Author Topic: Day 1... I quit  (Read 47938 times)

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: Day 1... I quit
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Didn't think I could do this... Here I am. 1 day down, another ahead. I have nobody to blame but myself and... For myself I will quit again today. Thanks to all who have PM'd or posted advice or encouragement. Not alone like I felt.
Welcome to ktc and congrats on kicking that evil can to the curb. You have the right attitude for sure and I will quit with you anyday and everyday. One of the great things about ktc is that you are never alone and anytime that you need something or need to vent or even a swift kick in the ass; all you have to do is call, text or pm someone.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Aksn823

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »
Day 26 here it gets better be ready for triggers though. I have used seeds and fake dip to overcome mine. Just remember you only quitting today. Come back tomorrow and quit again.
Good luck and I quit with you today
Aksn823
Quit Date: 25 March 2013

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
Well done all!

Offline manny88

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Good decision my friend. I'm on day 31 and I honestly didn't think it was possible. But IT IS. Pay attention to the veteran's advices and really take it one day at a time. You will be a new human being i promise you!

manny
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Offline Murph8804

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf and Hockey
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
Day 5, Spun in circles last night till I knocked myself out. Feel great today, the thought of going to through this again makes it a lot easier to keep going forward. Stick with it, PM me if you need anything.

Murph

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: natureboys99
I'm with you bro. Day 4 here. It's a little better today, but not much. I hope to remember this suck so I never do it again. Let me know if you need anything. Good work and hang in there. I know how you feel.

-Greg
Thank you, bros. Thank you. I'm proud as hell to quit with everyone today.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline natureboys99

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
I'm with you bro. Day 4 here. It's a little better today, but not much. I hope to remember this suck so I never do it again. Let me know if you need anything. Good work and hang in there. I know how you feel.

-Greg

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Didn't think I could do this... Here I am. 1 day down, another ahead. I have nobody to blame but myself and... For myself I will quit again today. Thanks to all who have PM'd or posted advice or encouragement. Not alone like I felt.
Good Job, one day at a time, it's all we ask. Do it again and Ill do it with you today.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 07:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: MikeA
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
That could have been my exact opening statement.....1202 days ago. It can be done. Follow our rules. We are 100% successful when our rules are followed. Yes it is hard, yes it is scary. yes it gets better, yes it is worth it.
x2 brother. Except the day count. Trailing Mike by a couple hundred.
x3 Holy sheep shit. That statement was me exactly not that long ago (seems like forever and a day, totally "different" guy). I'm gonna lift that intro statement and pretend it was mine. Sort of like I lifted the following great newbie advice from Evil_won:

Welcome on the greatest decision ever, quitting. You got some great advice. Man up and take it all in.

This site has both changed and saved my life, and itÂ’s really quite simple:

Masterbate frequently: Evil_won didn't put this is his original post, but I'm pretty sure it is a big part of his quit. Besides, with nic-withdrawal and nic-rage, youre gonna be to much an asshole to get laid any time soon, soon this is good advice.

Post Roll: Why? How?
Every day you log into your “Group”, a bunch of guys all quitting together and going through the same suck, fog, cravings, etc. You “Post Roll”; add your name and the number of days quit that you are. This is your promise, a pledge to your quit brothers and sisters, to yourself, and to everyone else here on KTC to not use nicotine in any way, shape, or form, for the next 24 hours. Keep your promise. A man is nothing if his word is no good. If you're feeling board and want to figure out how the board works risk free, go to the TEST THREAD and play all you want, nothing you do there counts for shit.

Get Involved:
Read: Introductions and [color=DARK BLUE]HOF Speeches[/color]. Read the banter in other groups. Read the non-dip discussions in the [color=DARK GREEN]Wilcard[/color] section when you want to get away from thoughts of dip. By doing this you will realize that you are not alone in the feeling you are having. You will gain strength though others. And, you will get to know these people on a personal level, which adds accountability.

Send out a few PMs:
Send out a PM to someone in your group, or to someone that posted something that you related to. Offer your phone number. I bet you will get a phone number in return. Store those numbers in your phone and USE THEM in a moment of weakness. Sending a text out has prevented me from caving more than a few times. Sometimes I didn’t even need a response, just taking a few seconds to text was all it took to get me thinking straight again. Other times the response I got was, “you do NOT have permission to cave”, which I took to heart.
Every tool you need to QUIT and remain QUIT is here, for free, but you have to want it. No one can quit for you, but we can offer support whenever you need it.
x4. You are spot on Applejack.

Self liberation is where it is at. A relvolution one quitter at a time...one day at a time.
x5 - I knew my excessive masturbation was for a good cause.
Welcome Applejack to getting your life back.
The fear helps keep us safe...Quit on brother. 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:00 AM »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
That could have been my exact opening statement.....1202 days ago. It can be done. Follow our rules. We are 100% successful when our rules are followed. Yes it is hard, yes it is scary. yes it gets better, yes it is worth it.
x3 Holy sheep shit. That statement was me exactly not that long ago (seems like forever and a day, totally "different" guy). I'm gonna lift that intro statement and pretend it was mine. Sort of like I lifted the following great newbie advice from Evil_won:

Welcome on the greatest decision ever, quitting. You got some great advice. Man up and take it all in.

Masterbate frequently: Evil_won didn't put this is his original post, but I'm pretty sure it is a big part of his quit. Besides, with nic-withdrawal and nic-rage, youre gonna be to much an asshole to get laid any time soon, soon this is good advice.

Every day you log into your “Group”, a bunch of guys all quitting together and going through the same suck, fog, cravings, etc. You “Post Roll”; add your name and the number of days quit that you are. This is your promise, a pledge to your quit brothers and sisters, to yourself, and to everyone else here on KTC to not use nicotine in any way, shape, or form, for the next 24 hours. Keep your promise. A man is nothing if his word is no good. If you're feeling board and want to figure out how the board works risk free, go to the TEST THREAD and play all you want, nothing you do there counts for shit.

Get Involved:
Read: Introductions and [color=DARK BLUE]HOF Speeches[/color]. Read the banter in other groups. Read the non-dip discussions in the [color=DARK GREEN]Wilcard[/color] section when you want to get away from thoughts of dip. By doing this you will realize that you are not alone in the feeling you are having. You will gain strength though others. And, you will get to know these people on a personal level, which adds accountability.

Send out a few PMs:
Send out a PM to someone in your group, or to someone that posted something that you related to. Offer your phone number. I bet you will get a phone number in return. Store those numbers in your phone and USE THEM in a moment of weakness. Sending a text out has prevented me from caving more than a few times. Sometimes I didn’t even need a response, just taking a few seconds to text was all it took to get me thinking straight again. Other times the response I got was, “you do NOT have permission to cave”, which I took to heart.
Every tool you need to QUIT and remain QUIT is here, for free, but you have to want it. No one can quit for you, but we can offer support whenever you need it.

Self liberation is where it is at. A relvolution one quitter at a time...one day at a time.
x5 - I knew my excessive masturbation was for a good cause.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »

Get Involved:

Send out a few PMs:

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »

Masterbate frequently: Evil_won didn't put this is his original post, but I'm pretty sure it is a big part of his quit. Besides, with nic-withdrawal and nic-rage, youre gonna be to much an asshole to get laid any time soon, so this is good advice.

Get Involved:

Send out a few PMs:
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »