Author Topic: withdrawal symptoms  (Read 1725 times)

Offline kb81

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: withdrawal symptoms
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
Lance described it the best. Matter of fact, I was looking for a way to describe what a crave is and how I feel when I crave. It is that huge desire to stuff that shit in my face. It's almost like a blowjob when you've been away from the misses (this is of course assuming you are not a cheating asshole)...you just need to have it LOL. I decided to respond to this thread, because I've been dealing w/ the craves really bad today. I mean, today is almost like day fucking one for me. What the fuck is this shit? Oh well, I'm quit w/ you fuckers.
( . )( . )

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
Quote from: labmanlance
Ok when you all talk about craves, what exacly are you feeling. I mean as craves are you talking about how dizzy spells show up out of the middle of no where, or how you start getting chest pains that last for a few minutes at a time or how it feels like you have a hard time getting a full breath of air. Or the numbing tingeling feeling in your legs, well ya if these are crave I have been having these all day, mostly been dizzy with a nice headache all day with a few of the others from time to time, I think it is because I am watching football with out a big fat chew in my lip, not that I even want one, but I think my stupid brain does. I was just wondering what everyone else feels when they talk about craves.
A crave for me is non of that. What it is is a crazy overpowering desire to pack a wad of skoal longcut mint in my face. because, my still tangled neural pathways think this will make me be able work longer, work faster, enjoy the work i'm doing, mow better, multi-task better, think faster, yada yada yada... you know the drill.
but, it's all a mirage in the sand because scientists have studied this shit to the nTH degree and its all a lie. the nic bitch makes it harder on your mind and your body to do anything. and the more and the longer you "use" the drug the worse it gets. why else would some of our fellow quit brothers go through 2 / TWO yes that's 2 fucking cans of chew per day .....and some even smoke on top of that. at my worst i was on 1 to 1.5 cans per day right before i quit. unfucking believable when you think how absolutely fucking stupid this goddamn addiction really is.
Lance,
I agree with you. Developing a hatred for the habit and the fucks that make it, market it, sell it will help you in your quit.

When you realize they have known for years how addictive this shit is and just made it better, more addicetive to keep you hooked and feeding them money you will never give them another cent.

Keep fighting men..... it does get better.

Offline labmanlance

• Quitter
  • Interests: right now, my only interest is quitting the dip and getting my brain to stop thinking it can have just one more....
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
Ok when you all talk about craves, what exacly are you feeling. I mean as craves are you talking about how dizzy spells show up out of the middle of no where, or how you start getting chest pains that last for a few minutes at a time or how it feels like you have a hard time getting a full breath of air. Or the numbing tingeling feeling in your legs, well ya if these are crave I have been having these all day, mostly been dizzy with a nice headache all day with a few of the others from time to time, I think it is because I am watching football with out a big fat chew in my lip, not that I even want one, but I think my stupid brain does. I was just wondering what everyone else feels when they talk about craves.
A crave for me is non of that. What it is is a crazy overpowering desire to pack a wad of skoal longcut mint in my face. because, my still tangled neural pathways think this will make me be able work longer, work faster, enjoy the work i'm doing, mow better, multi-task better, think faster, yada yada yada... you know the drill.
but, it's all a mirage in the sand because scientists have studied this shit to the nTH degree and its all a lie. the nic bitch makes it harder on your mind and your body to do anything. and the more and the longer you "use" the drug the worse it gets. why else would some of our fellow quit brothers go through 2 / TWO yes that's 2 fucking cans of chew per day .....and some even smoke on top of that. at my worst i was on 1 to 1.5 cans per day right before i quit. unfucking believable when you think how absolutely fucking stupid this goddamn addiction really is.

Offline Cancrusher

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »
Hey, the shortness of breath (not being able to take a full breath) sounds like anxiety to me. Some people started dipping to deal with anxiety in the first place (Me). When I quit (110 days ago) I was quickly reminded of this. I had nasty panic attacks that landed me in the hospital. If this continues I recommend seeing your doc. Lexapro is the med I take. It is great because I experience literally no side effects and it is non-narcotic. Just fyi, because I thought all anxiety meds where like xannax and other addictive types.

Craves, to me, are those times in the day when I momentarily lose site of my Quit and consider, even if for just a second, the idea of putting a dip in. You will gain the tools necessary to smack these thoughts to the ground...that is, if you stick to your guns (This Site) and read, read, read.
My Day 1 | 5/19/2010

PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
Little did we know what we were getting ourselves into.

Just keep fighting the shit every day. It does get better... you WILL feel better !!

Offline BlahBlah

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
It's the compulsive reach for the can for me. Weirdest thing. Probably like an amputee feels about a missing limb (though obviously not the that awful degree). Certain shit triggers it...taking a shit, brushing my teeth, washing the dog...fuck certain shit? EVERYTHING triggers it right now. I am also having massive headaches and I am eating like a horse (and gaining weight). Day 3 is turning out to be a real motherfucker.

I ate so many doughnuts this morning I had a sugar high and a massive crash that lasted for hours afterward. Least the headache is gone. WTF? I wish I never started chewing.

Offline misterbeeds

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »

Offline gwtx2

• Interests: Sites they may help you in quitting:Anxiety/stress can cause a host of body symptomshttp://www.npadnews.com/anxiety-symptoms.aspLearn how to control anxiety/stress/panic attackshttp://www.brelaxed.co.uk/page7.htm#Rel ... 0breathing
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: gwtx2
Quote from: misterbeeds
Hello, I am new to the site as I just found it. I am 23 days into my life as a non-chewer. I used to go through at least 1 tin a day, some days would be closer to 2. This has been hell on earth as of late. I have been very dizzy, have had chest pains, get tingeling feelings in my legs and fingers, have a hard time getting a deep breath of air, and the worst headaches ever. I have had multipul panic attacks as my anxiety is off of the charts, I have lost 30 pounds  because the anxiety caused gastritis that made feel like I couldnt eat, I have been to the hospital a few time becuase of these symptoms and the Doctors all say the same thing that all of my test come back normal and I have anxiety. I have never been like this before so I figure it has to be withdrawal from nicotine. I was just wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms.
Sorry to hear you are having these anxiety problems. But you can control this. Most of the time, panic attacks are caused by shallow, irregular breathing. When you notice your anxiety (nervousness) level rising, check your breathing. If it is shallow and/or quick, take a deep breath and hold it for 4-5 seconds and let out slowly. Unfortunately, doctors don't tell you how to fix the problem, they just want to throw you a drug to mask the symptoms.

And you may have been prone to anxiety for years, and the nic pulled you through it. Now, you have to learn how to relax without nic.

Anxiety Symptoms can be a multitude of things, http://www.npadnews.com/anxiety-symptoms.asp

Read this entire website on how to control anxiety/stress, http://www.brelaxed.co.uk/page7.htm#Rel ... 0breathing
Great Post ! You are right that you have to learn to manage the symptoms. For me the biggest thing for me to do was to learn to control my "mind chatter" the negative thoughts, worrying about my health etc.

Find what actually triggers your anxiety and figure out ways to overcome it. You will be glad you did.
That is true. Negative thoughts (whatever they may be) can create internal stress which builds over time and eventual causes a health problem(s). When a negative thought comes on, replace it with something good. If this is hard to do, then look at what is causing the negative thoughts and fix that first (aka job, marriage, finance, etc.).

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Quote from: gwtx2
Hello, I am new to the site as I just found it. I am 23 days into my life as a non-chewer. I used to go through at least 1 tin a day, some days would be closer to 2. This has been hell on earth as of late. I have been very dizzy, have had chest pains, get tingeling feelings in my legs and fingers, have a hard time getting a deep breath of air, and the worst headaches ever. I have had multipul panic attacks as my anxiety is off of the charts, I have lost 30 pounds  because the anxiety caused gastritis that made feel like I couldnt eat, I have been to the hospital a few time becuase of these symptoms and the Doctors all say the same thing that all of my test come back normal and I have anxiety. I have never been like this before so I figure it has to be withdrawal from nicotine. I was just wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms.
Sorry to hear you are having these anxiety problems. But you can control this. Most of the time, panic attacks are caused by shallow, irregular breathing. When you notice your anxiety (nervousness) level rising, check your breathing. If it is shallow and/or quick, take a deep breath and hold it for 4-5 seconds and let out slowly. Unfortunately, doctors don't tell you how to fix the problem, they just want to throw you a drug to mask the symptoms.

And you may have been prone to anxiety for years, and the nic pulled you through it. Now, you have to learn how to relax without nic.

Anxiety Symptoms can be a multitude of things, http://www.npadnews.com/anxiety-symptoms.asp

Read this entire website on how to control anxiety/stress, http://www.brelaxed.co.uk/page7.htm#Rel ... 0breathing
Great Post ! You are right that you have to learn to manage the symptoms. For me the biggest thing for me to do was to learn to control my "mind chatter" the negative thoughts, worrying about my health etc.

Find what actually triggers your anxiety and figure out ways to overcome it. You will be glad you did.

Offline gwtx2

• Interests: Sites they may help you in quitting:Anxiety/stress can cause a host of body symptomshttp://www.npadnews.com/anxiety-symptoms.aspLearn how to control anxiety/stress/panic attackshttp://www.brelaxed.co.uk/page7.htm#Rel ... 0breathing
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
Hello, I am new to the site as I just found it. I am 23 days into my life as a non-chewer. I used to go through at least 1 tin a day, some days would be closer to 2. This has been hell on earth as of late. I have been very dizzy, have had chest pains, get tingeling feelings in my legs and fingers, have a hard time getting a deep breath of air, and the worst headaches ever. I have had multipul panic attacks as my anxiety is off of the charts, I have lost 30 pounds because the anxiety caused gastritis that made feel like I couldnt eat, I have been to the hospital a few time becuase of these symptoms and the Doctors all say the same thing that all of my test come back normal and I have anxiety. I have never been like this before so I figure it has to be withdrawal from nicotine. I was just wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms.

Offline vh5150

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
I guess everyone is different. My anxiety still gets to me. I was on medication for a while, but hated the side effects. I probably need to go see a doctor about alternatives.
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
Quote from: davenc
Quote from: iuchewie
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: Dr.
Greg5280 will be along shortly to give you his panic attack, errr I mean doctors chart....ummm story!!!!

Isn't great what nice little secrets that tiny can holds....

wish you never started???? reason enough never to go back!!!!!
just be careful when greg asks you to bend over....oh wait, thats greg40...you said greg5280.....carry on
This may shed some light on the discussion: http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp
Mister,
Yes many of us experience anxiety and panic attacks. As these guys have eluded to my anxiety was intense. I went to the ER two times convinced I was dying. I went to the doctor more times in my first 100 days of quitting than I did the prior 15 years.

I tried a number of different things to get me over the anxiety. I can tell you today that it is all good. I feel better than I ever have. Anxiety is gone !!

1. Work out. Getting your heart rate up kills craves and anxiety.
2. Meditate. You have to replace the bad thoughts you are having with good ones.
3. Tea. There are some teas out there designed to help with anxiety and they worked well for me.

Like Banner says... nice nasty little addiction we have. Keep posting your promise and keep that shit out of your face. It really does get better !!!
How long into your quit before your anxiety was gone completely? I've still been having nights where I'll wake up in the middle of the night trembling and feeling like I'm dying.
Probably somewhere around day 250 or so. I know the symptoms got to be less and less as the days went on. You just have to get your mind to shut off all the negative chatter. Exercise was huge for me...

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
Greg5280 will be along shortly to give you his panic attack, errr I mean doctors chart....ummm story!!!!

just be careful when greg asks you to bend over....oh wait, thats greg40...you said greg5280.....carry on
This may shed some light on the discussion: http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp
Mister,
Yes many of us experience anxiety and panic attacks. As these guys have eluded to my anxiety was intense. I went to the ER two times convinced I was dying. I went to the doctor more times in my first 100 days of quitting than I did the prior 15 years.

I tried a number of different things to get me over the anxiety. I can tell you today that it is all good. I feel better than I ever have. Anxiety is gone !!

2. Meditate. You have to replace the bad thoughts you are having with good ones.
3. Tea. There are some teas out there designed to help with anxiety and they worked well for me.

Like Banner says... nice nasty little addiction we have. Keep posting your promise and keep that shit out of your face. It really does get better !!!
How long into your quit before your anxiety was gone completely? I've still been having nights where I'll wake up in the middle of the night trembling and feeling like I'm dying.
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Mister,

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com