Author Topic: Day 1... I quit  (Read 47052 times)

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
Re: Day 1... I quit
« Reply #665 on: December 20, 2023, 09:28:57 AM »
Wow.
I got an auto-warning when I opened up my intro that’s it’s dusty af, likely forgotten, and maybe I should consider starting a new one! lol

Anyway.
It’s 7:30am and I’m sitting in the living room of a VRBO in Florence, Italy. It’s still the previous day for most folk. 10+ years ago… I seriously don’t know if I could have done this trip with my wife and, soon to be graduated from college, daughter. I really don’t think the level of my addiction would have allowed for that. Where the hell could I get that much dip hidden in my backpack or carry-on?! It sounds asinine to even say that but it’s true. I would likely have stayed up nights worrying about it or deep diving into Google until I was zombied out, trying to find ANY place that sold it.

That shit ruined my life on so many levels… there really are no words to describe it but… you all know.

No more, man.
No more.
I don’t think about it anymore.
I don’t care about it anymore.
I don’t worry about it anymore.
It doesn’t run the show anymore.

Freedom is SO damn cool.
Cheers, Quitters!

AJ… 3,900

Huge congrats on the 39th @AppleJack. Keep kicking ass.
  'Bow' Congrats on 3900!! Thanks for continuing to blaze that path for the rest of us. Enjoy your trip!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #664 on: December 20, 2023, 06:05:07 AM »
Wow.
I got an auto-warning when I opened up my intro that’s it’s dusty af, likely forgotten, and maybe I should consider starting a new one! lol

Anyway.
It’s 7:30am and I’m sitting in the living room of a VRBO in Florence, Italy. It’s still the previous day for most folk. 10+ years ago… I seriously don’t know if I could have done this trip with my wife and, soon to be graduated from college, daughter. I really don’t think the level of my addiction would have allowed for that. Where the hell could I get that much dip hidden in my backpack or carry-on?! It sounds asinine to even say that but it’s true. I would likely have stayed up nights worrying about it or deep diving into Google until I was zombied out, trying to find ANY place that sold it.

That shit ruined my life on so many levels… there really are no words to describe it but… you all know.

No more, man.
No more.

Freedom is SO damn cool.
Cheers, Quitters!

AJ… 3,900

Huge congrats on the 39th @AppleJack. Keep kicking ass.
Jan19

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #663 on: December 20, 2023, 01:39:25 AM »
Wow.

Anyway.

No more, man.
No more.

Freedom is SO damn cool.
Cheers, Quitters!

AJ… 3,900
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #662 on: August 04, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
I’m not sure how you add a “like”, but I have to agree the old site was much preferred to Discord.

I'm posting both here and on Discord.  I remember when I quit that some folks had trouble posting in a forum.  They just weren't that into computers.  I'm sure these days younger quitters just want to use apps on their phones.  For me this whole thing became real around day 19 when someone I shared my digits with actually called me - I picked up and we talked for over an hour.  Hiding behind a screen is ok I guess but talking to people and getting out to meet them will multiply your quit mojo 1000 times.    8)
Amen brother - the forums are just a medium. Talking to a brother has helped me navigate a lot more than just overcoming addiction. IQWYT
So true. The brother/sisterhood has been huge in my quit. I don’t want to let anyone down. It is also a hell of a lot easier to quit as part of a group than as an individual. Probably why we all failed on our own.
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #661 on: August 04, 2022, 01:53:21 AM »
I’m not sure how you add a “like”, but I have to agree the old site was much preferred to Discord.

I'm posting both here and on Discord.  I remember when I quit that some folks had trouble posting in a forum.  They just weren't that into computers.  I'm sure these days younger quitters just want to use apps on their phones.  For me this whole thing became real around day 19 when someone I shared my digits with actually called me - I picked up and we talked for over an hour.  Hiding behind a screen is ok I guess but talking to people and getting out to meet them will multiply your quit mojo 1000 times.    8)
Amen brother - the forums are just a medium. Talking to a brother has helped me navigate a lot more than just overcoming addiction. IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #660 on: August 01, 2022, 11:07:08 PM »

Offline Grandpa

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: June 11, 2016
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #659 on: August 01, 2022, 06:20:26 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #658 on: July 31, 2022, 11:31:40 AM »
Whoa.

Well over a year on this thread.
That makes me sad... a little. At almost 3,400 days I don't really need this thread but... others do. The noobs and the lurkers. When I first quit, without threads like this or, say, my friend worktowin's, I would have been lost and this shit would have been WAY harder. In fact, had KTC been then, what it is right now... I would have failed. This place was ALIVE! It was unique. We all needed that. Hell, we still need that. Yeah, it was bulky and a little clunky, but you earned that shit by buying into this community.

Now?
Discord was/is a stupid move.
It got sold well.
The party line was written, handed out, and then vomited on all of us.

There's an old adage that is SO true, yet so many people STILL try to buck its truth to justify stupid shit... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
It's obviously too late to roll back so take this as a grumpy old man's "Sunday morning sitting on my ass drinking coffee and musing out loud" post.

Quit on all you awesome people.
I'm obviously going down with this ship and I know there are others that feel that way too... cheers to you all!

AJ... 3,393 days QLF

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #657 on: July 12, 2021, 09:08:20 AM »
3,000 days quit!!!
Well... 8 days ago, really. I was on vacay when the 3rd dangle dropped.

I'm lazy that way.

That number is crazy as hell to me! It was an absolute pipe dream when I first quit and the thought of it was almost anxiety inducing. I don't have much to type today other than this: Follow. The. Program.

The struggle of "one day at a time" becomes, at some point, something you don't have to work at anymore. The beginning of your quit is permeated by an optimistic "hope" to one day post up these big ol' numbers. Now? I fully expect to hit the next big milestone. Another 100 days... another year... the next comma. I am absolutely going to crush it. I owned this road to freedom the SECOND I typed "AppleJack... day 1".

Rock on and QLF.
Congrats brother! Thanks for leading the way.
Congrats sir, keep being the straight shooting badass that you are!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #656 on: July 12, 2021, 08:47:55 AM »
3,000 days quit!!!

I'm lazy that way.

That number is crazy as hell to me! It was an absolute pipe dream when I first quit and the thought of it was almost anxiety inducing. I don't have much to type today other than this: Follow. The. Program.

The struggle of "one day at a time" becomes, at some point, something you don't have to work at anymore. The beginning of your quit is permeated by an optimistic "hope" to one day post up these big ol' numbers. Now? I fully expect to hit the next big milestone. Another 100 days... another year... the next comma. I am absolutely going to crush it. I owned this road to freedom the SECOND I typed "AppleJack... day 1".

Rock on and QLF.
Congrats brother! Thanks for leading the way.
Jan19

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #655 on: July 11, 2021, 12:23:36 PM »
3,000 days quit!!!

I'm lazy that way.

Rock on and QLF.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #654 on: April 18, 2021, 01:16:38 AM »
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
8 years ago this morning, I sat and stared at my laptop wondering what to type to get this quit rolling. Well... it wasn’t brilliant but it WAS honest.

Fast forward full circle... I’m sitting in the same chair staring at a screen and wondering what to type.

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

It works. Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)
congrats on 8 years Shane! You have a stake in my quitting weather you know it or not and I appreciate you! Thanks for all ya do!

Congrats AJ.  We are lucky to have you!
Congrats brother. Keep leading the way.
Thank you for helping pave that path for all of us. Stay strong my friend.
so very proud of you man.
8 freaking years!! congrats!!
Congrats sir! 8 years is one helluvan achievement. Damn proud to follow in your footsteps

Congrats on 8 years brother!   8)
My quit bro from another mother.
You are the real deal man.
Thank you for still being here.
For still telling it like it is.
You want quit hard ass realism?
Well then... Ask AJ
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #653 on: April 17, 2021, 11:19:19 PM »
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
8 years ago this morning, I sat and stared at my laptop wondering what to type to get this quit rolling. Well... it wasn’t brilliant but it WAS honest.

Fast forward full circle... I’m sitting in the same chair staring at a screen and wondering what to type.

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)
congrats on 8 years Shane! You have a stake in my quitting weather you know it or not and I appreciate you! Thanks for all ya do!

Congrats sir! 8 years is one helluvan achievement. Damn proud to follow in your footsteps

Congrats on 8 years brother!   8)

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #652 on: April 17, 2021, 09:27:32 PM »

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #651 on: April 17, 2021, 08:25:11 PM »

I got nothin’. Lol

Practice what we preach:
One day at a time.
Get involved.
Stay involved.
Post your promise.
Keep your word.
Do it again tomorrow.

AJ... 2,923/8 years
(yeah, I quoted myself)

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop