Author Topic: "Thumb Sucker"  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
Re: "Thumb Sucker"
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »
Time to man up Joe and take this Quit seriously. You can do this but you've got to give it 100%. Answer the 3 questions in July 17 and your old group, to let the new Quitters learn from your mistakes and clarify in your mind where you went wrong last time and what you need to do different. Post role early and every day, stay involved in the forum and get to know your fellow Quitters. If you're serious about this, this time, my digits are a PM away.

Mike day 345
July 16
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline jfitzy15

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
TMI

Offline jfitzy15

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
Day 11 and this is the clearest I have felt since I embarked on the march through hell. My bottom lip and gums are less itchy for a dip.

I have consumed less food today so I guess the stress level must be down. I still have not gone for a workout. Not going to be able to get there tonight, but plan to for Friday.

Will be sitting through a coaches meeting and watching others dip, I will stay quit.

"Fat, dumb, and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wermer 1979

Offline Moondawggy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitarist, Recording Gear, Xbox, hunting, fishing, boxing, BAMA football.
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Stay STRONG BROTHER. I'm quit with you!

Moonpie
Quit date : 1/20/12
HOF 4/28/12
HOF Speech

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
Quote from: jfitzy15
Day fucking 10, I can't beleive it. After caving on day 3 and coming back to get my ass kicked I can honestly say I feel much better.

I have been eating a ton at night, but I figure I can always lose the weight. Just can't lose the urge to have something in my mouth. My wife is lucky it has not been her titties, they would be so chapped by now. I joke, but she has been great through my quit. I sent her the link from the site that would let her know what I and intern she and the kids might be in for. Verry helpful.

I want to and need to start working out as part of my life change without the bitch. She has been a huge part of my nightly ritual that I must replace her with something. That something is going to be working out. I will sweat every last bit of the nic bitch from my system.

Thanks to the bro's who chewed my ass out, held me accountable, and challenged me to keep my word. I will not let you down TODAY!
You got this...TODAY is the key. Today you made me proud. Now, do the same thing tomorrow.
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline jfitzy15

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
Day fucking 10, I can't beleive it. After caving on day 3 and coming back to get my ass kicked I can honestly say I feel much better.

I have been eating a ton at night, but I figure I can always lose the weight. Just can't lose the urge to have something in my mouth. My wife is lucky it has not been her titties, they would be so chapped by now. I joke, but she has been great through my quit. I sent her the link from the site that would let her know what I and intern she and the kids might be in for. Verry helpful.

I want to and need to start working out as part of my life change without the bitch. She has been a huge part of my nightly ritual that I must replace her with something. That something is going to be working out. I will sweat every last bit of the nic bitch from my system.

Thanks to the bro's who chewed my ass out, held me accountable, and challenged me to keep my word. I will not let you down TODAY!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
Damn straight. That's what this site is for. The craves will continue, you know that. The key is making a plan now to deal with them. I actually wrote mine down on a post-it at my computer.

For me, the Kern Family story was very helpful. I don't know his poor family and I didn't know him. But their story may have saved my life. Cancer pics didn't really phase me much, but I looked at those too. I mainly just thought of my kids and the pain that I refused to inflict on those I love best...my wife and kids.

After taking a few minutes to think those things through, the crave would have lifted...for a little while...

Coming to this site helps my quit, too...kind of a "giving back" kind of thing. I'm at Day 487. Hardly ever get craves now, and the ones I get are very manageable. No way I'm going to throw away almost 500 days...no fucking way.

I love my freedom. Even when i was in the fog, even when it sucked the most, I welcomed the pain. I embraced the suck because I was earning my freedom.

Offline PhillipMarlowe

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: Cornholio
I feel like a little bitch thumb sucker that can't find his mommy's nipple.  When the fuck are you going to grow up, take responsibility, and man up!  Today!  Today, I will be the man my wife married, my kids call Dad, and the other kids call coach.  Today I say fuck you to anything (dip) that holds me down.  Today is the 3rd day of the rest of my life!  Today, I will embrace the suck only to crush it.
That's Fuckin A right. We've been fucking pathetic. How stupid are we lying, wasting time and money, all for some black cancer shit? All for something that makes us look like douche bags. We're willing to kill ourselves slowly to let some psychopathic addiction take control of our lives. FUCK THAT. THIS IS YOUR LIFE. Don't waste another minute wishing you could put that shit in your face!
Damn straight Cornho.

THIS IS YOUR LIFE. I dig that. That's the kind of thing you fight for.
damn, that mantra gives me a super chub. It has lasted an hour and if lasts more than 4 I may need to call Gmann
thank you guys. This just got me over a crave and will help me power through the rest of Day 1.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
This bad ass gets it. Picking your wife and kids over the spending time with the Nic Bitch...GREAT CHOICE!

Keep the fire, stay strong, stay quit. The minute you start feeling sorry for yourself is the minute you let your guard down. Not on my fucking watch.

Well done, sir!

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman
I feel like a little bitch thumb sucker that can't find his mommy's nipple.  When the fuck are you going to grow up, take responsibility, and man up!  Today!  Today, I will be the man my wife married, my kids call Dad, and the other kids call coach.  Today I say fuck you to anything (dip) that holds me down.  Today is the 3rd day of the rest of my life!  Today, I will embrace the suck only to crush it.
That's Fuckin A right. We've been fucking pathetic. How stupid are we lying, wasting time and money, all for some black cancer shit? All for something that makes us look like douche bags. We're willing to kill ourselves slowly to let some psychopathic addiction take control of our lives. FUCK THAT. THIS IS YOUR LIFE. Don't waste another minute wishing you could put that shit in your face!
Damn straight Cornho.

damn, that mantra gives me a super chub. It has lasted an hour and if lasts more than 4 I may need to call Gmann

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
Damn straight Cornho.

Offline Cornholio

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: "I am still growing too with all areas of life as I feel when we stop that is when we go 6 feet under. So each day I look to learn something or apply something I have learned in the past as we have reached today based on all of our decisions in that past. They made us who we are now, but do not define who we will be tomorrow, as that definition starts now." ~ SirDerek"KTC is a circle the wagons situation and you need to be inside the circle busting ass to keep the circle tight! Anyone running from the circle does so at their own peril..." ~ Jason (JDM)
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 01:08:00 AM »
I feel like a little bitch thumb sucker that can't find his mommy's nipple. When the fuck are you going to grow up, take responsibility, and man up! Today! Today, I will be the man my wife married, my kids call Dad, and the other kids call coach. Today I say fuck you to anything (dip) that holds me down. Today is the 3rd day of the rest of my life! Today, I will embrace the suck only to crush it.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »
Welcome.

I see you have posted roll. Today I posted the 175th day that nicotine has NOT controlled me in over 21 years. If I can do it, you can do it.

It gets so much easier, I can guarantee you that. Freedom, my friend, freedom. How bad do you want it? If you do...I mean if you REALLY do, please embrace this place. I have a feeling you may get it. I hope I'm right.

Shout if you need anything.

Offline Mr Nice Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
get er done

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Quote from: PMac
jfitzy - the best thing is...you're going to be a BETTER man than your wife married. You're always going to be an addict, but you're no longer going to be an addict that continues to use. Your wife married a slave. You're about to be unchained. You're going to be the guy that conquered the douche bag within and became the quit monster that could overcome everything about the nicotine bitch.

If you're here and if you're serious I have total faith in you. PM me and I'll give you my cell number and you can call or text at any time. I'll text you my personal pledge daily that I'll give you my word if you'll give me yours. Whatever it takes. Just stay quit.

Your attitude will go a long way in determining the ultimate success of your quit. Keep a good attitude. You'll have lots of reasons to be down, just try to remember that the most important reason to stay up is to protect your quit and stay quit.

I quit with you today and I've got your back tomorrow.

PMac
Good stuff.