Author Topic: Young newcomer here  (Read 507 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Young newcomer here
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »
Why do this alone?

Join your group, post roll, and win.

You are doing great man. But this is hard. Being young makes it harder. Posting roll works

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Wreckem
My body literally hates me right now. I start my second semester of college in the morning and I know it's going to be HELL trying to study. I'd love any bodies input or words of wisdom. Time to better my life!
Yea you'll hate yourself a lot more if you don't follow through with this quit. Advice from this old fart is; post roll early everyday and keep your word. If you don't you may end up in your 50's and wonder where the hell the time went and be disgusted at the tens of thousands of dollars you've wasted.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline stieramus

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
First off I just want to say I'm thankful that I finally found somewhere where I can go to and help better myself. My name is Justin and I'm 20 years old. I've been dipping since I was 14 years old and I've decided that's it's beyond time to kick this terrible habit of mine. I've tried 3 different times and failed. Miserably. Today was my first day without a pinch. My body literally hates me right now. I start my second semester of college in the morning and I know it's going to be HELL trying to study. I'd love any bodies input or words of wisdom. Time to better my life!
Great decision Justin, I wish I had made that call at your age. Realizing how much I missed or didn't notice because I was focused on a dip makes me wish I had made my decision so much earlier; hell we all know its bad for us, why do we "hold on to it" so long??

As mentioned get over to the April 2016 quit group. Post up your promise early to let those guys know you're in it with them. Get to know those in your group. If you're in a situation you don't know if you can handle reach out to one of them; This means you'll have to swap digits, you may not ever need to use them but if you need to you better be sure to have them.

This site is about being accountable; being accountable to yourself, your group and your promise. All we have is our word here. Things may seem hard, quitting may seem impossible but I assure you it can be done. Take everything one day at a time (ODAAT) don't worry about tomorrow, next week, or next month.

Best of luck kicking your addiction (we are all addicts, own it and it'll give you some real perspective on what a tough task you are accomplishing by quitting)
Quitting for life, ODAAT.

Quit 8/9/15
HOF - 11/16/15
2nd floor- 2/24/16
3rd floor- 6/3/16

Still quit 1,480 days (as of today 8/27/19) and counting

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-12
  • Interests: Rifle and pistol
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: copingwithoutcopen
Welcome Justin,

I don't mean to sound succinct but nobody's interested in you bettering yourself. We're here to quit. Everything else is a byproduct.

You're an addict like the rest of us. This place has found a way to help thousands of folks, young and old, just like you, deal with nicotine addiction.

All you need is an internet connection or phone and a willingness to overcome daily.

You in?

Helping him quit would be the same thing as helping him better himself.
"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »
Welcome Justin,

I don't mean to sound succinct but nobody's interested in you bettering yourself. We're here to quit. Everything else is a byproduct.

You're an addict like the rest of us. This place has found a way to help thousands of folks, young and old, just like you, deal with nicotine addiction.

All you need is an internet connection or phone and a willingness to overcome daily.

You in?

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
First off I just want to say I'm thankful that I finally found somewhere where I can go to and help better myself. My name is Justin and I'm 20 years old. I've been dipping since I was 14 years old and I've decided that's it's beyond time to kick this terrible habit of mine. I've tried 3 different times and failed. Miserably. Today was my first day without a pinch. My body literally hates me right now. I start my second semester of college in the morning and I know it's going to be HELL trying to study. I'd love any bodies input or words of wisdom. Time to better my life!
First, great decision so young! Realize you failed before in part because nicotine is an addiction -- not a habit.

Find a quit group (April 2016), post roll and get to know those quitters . Lots of young guys in here who combine quit and college -- you can do this.

Drink lots of water, exercise, read this site. Be careful around alcohol.

Three days to wash the nicotine out of your system, then the mind games kick in. It does get better though.

Offline Wreckem

• Quit Date: 2016-01-18
Young newcomer here
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:31:00 AM »