Author Topic: You should throw away your tobacco  (Read 519 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: You should throw away your tobacco
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »
Yummy, I'm not man enough to quit but I can eat that disgusting shit off the ground, truly shows what controls you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »
Enter the bad cop. Are you still quit?

I am 547 days quit. Before I was just like you digging to the garbage for thrown away cans, hiding it from my wife, reusing old pouches, using nicorete gum and cope. You are an addict. A sad one.

I post here every day because I have to, I cannot afford to fail myself, my wife and kids.

I hope today you can look your son in the eye and tell him that you aren't a liar and that you care about chew more than him.

Maybe read this as well: http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures ... rns-story/

I will email this you as well.
Idaho Spuds

Offline Leon

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-10-07
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 07:23:00 AM »
Quote from: cope30
Welcome to the brotherhood! It is going to be a long crazy ride but all of us in the BROTHERHOOD are behind you 100%.
Make that promise to not pick that can up ever again, you will want to, but don't give in to the Nic Bitch. She will whisper sweet nothings in your ear to get you to re-commit to her, I now she is sexy to look, she is a 10 right now, but like the saying goes, I went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up at 10 with a 2. That's what she will look like after some time a 2, then she will just disgust you to look at her. Hang in there we are all here for you!
In my eyes, the above quote is the most accurate description of our relationship with the Nic Bitch. 130 days ago she looked like Scarlett Johansson, now shes looks like a $2 hooker. Quit on. Post roll Every Damn Day (EDD). I know from experience that if you use this site the way it is intended to be used, it will work for you. I personally have had my quit saved by a brother when I was about to cave. If I didn't reach out to get help when I was about to cave, I would have been posting day 1 all over again. Exchange digits with your brothers and don't be afraid to use them if you need to.

I quit with you!

Leon
My introduction

HOF - 1/14/2016
200 - 4/23/2016
300 - 8/1/2016

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - George S. Patton

Offline Leon

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-10-07
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 07:23:00 AM »
Poof
My introduction

HOF - 1/14/2016
200 - 4/23/2016
300 - 8/1/2016

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - George S. Patton

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 04:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Jason, dumped on the ground and retrieved the same night! That's a common thing and the reason we advise against trophy cans. Also why we advise a flush of your tins down the toilet.

You are 10 days past all that and getting into the fog and mind games part of freeing yourself from nicotine. This is where you need more experienced help than your son can give you.

Head over to the May 2016 quit group* and post roll -- your daily promise to use no nicotine for 24 hours. Let your son know you are doing so, he can remind you every morning to make that day's promise. Get to know the quitters there, exchange digits, ask questions. It takes time to heal from a 17 year addiction to poison.

I'm at 272 days quit after 35 years of dip. It gets much better, but is a bumpy ride getting there.

* May because you will get to 100 days then. Also don't mind the comment storms, quit can be crazy in the early days -- like using a flash lite to gather one last dip from the dirt kind of crazy -- use it as a distraction or dive in and vent. Do what works for your quit.
Quitting is hard man. Quitting as a team is so much better. Mentally it is easy to give up on yourself. Giving up on a team... Not so easy.

The advice you've been given is good. Join us brother. Post roll.

By the way, you've got a great kid. That text was bad ass.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:29:00 PM »
Jason, dumped on the ground and retrieved the same night! That's a common thing and the reason we advise against trophy cans. Also why we advise a flush of your tins down the toilet.

You are 10 days past all that and getting into the fog and mind games part of freeing yourself from nicotine. This is where you need more experienced help than your son can give you.

Head over to the May 2016 quit group* and post roll -- your daily promise to use no nicotine for 24 hours. Let your son know you are doing so, he can remind you every morning to make that day's promise. Get to know the quitters there, exchange digits, ask questions. It takes time to heal from a 17 year addiction to poison.

I'm at 272 days quit after 35 years of dip. It gets much better, but is a bumpy ride getting there.

* May because you will get to 100 days then. Also don't mind the comment storms, quit can be crazy in the early days -- like using a flash lite to gather one last dip from the dirt kind of crazy -- use it as a distraction or dive in and vent. Do what works for your quit.

Offline trentwalker

• Quit Date: 2016-02-01
You should throw away your tobacco
« on: February 11, 2016, 05:12:00 PM »
My name is Jason and I started dipping around 1999. Over the years, it got to a point where I had a dip in every minute of the day, except for when I was sleeping or eating. On January 27, 2016, I got a random text from my 12 year old son. The text simply said "You should throw away your tobacco". I asked him what made him say that and he replied "It's not healthy and I worry about you". This was a huge wake up call for me. I knew for years that I had to quit, but never really made an effort to try. I decided right then and there that I would quit. I recalled hearing that it's a good idea to pick a quit date in the future and mentally prepare yourself, so I chose February 1, 2016. On the night before the 1st, I opened up my last can of dip and threw it over the fence. About an hour later, I found myself with a flashlight, hunting for where I threw it...it was mixed in with some mud, so I carefully got a pinch and popped it in my mouth. A few minutes later, I thought to myself "what the hell are you doing?" and then spit it out and covered the dip pile up with some dirt.

February 1st came and I was actually feeling pretty excited. I enjoy things that are challenging and knew that this would be very difficult, but would be well worth it. I didn't experience any physical/psychological effects until around day 5. I had a super hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. I also became very agitated at the smallest things and was pretty anxious. One night, I was lying in bed, tossing and turning, trying to fall asleep, when I decided to go online and see if insomnia/moodiness were signs of quitting. Sure enough, the first result was this site and I must have spent a good 2 hours educating myself and reading other members experiences.

As of right now, I am 10 days in and am so very thankful for that text from my son...it might have saved my life.

Jason