Author Topic: New guy day 8  (Read 3504 times)

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-26-2011
  • Interests: Family,Fishing, hunting
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: New guy day 8
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 10:57:34 AM »
Day 27 still getting headaches and not sleeping much more than 3 hours at a time. Mouth is starting to feel better aswell as my throat. Still get the random pains throughout my jaw teeth and throat but I'm pretty sure it's the cope fiend wanting to be fed.
Try some over the counter sleep aids.  Did wonders for me during my first 2 weeks
"DADDY, PLEASE DON'T GO"---- Kenzi Kern
Quit: 5-26-11
HOF: 9-2-11
Today and I'll bet tomorrow too
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »
Day 27 still getting headaches and not sleeping much more than 3 hours at a time. Mouth is starting to feel better aswell as my throat. Still get the random pains throughout my jaw teeth and throat but I'm pretty sure it's the cope fiend wanting to be fed.

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 09:55:46 PM »
Ok that went way. Better than my Google feed brain thought it was going to. ( for the love of God everyone stay off dr. Google).  I told my dentist my fears about every bump and nick in my mouth being cancer, that I have been quit for 19 days, she looked my over from every angle and told me she couldn't even tell were I held my chew.
I chewed a tin a day for 11 years and I thought it was obvious but i guess it wasn't as bad as i thought.
Most of my pain now i attribute to the rotten teeth and the quit. What a load off the mind and i will never go back to the tin

Dental advice:  Brush your teeth twice/day, when you get up and before you go to bed.  Floss your teeth before you go to bed.  Been doing this for 30+ years (along with when I dipped) and still have my natural teeth and they are in good shape.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 05:06:02 PM »
Ok that went way. Better than my Google feed brain thought it was going to. ( for the love of God everyone stay off dr. Google).  I told my dentist my fears about every bump and nick in my mouth being cancer, that I have been quit for 19 days, she looked my over from every angle and told me she couldn't even tell were I held my chew.
I chewed a tin a day for 11 years and I thought it was obvious but i guess it wasn't as bad as i thought.
Most of my pain now i attribute to the rotten teeth and the quit. What a load off the mind and i will never go back to the tin

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »
I did the same thing!  I would abstain for 24 hours (as if to hide the evidence?!!) and then have a swollen lipper in on the way home. Oh for shame!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »
Ok everyone I'm off to the dentist. Bit nervous about it but gona get through. Will post an update when I'm done

Good luck man!

I used to always make my dentist appointments first thing in the morning so I wouldn't have dipped before the exam.  Couldn't wait to finish and get to the car to throw one in.  The things we did to ourselves...

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:20 PM »
Ok everyone I'm off to the dentist. Bit nervous about it but gona get through. Will post an update when I'm done

Good luck man!
Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 02:40:40 PM »

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 02:39:37 PM »
Thank you everyone who has pm me and given advice. Its made a world of difference in my quit
Hang in there and dont lose sight on the prize. Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 01:57:06 PM »
Thank you everyone who has pm me and given advice. Its made a world of difference in my quit

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 01:45:29 PM »
Day 13 going fairly well. Went to the doctor and he took a good long look at my mouth and throat. Told me he didn't see anything cancerous looking which has really helped the anxiety.

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 08:30:33 PM »
day 11, my anxiety is through the roof, i have a soar throat and my jaw hurts abit. which could be from the 10 cavities i have on my teeth, the quit(im hoping), or the big c, doc didnt see anything 2 days before i quit in the er room other than a red throat, but it stilll races through my mind almost every second of the day.
i know i sound whiny and you guys have been through worse than i have. just feeling allitle down at the moment

I had the almost the EXACT same things happen after I quit. I had a terrible sore throat, a lot of sores and jaw pain after I quit. I found that I was grinding my teeth more in my sleep after I quit because the anxiety was so bad. I thought about the big C a lot. It's all normal. You did a ton of damage over the years and it will take a little while to heal up. Just remember that going back to it will make it worse and NOT better. I'm sending you my digits. Do not hesitate to txt or call, man!
Oh, and I forgot....I did a lot of breathing exercises and relaxation exercises using the HeadSpace app on Google play. It's also on the Apple App store. It really helps to recenter your mind and get everything in perspective again after quitting. You CAN do this. 
Humbled.

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 08:28:40 PM »
day 11, my anxiety is through the roof, i have a soar throat and my jaw hurts abit. which could be from the 10 cavities i have on my teeth, the quit(im hoping), or the big c, doc didnt see anything 2 days before i quit in the er room other than a red throat, but it stilll races through my mind almost every second of the day.
i know i sound whiny and you guys have been through worse than i have. just feeling allitle down at the moment

I had the almost the EXACT same things happen after I quit. I had a terrible sore throat, a lot of sores and jaw pain after I quit. I found that I was grinding my teeth more in my sleep after I quit because the anxiety was so bad. I thought about the big C a lot. It's all normal. You did a ton of damage over the years and it will take a little while to heal up. Just remember that going back to it will make it worse and NOT better. I'm sending you my digits. Do not hesitate to txt or call, man!
Humbled.

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »

Hang in there dude; every day gets a little better.  Don’t let the unknown drown you.  Focus on the quit ODAAT; if the doc didn’t see anything, then don’t worry about what ifs.  Just keep posting roll and making it through the day.  My number is available if you want it bro.

Ruthless
Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »