Author Topic: Youngish quitter  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Youngish quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Wow Binky, I'm not sure how you are alive with all of the stuff that is going on. I am an old fart, so I quit with you on the nicotine today, and just knock off the rest of that shit too. Except getting laid to the 18-25 y/o , nah make that 18-32 y/o chicks, damn how did I get to be almost 45? I digress, get your shit together, and I will quit nic with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Youngish quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
Hey y'all. Didn't think I really had much to say (lying to myself, I love to talk (especially in () lol)) so I put off my intro, but I realised this morning that I was being irrational. At any rate, that is certainly no way to enter the brotherhood. Anyways, I'm on day 5, and have posted roll for my August group twice consecutively now. I'm 22, underweight at 115 lbs from my metabolism/lifestyle and a true dipper of about 6 years, my first one came at 14 but I didn't start using it regularly until junior year in high school (graduated at 17.) I'm sick of having no energy when I'm supposed to have youthful vigor. Between a can and a pack a day, 4 energy drinks a day, not eating right, and the copious intake of thc, I couldn't hold a stable mood, had terrible sleeping habits, and was underperforming in almost every aspect of my life. This was my reasoning to quit, everyone around me smokes and I want to set the example and show them it's possible. But I also want to quit to be a better version of myself. I already have much higher energy and my mood hasn't been so bipolar except for the nic rage on night #3. I've stopped for months before in the past, but I fell victim to the 80 day funk, did the celebratory cigar smoke, pretty much all of the typical tricks I didn't know existed. This time is different because this time, I have all of you, and the knowledge of how She will try to get me back. Well, I'm 5 days free of the nic bitch (love the term,) 11 days free of the canned crack and ganja, broke from all the food I'm eating now, and feeling holistically better. The headaches and such don't really faze me, I constantly had them anyways. Only being in the fog sucks, but it really feels like the fog is lifting. Tbh, I feel like I was in the fog that whole time, and now I'm finally getting lucid again. I used to score top levels in school, but I didn't care to finish college cause I was too busy getting fucked up. I had some ulterior motives for starting my bad habits and should you get to know me a little better, I'm sure we will talk about it in the future. This is already lengthy by my intro standard. As there is not a section for the body, that will have to come out in pieces over many conversations, and I hope my conclusion is far, far away. May the 4th be with you.

Glad to be here,
The_Bink
Welcome Blink,

Congrats on day 5, that's a hell of an accomplishment. Sounds like you have multiple addictions, luckily handling addiction is what we do here. KTC has a quit group for caffeine and a general drug quit group, i suggest joining them as well as your August QG. I'm 22 as well so I feel that I might be able to relate to you better than some of these old farts, I used to live a lot like you (minus the weed), I've changed my lifestyle to be healthier, you can too.

My advice is the same to you as it is to everyone that comes here to KTC: Jump in head first and drink the Kool-Aid. This site will work if you want it to work, but you have to make the effort. Don't just come here and post roll every day, stick around, meet your fellow quitters, jump in live chat and chat it up with some bad ass quitters, read as much as you can, and most of all make meaningful connections with other quitters.

If you need a number send me a PM, I'm quitting like fuck with you today!

MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline The_Bink

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-30
  • Interests: World of Warcraft, Hockey, Xbox, Reading, Movies, Sex, the other good stuff in life... get to know me and I'm pretty open.
  • Likes Given: 0
Youngish quitter
« on: May 04, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Hey y'all. Didn't think I really had much to say (lying to myself, I love to talk (especially in () lol)) so I put off my intro, but I realised this morning that I was being irrational. At any rate, that is certainly no way to enter the brotherhood. Anyways, I'm on day 5, and have posted roll for my August group twice consecutively now. I'm 22, underweight at 115 lbs from my metabolism/lifestyle and a true dipper of about 6 years, my first one came at 14 but I didn't start using it regularly until junior year in high school (graduated at 17.) I'm sick of having no energy when I'm supposed to have youthful vigor. Between a can and a pack a day, 4 energy drinks a day, not eating right, and the copious intake of thc, I couldn't hold a stable mood, had terrible sleeping habits, and was underperforming in almost every aspect of my life. This was my reasoning to quit, everyone around me smokes and I want to set the example and show them it's possible. But I also want to quit to be a better version of myself. I already have much higher energy and my mood hasn't been so bipolar except for the nic rage on night #3. I've stopped for months before in the past, but I fell victim to the 80 day funk, did the celebratory cigar smoke, pretty much all of the typical tricks I didn't know existed. This time is different because this time, I have all of you, and the knowledge of how She will try to get me back. Well, I'm 5 days free of the nic bitch (love the term,) 11 days free of the canned crack and ganja, broke from all the food I'm eating now, and feeling holistically better. The headaches and such don't really faze me, I constantly had them anyways. Only being in the fog sucks, but it really feels like the fog is lifting. Tbh, I feel like I was in the fog that whole time, and now I'm finally getting lucid again. I used to score top levels in school, but I didn't care to finish college cause I was too busy getting fucked up. I had some ulterior motives for starting my bad habits and should you get to know me a little better, I'm sure we will talk about it in the future. This is already lengthy by my intro standard. As there is not a section for the body, that will have to come out in pieces over many conversations, and I hope my conclusion is far, far away. May the 4th be with you.

Glad to be here,
The_Bink
Quit Dates
Nicotine 4/30/14

Group - Triple A (Adamant Augustonian Abstainers) Brass Ballers