typed 3 words on some weird website... with people I don’t know and will probably never meet... with the expectation that I type a variant of those 3 words each and every damn day until... whenever:

AppleJack... Day 1

(I still don’t know what the hell that name means or what the hell I was thinking when I signed up under that. Fog? Oh, hell yes.)

I say it was more important than anything because I took my life back. Took it back so that all the other important things in life will never again be tainted by my addiction or take a back seat to it.

Never. Again.

6 years. 100% poster still and... will continue to be. 10-20 seconds each day to remind me of my freedom?

Gladly.

Rock on Brother!

Great job man.

You.  Are.  The.  Man.

Thanks Shane for being a great asset and mentor on this site, and a great friend.  Congratulations on 6 years!

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #632 on: April 19, 2019, 02:14:51 PM »

Thanks, man!  ;D

AppleJack... Day 1

Never. Again.

Gladly.

Rock on Brother!

Great job man.

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #631 on: April 17, 2019, 03:44:25 PM »

Thanks, man!  ;D

AppleJack... Day 1

Never. Again.

Gladly.

Rock on Brother!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #630 on: April 17, 2019, 03:10:19 PM »

Thanks, man!  ;D

AppleJack... Day 1

Never. Again.

Gladly.

Rock on Brother!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #629 on: April 17, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »

Thanks, man!  ;D

AppleJack... Day 1

Never. Again.

Gladly.

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 970
« Reply #628 on: April 17, 2019, 12:37:38 PM »

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
Wow.

I thought this intro was just going to get moldy and fade into oblivion.

It does my Quit enormous good to see all/most of the KTC history and wisdom all in one place again! I (and others, for sure) gave Admin some serious shit when we moved over to this site.

For me... almost 6 years have passed since I first typed in this intro and posted roll for the first time. This is stuff I don’t want to forget... ever. That’s why I’m still here and still a 100% poster. To forget is to fail. Do I need to post roll anymore?... Pro’ly not. BUT... addiction isn’t ever cured... it’s just managed. At this point I’m really damn good at it. Being quit isn’t an effort anymore... the work I put in at the beginning let me move Quitting as something I was doing to Being Quit as something I am.

Profound difference.

Anyway... blah, blah, blah.
Loving my freedom more every damn day.

AJ... 2,145

Posting roll is a system.  It's a system that works.  If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.  I've enjoyed our interactions in Wildcard.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #626 on: March 01, 2019, 10:07:11 AM »
Wow.

I thought this intro was just going to get moldy and fade into oblivion.

It does my Quit enormous good to see all/most of the KTC history and wisdom all in one place again! I (and others, for sure) gave Admin some serious shit when we moved over to this site.

For me... almost 6 years have passed since I first typed in this intro and posted roll for the first time. This is stuff I don’t want to forget... ever. That’s why I’m still here and still a 100% poster. To forget is to fail. Do I need to post roll anymore?... Pro’ly not. BUT... addiction isn’t ever cured... it’s just managed. At this point I’m really damn good at it. Being quit isn’t an effort anymore... the work I put in at the beginning let me move Quitting as something I was doing to Being Quit as something I am.

Profound difference.

Anyway... blah, blah, blah.
Loving my freedom more every damn day.

AJ... 2,145

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #625 on: September 11, 2018, 08:52:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: devil6dog
Quote from: Doofus
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Quote from: quitNWinay
Quote from: AppleJack
Weird little milestones renew my Quit.
They are a tiny reminder for me to rage against complacency.

TodayÂ’s milestone?...

Born: 1970
Quit: 1,970 days

Even if nobody but me gets a little quit chub... who cares!?!
That is some good shiz right there.

Still 100% poster.
Still here everyday... nowhere near as rabid as I used to be but... still here and STILL grateful for this site and the badass people I connect with every damn day.
Still moving away from the addict mindset.
Still owning this.
Still discovering new freedom.

Get involved... stay involved.
Wow!!! 1970 is unreal brother... But, ODAAT got you there. 100% poster at 1970 days is inspirational! Proud to quit with you today and EDD!!!
Let me know when you hit 1971. Real men were born in 1971...

Nice work brother! proud be quit with you.

Actually.. Old men were born pre 1971.
poof
You were one of the first to reach out to me AppleJack. Congrats on your milestone. You are an Inspiration
CONGRATS Shane! Awesome!
Congrats A.J. keep rocking that quit
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #624 on: September 11, 2018, 10:30:00 AM »
Quote from: devil6dog

TodayÂ’s milestone?...

Still 100% poster.
Still here everyday... nowhere near as rabid as I used to be but... still here and STILL grateful for this site and the badass people I connect with every damn day.
Still owning this.

Wow!!! 1970 is unreal brother... But, ODAAT got you there. 100% poster at 1970 days is inspirational! Proud to quit with you today and EDD!!!

poof
You were one of the first to reach out to me AppleJack. Congrats on your milestone. You are an Inspiration
CONGRATS Shane! Awesome!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline devil6dog

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting big Hockey fan San Jose Sharks and Minnesota college hockey teams. From Minnesota, big Vikings fan.I enjoy playing Ice Hockey as much as I can. I'm marries with two children and 2 grand children
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #623 on: September 10, 2018, 12:14:00 AM »

TodayÂ’s milestone?...

Still 100% poster.
Still owning this.

poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #622 on: September 08, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »

TodayÂ’s milestone?...

Still 100% poster.
Still owning this.

poof

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #621 on: September 08, 2018, 08:43:00 AM »

TodayÂ’s milestone?...

Still 100% poster.
Still owning this.

Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech