Author Topic: Intro... Getting Serious about this Quit  (Read 4095 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Intro... Getting Serious about this Quit
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2021, 08:00:33 AM »
@USMC_Ham Congrats on your HOF day brother! Man those first few weeks were Hard going friend and you were another Text brother that helped me just bullshiting in those early days. I was hoping your luck would come my way for that big Buck but it didn't, imma out do you this year i promise. Know i am here because you helped me stay quit and its a debt ill never forget. Keep your Knee on that bitch and the foot on the throttle and lets continue to stomp a mud hole in this thing!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2018, 05:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Flaw
Quote from: Athan
One more day Ham, just one more day
everyday
One more day Ham, just one more day.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2018, 06:59:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Flaw

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-02
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2018, 04:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Athan
everyday

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 07:33:00 AM »
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline VegasGoldenKnights

• Quitter
  • Interests: Particle Science and nanotechnology, I sell and distribute a technology that atomizes organic compounds. I love what I do, and I hate dip.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2018, 10:25:00 AM »
LetÂ’s go Devil Dog, quit this nasty, disgusting, worthless shit.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »
Losers stay down. Winners learn, get back up, and keep fighting.
Keep fighting Ham, Keep fighting.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 05:51:00 PM »
Quote from: USMC_Ham
Day - 49

.....if your child is EVER running a fever pump their ass with tylenol....

Have you heard of Reye Syndrome? Look it up if you haven't. Aspirin can kill a child with a fever
Good call with the Tylenol

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33:00 AM »
Day - 49

Well when it rains it pours....

One of these times this post will be a happy go fuck yourself nic bitch post... But not there yet.

Right after probly the hardest week of quit last week. My daughter decides to scare the ever loving shit out of us. She has been somewhat sick with a temp all week, and she is badass so its hard to tell if she is actually feeling bad when she is sick... Anyways.... Her fever spikes to 104 and she has a seizure and is not getting enough oxygen. She calls the ambulance and they take her to hospital. I get called out of work with the only information of my daughter had a seizure and she is going to the hospital 20 minutes away. So that entire drive I didn't know if my daughter was going to be alive or dead when I got there... Trippy shit... When I do she is just starting to come back from the seizure, her temp is still 104, and her brain is basically rebooting. She couldn't open her eyes or use the muscles in her face. It is hard to watch your baby girl suffer like that man. It turns out she had an acute case of RSV and thats what caused her fever spike. Once it came down, and she opened her eyes you would have never known that it happened. She played and ran around the house like it never happened. Moral of the story, if your child is EVER running a fever pump their ass with tylenol....

It pisses me of that during all of this I had the fucking thought of this as a perfect excuse to cave... But I never had a chance to talk myself into a quit, as my wife was right there to keep me accountable. I didn't need dip to make it through this day. My brain WANTED a dip. Still feel guilty for it.

So if you are reading this life is a bitch to everyone. Especially when you are beasting a 49 day quit.

Quit on fuckers....

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
SIX WEEKS. That's a big deal. Thanks for letting me be a part of your quit.
My brother in quit JGromo is fond of saying 1 problem + tobacco = 2 problems. You got that right.
Very cool you were able to display tobacco free manhood to those young men.
I heard it said once that any fool can count the apples on a tree; only God can count the apples in a seed.
To be sure you will bear much good fruit. It is an essential part of manhood to mentor youth.
Had the pleasure of mentoring two young men at the high school today - both of them going into the Navy.

Proud of you Ham. Your battle is hard fought and will therefore be worth more to you than were it not.
See you in the hall...

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
Day 42 -

This has been a hard week fellas. I drove to my interview 4 hours away and 4 hours back, and those are my favorite times to dip. For an interview no less, and boy did I want a can. I resisted it all and Smokey Mountain came in for the win again. I ended up getting the job for a Defensive Coordinator (Back story I am an Offensive guy coaching QBs so I am switching sides of the ball) and It will help me in my journey to become a Head Coach.

With how much I disliked my job, and the struggles I have had in my 3 years there... I hadn't thought about how much I loved my QBs that I have poured my heart and soul into for the last 3 years. To have to tell them that I was leaving because it was the best thing for me and my family freaking broke my heart... And theirs too... It was quit possibly one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

Its the first time I have had to deal with heartbreak in my quit. Let me tell you. If I hadn't joined this site I would have caved a long time ago, and I am not out of the woods yet either. The stress is only beginning. Looking for a place to live, Buy a house?, the team isn't very good, daycare, Mother in law, and the list goes on. All of this with the pain of leaving 2 of my "Sons" which is basically what they have been to me the last 3 years. Sucks.... I am not a cryer boys, but this was not enjoyable by any means.

I'm not here to write a sob story gents... I write this so I can look at what all I have made it through... And truthfully I can't let down the guys I have met on here.

Athan keeps picking me up and dusting me off during my journey. Something I am greatful for. For the record he is the kind of guy to text you at 5am to WUPP.... And I love it...

Thanks guy. I am needing it here lately...

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »
Doing great Ham, inspiring all who drop in and read your blog. All I remember about being a young father was how cute my fat little babies were. I don't remember the long hauls or the bills or any of that stuff but it was there just the same.
Still, I read your situation and am ashamed as I was bitching about something trivial the other day. I got no bitching rights.
Proud to quit with you today. Lets do it again tomorrow.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 09:50:00 AM »
Day 34

Just going to post some struggles and victories for the people who think that quitting is impossible...

These last two weeks have been a nightmare of struggles that would have made anyone cave... But not me. Not Today

For starters I am still looking for a new job, and it hasn't come to fruition because my coaching network is relatively small. Anyways. I have had to turn down good jobs and look for relatively bad ones but with good people. It is all coming down to I am going to have to take a pay cut and Me and lady are going to have to struggle for a couple years. With that also being said, we just found out that we are pregnant with our second kid. Which if you have been reading you can kind of figure out that the "Miscommunication" was finding out we were pregnant and We couldn't afford that amount of paycut.

Then It was our kids birthday. We had two parties. One at my Parents and then on at our house. So about 6 hours worth of driving, and then 6 hours worth cleaning for a party. Wife is pissed, which is naturally pissing me off. Great times.

So on the one hand it is like fuck... And on the other it is pure joy. I am stressed looking for a job, stressed that I might have to stay, stressed that we are going to face a struggle, stressed at the unknown, stressed for starting in a new area, and stressed that I know the wife is Preggy P and her mood swings now have teeth, and on top of all of this it is Spring football where I am working 13 - 14 hour days flying by the seat of my pants coaching monkeys how to fuck a football.

So If you are reading this it is sure as shit possible... You just have to want it.

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
Day 20

Closing in on the 3rd week of quit and this last week has been brutal. Ended up having to turn down a job that I really wanted because of some miscommunication. It was just pure emotion and then stress. Not happy working in the spot that I am at, but now I might have to stay another year.... Sucks... I was worried that I might talk myself into a cave, so I texted some numbers. Just being able to pop a few shots off down range and not at my wife ( which would have sucked even more because we both would have been Pissed ) was a huge help. But as much as I want it to be, the plan is not my own. ***Jeremiah 29:11***

Problem + Dip = 2 Problems

So a huge shout out to those guys for being there. Helped out a lot.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »
"...Hope to join you in about 88 all day every days..."

If there's breath in my lungs...

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer