Author Topic: "It's about damn time"  (Read 594 times)

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
Re: "It's about damn time"
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Congrats on Day 100 Dan!!

Proud to quit with you.

Now the Quit Continues...
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Law1358

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, Sports
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »
DanMan..its awesome to have you man..Im here just a state below in the boot, and I would like you to go read my intro.. Your story sounds an awful like mine except i never made it 5 years on my own!!!Glad to have you aboard

Offline Airborne

• Quitter
    • https:
  • Interests: Wife, dogs, and hunting.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »
Had a similar experience... Stopped using for a few years and fell hard. It will certainly sneak up on you and bite you in the ass if you let our guard down.
Those who can... "Do"
Those who can't "Do"... "Teach"
Those who can't "Teach"... "Administrate"

Offline Atown

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 03:35:00 AM »
Dieselchick.... my bad

Offline Atown

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 03:32:00 AM »
Diesel girl those links were magic , thank you. like big Time good shit!!!
Dan the Man, were on point Homey, I got your back you got mine.

Offline Dan-Man

• Hold my beer & watch me quit!
  • Quitter
  • Just whistlin' Dixie!!!
  • Quit Date: 1/9/2017
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, My Wife, My Kids, etc...
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
Hey dieselchick87, Thank You for the question, the point you are making,  the support. I'm quitting for ME. I'm being completely selfish. I want to be around to see my kids grow, meet my grandkids,  get old with my wife.

1ACI, shoot me those digits bro...I'll hold you accountable, if you'll do the same.
I am QUIT...by the grace & strength of God almighty, who gives me the determination to face this demon daily, I am QUIT.  I can not face this fight alone. So I am QUIT with those that hold me up and I hold up in return.  I am QUIT, because you are my iron.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Prov 27:17

Offline Atown

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »
I have a'lot in common with your story there Brother. I been with my wife about 2 years, when we met i was laid off and on a break from chew, I was hitting the gym, eating clean, barely drank, etc.. When i started back to work it was almost instant that I drank and chewed to deal with the pressure. She never has said anything to me, but damn, i feel like the last 2 years have taken 10 from me. Im in April with you , and "Its about damn time" is exactly how I feel as well. I am going to pm you my digits. Stay Strong

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC

1 Question:

1. who are you quitting for? your wife? or you? Quitting really only works if you are quitting for yourself. just food for thought

Just One Never Works and there is difference between a quitter and a stopper and yes we are addicts each and every last lowly one of us link arms with those in your group and listen to the vets and you will figure this site out in no time.

if you need anything send me a PM

topic/1006161/1/#new

Offline Dan-Man

• Hold my beer & watch me quit!
  • Quitter
  • Just whistlin' Dixie!!!
  • Quit Date: 1/9/2017
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, My Wife, My Kids, etc...
  • Likes Given: 1
"It's about damn time"
« on: January 10, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
I'm a 44 year old baseball playin', deer/duck/anything that moves huntin',  fishin' country-boy from Arkansas, that grew up around snuff.

One of my earliest memories was watching a guy from my neighborhood pack a can. I thought it was SO COOL the way he could "pop" it with his finger. It basically became a "right of passage" to learn how to do it. Then, don't get me started on how cool it was to have to "can ring" pocket...the country girls really dug it. During my day  time, dipping was as normal as breathing, and I couldn't have been much more than 10 when I took that first pinch. "It's just Hawkins, that ain't going to hurt anybody!"

Well, Hawkins lead to Skoal, which lead to Copenhagen, which lead to a cheaper Red Seal, which has lead to a never-ending cycle of pre-mature hair loss, tooth  gum decay, bad skin, etc. Then, 6 years ago, I got re-married  promised my wife I'd quit, and I did...until last summer. Over 5 years of being done with it...down the freaking tubes.

I've used the excuse of the fact that I've started coaching legion baseball, and I'm around it again as an excuse, but the truth is...I'm an addict, I'm weak,  it's completely my fault. What's bad thing is that I've thought that I've been able to hide it from my wife (I didn't want to face the shame). Then the other night she saw a Facebook post about a guy that had to have oral surgery caused by dipping, and she told me "I'd really like for you to quit dipping again".

The only one I've hid it from has been myself. I'm tired of lying to myself, I'm tired of putting it off, and "it's about damn time" for me to put this phase of my my life behind me for good. I know, from experience, that the next few weeks are going to suck (bad!). But unlike before, I've come across this site, and I'm excited about having some folks to help keep me accountable. I've joined the April 2017 HOF group  looking forward to helping others as they help me.

So...all of you veterans out there with 300, 400, 500 day counts...I encourage you to continue to keep your guards up, because all it takes is a little slip up, a little arrogance of thinking you have this thing whipped, and the next thing you know...you're right back at square 1.
I am QUIT...by the grace & strength of God almighty, who gives me the determination to face this demon daily, I am QUIT.  I can not face this fight alone. So I am QUIT with those that hold me up and I hold up in return.  I am QUIT, because you are my iron.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Prov 27:17