Author Topic: Intro... Getting Serious about this Quit  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Intro... Getting Serious about this Quit
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 06:40:00 PM »
Quote from: USMC_Ham
Day 12

I have officially hit my weight threshold at 230. So that means it is time to start hitting the gym again. Lucky for me I am getting paid monthly to have a gym membership... (Coaching Perks). With every day past day 10 I have started to feel the changes of no tobacco. Primarily though I just feel lighter. I am not carrying a burden anymore, and my relationships with my family are getting stronger. I still have some mood swings, but I am no longer looking to get away from them to steal a dip.

I hate some of the shit I pulled. To have to tell my wife I have been lying to her for the last 3 years was super shitty. But as I saw today you have to build the walls around your quit strong. Burn all the bridges that the Nic Bitch has built in order to fight the fight and win. I told her to question everything, and my usual tricks for dip.

So my last words of encouragement for myself today and to others who need it:

If it is a fair fight you didn't plan it well enough

Quit on
Hey man, glad to see you picked up journal idea....I not known for being wordy....but I sometimes get the diarrhea of the mouth disease....I post journal thoughts in my Intro, that way folks get to read it if they click my signature on posts.....I find it to be great therapy.....just talking about shit and getting feedback....sounded silly at first but it makes a difference

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »
Day 12

I have officially hit my weight threshold at 230. So that means it is time to start hitting the gym again. Lucky for me I am getting paid monthly to have a gym membership... (Coaching Perks). With every day past day 10 I have started to feel the changes of no tobacco. Primarily though I just feel lighter. I am not carrying a burden anymore, and my relationships with my family are getting stronger. I still have some mood swings, but I am no longer looking to get away from them to steal a dip.

I hate some of the shit I pulled. To have to tell my wife I have been lying to her for the last 3 years was super shitty. But as I saw today you have to build the walls around your quit strong. Burn all the bridges that the Nic Bitch has built in order to fight the fight and win. I told her to question everything, and my usual tricks for dip.

So my last words of encouragement for myself today and to others who need it:

If it is a fair fight you didn't plan it well enough

Quit on

Offline XxjohnnyquidxX

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 11:54:00 AM »
Day 10 - Double Digits

I scored a couple of huge victories this weekend. Twice my wife and daughter left me by my lonesome. And twice I chose to remain true to my word. Now did the thought enter my mind? You bet your butt it did. They were two of the most perfect chances to score a dip and know body be the wiser. Except my integrity would be shit. I haven't approached the moment yet, but if I do I hope I make the right choice and reach out instead of reach for.

So I am happy to be in the Double Digits, but the Nic Bitch is still at me. It is crazy how true the addiction is, and if you ever choose to quit you will find that "I am an addict" are the truest fucking words in your quit. If you haven't said them yet, you are kidding yourself, and ignoring how big of a punk the can has made you into.

Quit today. Every Minute. Every Second.

I know the feeling, Saturday night Day 12 was driving to pick up take out by myself and the NIC bitch was riding shotgun pestering me saying you need a dip while you drive.

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 11:43:00 AM »
Day 10 - Double Digits

I scored a couple of huge victories this weekend. Twice my wife and daughter left me by my lonesome. And twice I chose to remain true to my word. Now did the thought enter my mind? You bet your butt it did. They were two of the most perfect chances to score a dip and know body be the wiser. Except my integrity would be shit. I haven't approached the moment yet, but if I do I hope I make the right choice and reach out instead of reach for.

So I am happy to be in the Double Digits, but the Nic Bitch is still at me. It is crazy how true the addiction is, and if you ever choose to quit you will find that "I am an addict" are the truest fucking words in your quit. If you haven't said them yet, you are kidding yourself, and ignoring how big of a punk the can has made you into.

Quit today. Every Minute. Every Second.

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 04:40:00 PM »
Day 8 Snitches.

Today I am feeling much better. The wife and kid have gone to the grocery store and I usually take this time to sneak a dip or two but today I am above it. I have turned down the can more times than I can think of and that feels surprisingly good today. I have had the mood swings. I have had the fights with the Mrs. and still came out on top with one less problem. As stupid of an idea as I thought posting on a wall, much less writing a journal for other quit nerds to read, was... I am happy I gave it a try. Just to know that 50+ quit warriors are going to a$$ rape a forum in my name if I don't quit for another day has helped more than I ever thought was possible. So if you are reading this. Give it a try.

So to those that support me... I thank you.
and those who have quit before me... I salute you.

Everybody else has a choice to make....

Online Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 05:00:00 AM »
Quote from: USMC_Ham
Im not the wordsmith that some of these other cats are in their journey
The world is full of articulate fools. What it's starving for is leadership.
I reckon you've got that by the bushel.
Quit on Marine!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 10:49:00 PM »
Day number 6

Im not the wordsmith that some of these other cats are in their journey, but last night and tonight has been full of the same choice every few minutes. To be free of the can. Im not going to act like its been all sunshine and rainbows... It has been a few rounds of bare knuckle boxing, but I don't want to let down the July Guys. The Other Guys.

Funny story.

You have to be 18 to buy smokey mountain from walmart. So dont forget your wallets. Shits weak....

Offline devil6dog

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting big Hockey fan San Jose Sharks and Minnesota college hockey teams. From Minnesota, big Vikings fan.I enjoy playing Ice Hockey as much as I can. I'm marries with two children and 2 grand children
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 12:52:00 AM »
Quote from: garyb715
Ham,
First let me say get ready for the shit..... But you can absolutely do this. I am not a long time quitter like most of the guys around here but I am a quitter. Dipped for exactly 40 years (Yes 40 fucking years!!!) Me and you brother are going to kick the shit out of the Nic Bitch together.

First big suggestion.............Tell everyone you are quitting. Second big suggestion post, post, post on KTC.

I am here for you and anyone else that needs to be kicked in the ass. Gary (Old guy that is quitting with you young hard dicks).

Gary
Well said Gary. Dipped 35 years , tried quitting many times. This place works. Just celebrated 3 years quit. Do whatever it takes. Use fake, drink lots of water, post a lot, get involved. The recipe is the same. This place works and nothing else ever has. Trust the process, make your promise on roll every morning and keep your word.

Semper Fi

Todd

Offline garyb715

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »
Ham,
First let me say get ready for the shit..... But you can absolutely do this. I am not a long time quitter like most of the guys around here but I am a quitter. Dipped for exactly 40 years (Yes 40 fucking years!!!) Me and you brother are going to kick the shit out of the Nic Bitch together.

First big suggestion.............Tell everyone you are quitting. Second big suggestion post, post, post on KTC.

I am here for you and anyone else that needs to be kicked in the ass. Gary (Old guy that is quitting with you young hard dicks).

Gary

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
I am currently sitting at day 5. Huge shout out to all the support here guys. I have already responded to a couple numbers and I hope to get a few more

My biggest problem is that I have been hiding it for the last year or so. I would quit for 1 or two weeks and then cave because it is so easy to talk yourself into a can. I Joined this site because my brother told me about how it helped him quit and stay quit. I am looking for something that I haven't had so far and that is some accountability partners that aren't afraid to call me on my bullshit just like my brother did. That small nic voice is still trying to convince myself that I am not that serious this round, and I have to fight it off every second.

So to those that have reached out I thank you.

Keep in my corner pimps... I am going another round

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Athan
Quote from: 69Franx
Welcome to the best decision of your life. Read all you can. Reach out to new quitters and old alike. Share and exchange numbers. Make it more than just a place to put your name and number. Make a commitment and keep your word. As a marine, you should understand the strength of your word and value keeping it. If you can post, keep your word and do it again the next day, this is the only quit you will ever need. Digits coming
Keep posting Ham, here in your thread; it's very therapeutic. A lot of guys do it and it helps. Check out Kybo or JGromo for starters.
Hydration is important the first couple of weeks.
Stick with it, gimmee a holler if you feel like raging, I've got quit ears on. Don't rage at home or at work.
See you in the hall...
Short and to the point, these first few days, weeks, etc. are going to suck. Embrace it and enjoy the journey. People are here to help, reach out to them and grab the accountability you seek.

Online Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:43:00 AM »
Quote from: 69Franx
Welcome to the best decision of your life. Read all you can. Reach out to new quitters and old alike. Share and exchange numbers. Make it more than just a place to put your name and number. Make a commitment and keep your word. As a marine, you should understand the strength of your word and value keeping it. If you can post, keep your word and do it again the next day, this is the only quit you will ever need. Digits coming
Keep posting Ham, here in your thread; it's very therapeutic. A lot of guys do it and it helps. Check out Kybo or JGromo for starters.
Hydration is important the first couple of weeks.
Stick with it, gimmee a holler if you feel like raging, I've got quit ears on. Don't rage at home or at work.
See you in the hall...
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 04:18:00 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Big Red 77

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
Glad to hear it!!! You came to the right place because we all care about each other and will hold you accountable on your promise. Reach out to me or anyone on this site if you have any questions !!

Big Red

Offline USMC_Ham

• Quitter
Intro... Getting Serious about this Quit
« on: April 03, 2018, 08:40:00 AM »
Here is my story. Short and Sweet

It started for me in 2010 while training for the Marines. I told myself it was something to do while getting shit on during training, and I told myself I would quit when I was done. But I was hooked at that point. Then I told myself after College, and after I was done with the Marines. Then I had quit last year for 4 months leading up to the birth of my daughter but once she arrived I let the excuses come back and have been on again off again ever since. I am tired of not having any accountability in my quit. It is easy to cave when nobody knows or cares that it is happening. I want to be around while my daughter is growing up. So this is my final quit.

That is my story