Author Topic: Hello! I'm Quittin' Last Tuesday  (Read 8225 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello! I'm Quittin' Last Tuesday
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy
Hello Everyone,

I wouldn't usually consider myself a wimp and can generally handle my own problems, but I need some friends to help me through this.

I quit dipping 11 days ago. This has been an on/off habit for about 30 years. I just got angry enough with myself for letting this stuff control me so I quit cold turkey.

So far so good, but things have been tough. I can hardly sleep and have constant sinus/head aches. I have also been reduced to tears by some tough bouts with anxiety and depression.

My wife is very supportive. However, I work at home and am alone most of the day. It sure can get uncomfortable facing all those triggers by oneself.

Thanks for listening.

I have quit and will not go back.

Keddy
Keddy

There is no magic bullet. The first few days will suck, infact we generally refer to the first 72 hours as the suck. What helped me was to just accept all of it.

I couldn't sleep .... but I was quit
I couldn't stop sleeping..... but I was quit
I was irritated..... but I was quit
I had the headaches ( which is normal) ..... but I was quit
I was anxious, depressed, angry, sad, frustrated, lacked concentration, lacked patience, and the list goes on. but I was quit.

I made a simple decision that I would be ok with whatever was coming my way. I felt all the craves, I felt the funk at 70 days, I had dip rage like you wouldn't believe. Even had a panic attack . Thought it was a heart attack and drove myself to the hospital. This is some vile shit that we got ourselves hooked on, and it will take some time to unravel it all. However, nothing about quittting will kill you, it will be uncomfortable and at times downright tough.

Acknowledge what your feeling and accept it. There is a price to pay to earn your freedom.

When you DECIDE your willing to pay any price for as long as it takes, your quit will become the simplest hard thing you ever did.

Ride out the storm, your on your way.

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
Re: Hello! I'm Quittin' Last Tuesday
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I wouldn't usually consider myself a wimp and can generally handle my own problems, but I need some friends to help me through this.

I quit dipping 11 days ago. This has been an on/off habit for about 30 years. I just got angry enough with myself for letting this stuff control me so I quit cold turkey.

So far so good, but things have been tough. I can hardly sleep and have constant sinus/head aches. I have also been reduced to tears by some tough bouts with anxiety and depression.

My wife is very supportive. However, I work at home and am alone most of the day. It sure can get uncomfortable facing all those triggers by oneself.

Thanks for listening.

Keddy

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
Hello! I'm Quittin' Last Tuesday
« on: November 03, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for listening.

Keddy