Author Topic: Day 1... I quit  (Read 47062 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Day 1... I quit
« Reply #650 on: April 17, 2021, 02:26:02 PM »
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
8 years ago this morning, I sat and stared at my laptop wondering what to type to get this quit rolling. Well... it wasn’t brilliant but it WAS honest.

Fast forward full circle... I’m sitting in the same chair staring at a screen and wondering what to type.

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

It works. Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)
congrats on 8 years Shane! You have a stake in my quitting weather you know it or not and I appreciate you! Thanks for all ya do!

Congrats AJ.  We are lucky to have you!
Congrats brother. Keep leading the way.
Thank you for helping pave that path for all of us. Stay strong my friend.
so very proud of you man.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #649 on: April 17, 2021, 02:18:23 PM »
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
8 years ago this morning, I sat and stared at my laptop wondering what to type to get this quit rolling. Well... it wasn’t brilliant but it WAS honest.

Fast forward full circle... I’m sitting in the same chair staring at a screen and wondering what to type.

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)
congrats on 8 years Shane! You have a stake in my quitting weather you know it or not and I appreciate you! Thanks for all ya do!

Thank you for helping pave that path for all of us. Stay strong my friend.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #648 on: April 17, 2021, 02:03:23 PM »

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)

Jan19

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #647 on: April 17, 2021, 01:50:22 PM »

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #646 on: April 17, 2021, 12:03:02 PM »

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #645 on: April 17, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 11:12:39 AM by AppleJack »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #644 on: March 26, 2021, 02:36:03 PM »
Congrats to my July Brother on the big 29th.
Still quittin here and telling it like it is, no quams coming from AJ.
I respect that so much and welcome the tough quit love you give out.
Congrats sir, guess I missed that on roll this morning
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #643 on: March 26, 2021, 02:26:45 PM »
Congrats to my July Brother on the big 29th.
Still quittin here and telling it like it is, no quams coming from AJ.
I respect that so much and welcome the tough quit love you give out.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline SmokeyMountainExpress

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/12/2019
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #642 on: December 21, 2020, 12:20:04 AM »
Geez.
This poor dusty thing was 11 pages down the intro waste bin. I should give it some love once in awhile.

Today, I posted up this number in my July ‘13 group:

I even typed that comma... I type it in every day. I earned that shit! Lol! Every new HOF number that rolls by gets me to thinking and reflecting and reinforces my deep gratitude for these halls. Without this place at ‘that’ time in April of 2013, I have a pretty good idea of the quality of life I’d be “enjoying”... stuck in an endless rut of lying and denial and fear and shame and ALL the various and similar garbage that this addiction saddles you with.

That’s not life, man.
Addiction over/hyper saturates the entirety of your life’s rhythm. It runs the show.
That’s not freedom, man.

This place...
This place gave me the tools to get strong and...
take back my life and...
do away with the need to lie and...
reverse the denial and...
conquer the fear and...
own the shame...
So that I could be free.

The freedom that exists in being able to face your addiction and tell it to “Fuck off” with complete authority is...

Life.
Congratulations on the 2800 days free my brother.
PNW Power right here!
Thank you for still walking these halls and showing us the power of brotherhood and accountability.
We are or were all scared, scared of failing mainly, scared of dealing with things without the mask of the bitch nicotine.
I am proud to quit with you and your no-nonsense approach to the quit.

Good for you! Good for you! Tip of the cap on such a worthy number. Stay strong!

Many of quitters I’m sure owe you a Thank You!  Personally I would like to say I appreciate you taking the time to comment and help a young quitter through the struggle.  Keep on my friend!

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #641 on: December 16, 2020, 01:56:57 AM »
Geez.
This poor dusty thing was 11 pages down the intro waste bin. I should give it some love once in awhile.

I even typed that comma... I type it in every day. I earned that shit! Lol! Every new HOF number that rolls by gets me to thinking and reflecting and reinforces my deep gratitude for these halls. Without this place at ‘that’ time in April of 2013, I have a pretty good idea of the quality of life I’d be “enjoying”... stuck in an endless rut of lying and denial and fear and shame and ALL the various and similar garbage that this addiction saddles you with.

That’s not life, man.
Addiction over/hyper saturates the entirety of your life’s rhythm. It runs the show.
That’s not freedom, man.

This place...
take back my life and...
conquer the fear and...
own the shame...
So that I could be free.

The freedom that exists in being able to face your addiction and tell it to “Fuck off” with complete authority is...

Life.
PNW Power right here!
Thank you for still walking these halls and showing us the power of brotherhood and accountability.
We are or were all scared, scared of failing mainly, scared of dealing with things without the mask of the bitch nicotine.

Good for you! Good for you! Tip of the cap on such a worthy number. Stay strong!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #640 on: December 15, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »
Geez.

That’s not life, man.
That’s not freedom, man.

This place...
take back my life and...
conquer the fear and...
own the shame...
So that I could be free.

Life.
PNW Power right here!
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #639 on: December 15, 2020, 11:26:44 AM »
Geez.

That’s not life, man.
That’s not freedom, man.

This place...
take back my life and...
conquer the fear and...
own the shame...
So that I could be free.

Life.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #638 on: February 20, 2020, 12:59:19 PM »
Damn. This intro is dusty as hell! Haha

This is life today. Check this out:

AJ... 2,500

Almost 7 years ago I was looking at a blinking cursor on my laptop screen, knowing that the next words I typed on this site were going to be epic. Life changing. Scary. Needed.

“AppleJack... Day 1”
(I still have no damn idea why I stuck with that stupid name.)

I have no special knowledge to impart today. This process is pretty damn easy. Make your decision. Own it. Work it. Get involved here. Stay involved here.

Done.

I’m not even close to the activity level I practiced during my first year or two after quitting. But... still here every day. Still 100% on daily roll. Don’t plan on changing that any time soon. The 10-20 seconds it takes to post up and strengthen my quit each day are gladly given. Gladly. It’s the cost of freedom but it’s NOTHING compared to the benefit of freedom.
Complete badass quitter here. Not easy but it's simple!

Impressive and BADASS
Thanks for your leadership over the past 7 years, Shane.  We've seen a lot of stuff here... leaders come and go, drama out the wazoo, threats, platform changes, lost friends to cancer, seen divorces and health problems play out, but in the end... we keep following the plan that was laid out by KTC (post roll, keep your promise, brotherhood + accountability = success) and here we are - winning at something that seemed so damn impossible. 

Thanks for being a leader, and a friend.  Congratulations on another huge milestone - with many more to come.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #637 on: February 19, 2020, 12:22:42 PM »

AJ... 2,500

Almost 7 years ago I was looking at a blinking cursor on my laptop screen, knowing that the next words I typed on this site were going to be epic. Life changing. Scary. Needed.

“AppleJack... Day 1”

I have no special knowledge to impart today. This process is pretty damn easy. Make your decision. Own it. Work it. Get involved here. Stay involved here.

Done.

I’m not even close to the activity level I practiced during my first year or two after quitting. But... still here every day. Still 100% on daily roll. Don’t plan on changing that any time soon. The 10-20 seconds it takes to post up and strengthen my quit each day are gladly given. Gladly. It’s the cost of freedom but it’s NOTHING compared to the benefit of freedom.

Impressive and BADASS
Jan19

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #636 on: February 19, 2020, 12:06:17 PM »

AJ... 2,500

“AppleJack... Day 1”

Done.