Author Topic: 34 Years and Done  (Read 727 times)

Offline jarhead

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 34 Years and Done
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
I'm also a thirty plusser and I feel your pain. One day at a time.

Jarhead

Offline tazmed

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: 34andone
Quote from: kdip
Sorry bro!!! I meant November and I didn't see your post because you posted in the support area at the bottom.  I dipped that crap and/ or smoked as long as you did and am proud to almost 3 years quit!  You can DO this one day at a time!!!  Do WHATEVER it takes to get free from that crap. Life is BETTER without it even though you are probably having a hard time seeing it about now. It gets better WAY Bettter!!!  PM me if you need help or a phone number.
Not a problem. New to this computer posting shit. You probably know, but the support from this site is gonna make it happen. Bad day today!! I keep looking for this fucking halo on my head and it's over, but one day at a time. Day 4 almost done. Tomorrow is a new day. I am ready for the challenge!

Thanks Brother!!
That's the right attitude...get mad at it, call it names, get physical with your quit. If you're into running, imagine that you're chasing your addiction down the street and you're going to kick its ass when you catch it. Reach out to your brothers and sisters here, get some numbers, call or text when you're starting to feel the craves. The site works, use the tools, you WILL beat the nic bitch.

Stay strong brother, glad to be quit with you today.

Offline 34andone

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Sorry bro!!! I meant November and I didn't see your post because you posted in the support area at the bottom. I dipped that crap and/ or smoked as long as you did and am proud to almost 3 years quit! You can DO this one day at a time!!! Do WHATEVER it takes to get free from that crap. Life is BETTER without it even though you are probably having a hard time seeing it about now. It gets better WAY Bettter!!! PM me if you need help or a phone number.
Not a problem. New to this computer posting shit. You probably know, but the support from this site is gonna make it happen. Bad day today!! I keep looking for this fucking halo on my head and it's over, but one day at a time. Day 4 almost done. Tomorrow is a new day. I am ready for the challenge!

Thanks Brother!!

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
Quote from: ninereasons
Been chewing since the military in 1977. That's long enough and hopefully I beat the devil. I quit a can a day habit at 1:31 pm on Thursday 7/28/2011. I am glad to have found this site. My mind and body been doing some real strange shit. I am done with the control that the can had over me. Gonna be a ride.
Welcome! Congratulations on making it for more than four days. You're a tough sob.

I'm one of several 30-plussers. Like the rest of them, and probably like you, I've "quit" many times. What will make this time different?

Far more than half the people who started out with me are gone and presumably dipping again. What makes you different?

The people I see winning post roll every day. They listen to advice from the old-timers. They try to help the newcomers. They never accept an excuse to cave from themselves or from anyone else. All of this makes the difference you're looking for.

They also seem to engage in a lot of homo-erotic humor. Hopefully for my sake, that's not an essential ingredient of the winning formula.
I guess what makes this time different is I want to quit, not I should. I have been known to be somewhat of a control freak over my 54 years of life. I have battled with the thought for years now that I am not in control anymore with the dip addiction. I won't allow it to control me anymore.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Like me, you're addicted to nicotine and it will screw with your body if you deprive it of "one more" fix. Of course, that "just one" is never enough. There is a list of symptoms of quitting somewhere on this site. I read that you posted roll today, so your mission now needs to be reading all you can on this site. It sounds like you have come to the realization that you've been letting a can of chopped up weeds control your life and you have made the DECISION not to be a slave anymore.

Get mad about how addictive the tobacco companies have intentionally made this product to keep you feeding at their trough.

Yell if you need anything. Or want to give me some homo-erotic humor I can post for NINE^^^^^^.

Offline TommyNY

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
You can do it!!!!

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Sorry bro!!! I meant November and I didn't see your post because you posted in the support area at the bottom. I dipped that crap and/ or smoked as long as you did and am proud to almost 3 years quit! You can DO this one day at a time!!! Do WHATEVER it takes to get free from that crap. Life is BETTER without it even though you are probably having a hard time seeing it about now. It gets better WAY Bettter!!! PM me if you need help or a phone number.

Offline 34andone

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Quote from: ninereasons
Been chewing since the military in 1977. That's long enough and hopefully I beat the devil. I quit a can a day habit at 1:31 pm on Thursday 7/28/2011. I am glad to have found this site. My mind and body been doing some real strange shit. I am done with the control that the can had over me. Gonna be a ride.
Welcome! Congratulations on making it for more than four days. You're a tough sob.

I'm one of several 30-plussers. Like the rest of them, and probably like you, I've "quit" many times. What will make this time different?

Far more than half the people who started out with me are gone and presumably dipping again. What makes you different?

The people I see winning post roll every day. They listen to advice from the old-timers. They try to help the newcomers. They never accept an excuse to cave from themselves or from anyone else. All of this makes the difference you're looking for.

They also seem to engage in a lot of homo-erotic humor. Hopefully for my sake, that's not an essential ingredient of the winning formula.
I guess what makes this time different is I want to quit, not I should. I have been known to be somewhat of a control freak over my 54 years of life. I have battled with the thought for years now that I am not in control anymore with the dip addiction. I won't allow it to control me anymore.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Offline 34andone

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »
Don't see your roll post today in October 2011 Today! Are you still done??????
Still done Brother! I roll posted in November HOF. I aint going back. Still in the battle of my life right now, but like ninereasons, I have quit many times and only cheated myself. This aint a fucking game anymore. It's real and I am a Quitter!!
Thanks for your support!

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Don't see your roll post today in October 2011 Today! Are you still done??????

Offline chunkles

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 02:20:00 AM »
Good going 34andone!

Proud to be quit with you!

Offline 34andone

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the inspiration brother's of quit! See you tomorrow!

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
it doesn't matter how long that little can has controlled you... All that is important is that you recognize who has the control now! Welcome to the Suck. You made it past the 3 days, the nicotine is out of your body, everything now is just a mind game. Let the healing begin! You will feeel foggy, that is from all the oxygen rich blood actually circulating through your system probably first time in 34 years.

Drink lots of water, keep something sweet in your mouth(no matter what his name is) Just remember, you can do anything for just one day. Then repeat!
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
Welcome 34, and congratulations on your quit. I am a nicotine addict that used for over 30 years. You can do this. If you follow this program, I guarantee you a 100% chance of success. The program goes like this:

1. Post Roll as the first thing in your day. This is not a status, it is a promise to all of us that you will not use nicotine just for today

2. Honor that promise

3. Wake up tomorrow and repeat.

There is no try, hope, wish here at ktc. Here there is only DO. We do quit one day at a time, just like any other addict. We don't allow ourselves any other choice. You are now quit. Time to take back control.

Glad to be quit with you,

Offline 34andone

• Quitter
34 Years and Done
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »