Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1353 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: Day 1
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »
Hey everyone.
I have chewed for about 12 years now, and i have finally gotten to the point of chewing about one and a half cans per day. I have been wanting to quit for years and tried a few times with little success. Im sick of being a slave to this crap, and I am starting to really worry about the long term effects of this stuff. My mouth is a war zone right now. I threw away all my cans, bought some gum and here I am. I haven't had a dip since yesterday. Every single minute i crave it, and it was especially hard right after lunch, because honestly that was  the best time. I have used it as a crutch for so long..works slow ill have a dip...gotta get up and do something..better get a dip..ooh shower time let me pack one in so i can relax...Ooh my chew got all wet in the shower..better freshen up. NO MORE! i want to keep my teeth and my smile and a little extra cash in the pockets wouldnt be bad as i averaged about 50 bucks a week.
Im thankful for this group.

-B
Heres to a better future...a dipless future!!

Welcome Btew,

You've made a wise decision.  First off, I just want to clarify the gum you got is NOT nicotine gum, right?  If it is, then throw it away too.  This is a nicotine free zone.

I am going to go on the assumption that it is regular gum for now.  In that case, you said you haven't had a dip since yesterday, so in here Day 1 is the day you have your last dip and throw out what's left.  So that means today is your Day 2.  Way to go bro.

Head on over to your quit group, March 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group and post roll.  The other members of your group have all quit around the same time frame.  ou will all hit 100 days quit in the month of March.

Get to know the other quitters in your group, exchange phone numbers with them and some of the vets.  This is very important in building your accountability and brotherhood network.

Everyday you will come in here at the start of your day and post your promise not to use nicotine for the day.  Keep your word for 24 hours, and then come back and do it again.  It's that simple and it's that hard.  Quitting is not easy but you can do it.  Lean on the support this site offers.  Read and learn about your addiction.

I am quit with you today,

chris2alaska 327 days nicotine free.

Chris,

Yes. The gum is mentos gum :) No nicotine for this fella!

Ill post roll right now :) thank you!

WOO HOOO.  Check your Messages for a PM from me
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Btew2

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »
Hey everyone.
I have chewed for about 12 years now, and i have finally gotten to the point of chewing about one and a half cans per day. I have been wanting to quit for years and tried a few times with little success. Im sick of being a slave to this crap, and I am starting to really worry about the long term effects of this stuff. My mouth is a war zone right now. I threw away all my cans, bought some gum and here I am. I haven't had a dip since yesterday. Every single minute i crave it, and it was especially hard right after lunch, because honestly that was  the best time. I have used it as a crutch for so long..works slow ill have a dip...gotta get up and do something..better get a dip..ooh shower time let me pack one in so i can relax...Ooh my chew got all wet in the shower..better freshen up. NO MORE! i want to keep my teeth and my smile and a little extra cash in the pockets wouldnt be bad as i averaged about 50 bucks a week.

-B

Welcome Btew,

You've made a wise decision.  First off, I just want to clarify the gum you got is NOT nicotine gum, right?  If it is, then throw it away too.  This is a nicotine free zone.

I am going to go on the assumption that it is regular gum for now.  In that case, you said you haven't had a dip since yesterday, so in here Day 1 is the day you have your last dip and throw out what's left.  So that means today is your Day 2.  Way to go bro.

Head on over to your quit group, March 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group and post roll.  The other members of your group have all quit around the same time frame.  ou will all hit 100 days quit in the month of March.

Get to know the other quitters in your group, exchange phone numbers with them and some of the vets.  This is very important in building your accountability and brotherhood network.

Everyday you will come in here at the start of your day and post your promise not to use nicotine for the day.  Keep your word for 24 hours, and then come back and do it again.  It's that simple and it's that hard.  Quitting is not easy but you can do it.  Lean on the support this site offers.  Read and learn about your addiction.

Chris,

Yes. The gum is mentos gum :) No nicotine for this fella!

Ill post roll right now :) thank you!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »
Hey everyone.

-B

Welcome Btew,

If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Btew2

• Likes Given: 0
Day 1
« on: December 10, 2018, 03:36:57 PM »
Hey everyone.

-B