Author Topic: I quit again  (Read 53872 times)

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 136
Re: I quit again
« Reply #460 on: November 20, 2023, 07:00:25 AM »
Day 162. Feeling pretty flat and emotionless. No joy in anything. It’s my angry brain punishing me because it wants nicotine. Life is boring without it but that’s okay because nicotine is behind me. I promise not to dip today.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4379
« Reply #459 on: November 19, 2023, 10:53:46 AM »
"...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own..."
One Day At A Time brother.
Truer words were never spoken.
Quitting with you today
Day 161. Some depression and anxiety but less than yesterday.
161 days ago I said fuck this filthy habit. I’m 58 years old and adding up all my dipping years I realize that I have been dipping nearly half my life. And for what? Missing out on family time so I can ninja dip? Telling my hot sexy wife that I’m to tired for sex so I can sneak off to dip instead? Passing up fishing trips with relatives because I ninja dip and wouldn’t be able to dip because we are in the same fishing boat? That’s some really fucked up behavior. That’s just a few of many many reasons I QUIT dipping. Fuck that shit. I quit one day at a time with all of you. I promise myself that I will not dip today.
Im going outside to enjoy the cold sunny day today.
Worktowin 3,983. Love the anger bro. I’m quit with you.
Keith0617 1872 ODAAT with all of you
MN/2,765 - lots of great stuff in here the last 24 hours. Damn proud to be quit with you all!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2333
« Reply #458 on: November 19, 2023, 10:44:57 AM »
"...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own..."
Quitting with you today
161 days ago I said fuck this filthy habit. I’m 58 years old and adding up all my dipping years I realize that I have been dipping nearly half my life. And for what? Missing out on family time so I can ninja dip? Telling my hot sexy wife that I’m to tired for sex so I can sneak off to dip instead? Passing up fishing trips with relatives because I ninja dip and wouldn’t be able to dip because we are in the same fishing boat? That’s some really fucked up behavior. That’s just a few of many many reasons I QUIT dipping. Fuck that shit. I quit one day at a time with all of you. I promise myself that I will not dip today.
Keith0617 1872 ODAAT with all of you
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #457 on: November 19, 2023, 10:41:39 AM »
Quitting with you today

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #456 on: November 19, 2023, 08:50:20 AM »
Quitting with you today

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1655
« Reply #455 on: November 19, 2023, 06:45:59 AM »
Quitting with you today
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #454 on: November 18, 2023, 04:01:54 PM »
Worktowin 3,982. Good morning from Minneapolis today. It’s cold up here.
@worktowin how long you in town?!

MN/2,764 with Steve and everyone TODAY
Day 160. Depression
It’s colder up here.
I promise not to dip today.
No.
AJ did not go pick up a can.

That won't happen. Ever.
Once free from the clutches of that garbage, I could finally see just how thoroughly it was ruining my life. It was a realization that shocked me to my core. It was a fundamental shift. I know we preach "One day at a time" here but THAT realization and THIS place, cured me of my need of it AND destroyed any false romantic notion of how it made me or my life better. Am I still an addict? Yep. Always will be. Once opened, that door never closes but... I walked away from that door and will forever keep walking away from it. That's a choice I will make until I die.

I used to be a little scared of the addiction. I think that's probably normal for most. We KNOW what kind of hold that garbage had on us. It's logical to hold a healthy fear of it at that point. Fear like that does its job and keeps us running from it.
BUT... ultimately that means it still has some hold on you.
Freedom, real freedom, is when you know that YOU have ALL the power. All of it. That fear? Gone. Useless. Pointless. We win. Period.
You leave that addiction beat to hell and bleeding in a pulp behind its door that it can't crawl out of anymore and... you just keep walking.

You, my man, are fighting like an absolute beast. It's heartbreaking. It's inspiring.
This is just words on a page of some rando forum from some rando dude but... you've already won, man. You have. Whatever you're holding onto or whatever still has a hold on you? I can't say, but THE REALITY is that... YOU win. You.

AJ... 3,868
This literally sent chills down my spine. Shane, you are the man.
Took a little ride up to da hunting shack to kill time. Depression is moderate but now anxiety is creeping up. Usually does this time of the day and drops from now til bedtime. What an emotional roller coaster. You all have a good evening.
This too shall pass.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #453 on: November 18, 2023, 11:49:57 AM »

Day 160. Depression
It’s colder up here.
No.

That won't happen. Ever.
Once free from the clutches of that garbage, I could finally see just how thoroughly it was ruining my life. It was a realization that shocked me to my core. It was a fundamental shift. I know we preach "One day at a time" here but THAT realization and THIS place, cured me of my need of it AND destroyed any false romantic notion of how it made me or my life better. Am I still an addict? Yep. Always will be. Once opened, that door never closes but... I walked away from that door and will forever keep walking away from it. That's a choice I will make until I die.

I used to be a little scared of the addiction. I think that's probably normal for most. We KNOW what kind of hold that garbage had on us. It's logical to hold a healthy fear of it at that point. Fear like that does its job and keeps us running from it.
Freedom, real freedom, is when you know that YOU have ALL the power. All of it. That fear? Gone. Useless. Pointless. We win. Period.
You leave that addiction beat to hell and bleeding in a pulp behind its door that it can't crawl out of anymore and... you just keep walking.

You, my man, are fighting like an absolute beast. It's heartbreaking. It's inspiring.
This is just words on a page of some rando forum from some rando dude but... you've already won, man. You have. Whatever you're holding onto or whatever still has a hold on you? I can't say, but THE REALITY is that... YOU win. You.

AJ... 3,868
This literally sent chills down my spine. Shane, you are the man.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #452 on: November 18, 2023, 10:55:41 AM »

Day 160. Depression
It’s colder up here.
No.

That won't happen. Ever.

AJ... 3,868
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #451 on: November 18, 2023, 10:32:01 AM »

Leave tomorrow. Quick trip up. News is talking about how warm it is and I’m freezing!!

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #450 on: November 18, 2023, 10:10:24 AM »

Day 160. Depression
It’s colder up here.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4379
« Reply #449 on: November 18, 2023, 10:02:25 AM »

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2333
« Reply #448 on: November 18, 2023, 09:44:27 AM »
Keith0617 1871 ODAAT
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #447 on: November 18, 2023, 08:18:40 AM »

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2023, 03:26:04 PM »
Day 159. Anxiety still prevails.
Keith0617 1870 ODAAT.   You prevail, not anxiety. You are in control and nothing else. Find something to put a smi;e on your face and live there for today.
MN/2,763 - Friday quit with you.
worktowin 3,981.  Hey Steve, we are all part of individual quit groups, which are like a "quit family".  This site transferred to Discord in 2021, My group is April 2013.  If  you'd like to Join mine, or Keiths, or Engineer's quit group.... we'd love to see you post with us every day.  Today, I quit with you bro.
Thanks for the idea but I’m just going to stay here. I consider you guys my quit family. Although AJ had been missing lately. I hope he didn’t go out and pick up a can.
Well unfortunately today was a really bad one. My anxiety was through the roof. Almost had a panic attack but I was able to breathe through it and it settled down but I’m so shell shocked from all the anxiety and fear. It’s been almost 2 weeks since I had a ok day and there is no end in sight. This wave is bad. Maybe this is my brain’s final push. Probably wishful thinking but it’s all I have. This sucks. Life is on hold. There is an old saying from my benzo withdrawls.  Fake it til you make it.
At least I get a nightly reprieve most nights after dark. See you all here tomorrow.