Author Topic: Worst Day and Night of my Life  (Read 922 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2042
Re: Worst Day and Night of my Life
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
TT , I can't wait for me to be at 1 year!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:00 AM »
Quote from: mb289
Hi TT, be strong and stay quit! It's hard, but anything this worthwhile is not going to be easy. Post roll and quit one day at a time. I'm 45 days quit, so I know what your going thru and I chewed for 33 years.

mb289
And now it's been an entire year!! Awesome job getting to this point!

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
Hi TT, be strong and stay quit! It's hard, but anything this worthwhile is not going to be easy. Post roll and quit one day at a time. I'm 45 days quit, so I know what your going thru and I chewed for 33 years.

mb289

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
You'll look back on these days as hard, but it is not the worst day/night of your life...don't confuse hard with a bad day. Look back 20 years ago and remember what made you a slave to nicotine...that was probably a nice day, low stress, easy, but you became an addict that day...that my friend is one of your worst days...as was my first day of becoming an addict...looking back...that is one of my worst days
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline DeskJockey

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Floors are every 100 days.

200 days = 2nd floor.

1,000 days = 10th floor and a comma in 1,000.

Remember this suffering time and stay strong. Post roll daily and get to know the guys you're quitting with. They will help you and you will help them. Every day you post roll many people see it and gain strength from it, as you will from everyone else.

It's going to be hard at first but anything worth doing it. It's worth it!

Best wishes,

DeskJockey - Day 332

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
Quote from: TThomas
Thank you for the support. Good catch there on that "if"...never meant for it that way. I will never feel this way again! I figured out the role call, just did it a bit backwards, but I know how to do it right for tomorrow. I'm trying to read as much as possible, but haven't came across one of my questions yet...what are the different floors and comma thing everyone seems to refer to? Thanks again for the support, it's nice to know others give a damn.
Each floor is 100 days quit. The comma is 1,000 days or 10 floors. We will see each other there one day. But TODAY is the only day that matters.

Offline TThomas

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Thank you for the support. Good catch there on that "if"...never meant for it that way. I will never feel this way again! I figured out the role call, just did it a bit backwards, but I know how to do it right for tomorrow. I'm trying to read as much as possible, but haven't came across one of my questions yet...what are the different floors and comma thing everyone seems to refer to? Thanks again for the support, it's nice to know others give a damn.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Diesel2112
After 20 years I quit on Monday March 31st at 4:00pm....Monday evening and night were fine, yesterday and last night were pure hell.  I seriously want to rip someone apart!  I have no focus and seriously set at me computer doing nothing for most of the afternoon yesterday.  Last night was like a freaking nightmare, I think I fell asleep for about 30 minutes all night. This morning my mouth feels raw from eating so many damn sunflower seeds! My lovely wife went to 2 Walmarts and 2 Gas Stations yesterday to find me some fake stuff and of course no one has any!!!  If I survive this no way in hell will I ever put myself through this misery again!

Tyler
If?
How bad do you want this? I am not a smart man but I do know that you cannot die from quitting dip.
You'll survive if you quit every day. You will die if you go back to the can.

I quit with you.
I see you posted your day 2, that's great. Now, as diesel pointed out, IF? That is addiction talk. That is leaving the door open for a way out, a cave. We don't do that here, we slam every door, TIGHT! I suggest reading all you can, words of wisdom, HOF speeches and intros. (Diesels intro is a good start if you want to see where and what determination can get you through. I'm not gonna wish you luck because luck doesn't have a role in quitting, pure determination does.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: rdad
After 20 years I quit on Monday March 31st at 4:00pm....Monday evening and night were fine, yesterday and last night were pure hell.  I seriously want to rip someone apart!  I have no focus and seriously set at me computer doing nothing for most of the afternoon yesterday.  Last night was like a freaking nightmare, I think I fell asleep for about 30 minutes all night. This morning my mouth feels raw from eating so many damn sunflower seeds! My lovely wife went to 2 Walmarts and 2 Gas Stations yesterday to find me some fake stuff and of course no one has any!!!  If I survive this no way in hell will I ever put myself through this misery again!

Tyler
If?
How bad do you want this? I am not a smart man but I do know that you cannot die from quitting dip.
You'll survive if you quit every day. You will die if you go back to the can.

I quit with you.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »

Tyler
If?

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »

Tyler
If?
yeah good catch diesel...if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle...
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
After 20 years I quit on Monday March 31st at 4:00pm....Monday evening and night were fine, yesterday and last night were pure hell. I seriously want to rip someone apart! I have no focus and seriously set at me computer doing nothing for most of the afternoon yesterday. Last night was like a freaking nightmare, I think I fell asleep for about 30 minutes all night. This morning my mouth feels raw from eating so many damn sunflower seeds! My lovely wife went to 2 Walmarts and 2 Gas Stations yesterday to find me some fake stuff and of course no one has any!!! If I survive this no way in hell will I ever put myself through this misery again!

Tyler
If?
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
After 20 years I quit on Monday March 31st at 4:00pm....Monday evening and night were fine, yesterday and last night were pure hell. I seriously want to rip someone apart! I have no focus and seriously set at me computer doing nothing for most of the afternoon yesterday. Last night was like a freaking nightmare, I think I fell asleep for about 30 minutes all night. This morning my mouth feels raw from eating so many damn sunflower seeds! My lovely wife went to 2 Walmarts and 2 Gas Stations yesterday to find me some fake stuff and of course no one has any!!! If I survive this no way in hell will I ever put myself through this misery again!

Tyler

Dig on the misery of this bro. This is the price you pay for freedom... real freedom. It sucks... hard. We know. We went through it too. The good news is that it DOES get better. It really does. When? That's hard to say because everyone is different. I will tell you, right now, own it. Own the fact that you're quit. You're not trying. You're not in the process... you're quit. Get on up to the Welcome Center link at the top of the page and get to know this place. Get to know how and why we do things around here. You will be a part of the new July group... I'm a July alumn from last year. If I can do this... YOU can do this!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »

Tyler
DId you post roll call yet? Red link top of screen "welcome center"! Read how to post and what it is all about. You're about half way through the worst part of the suck! Remember how bad you feel.......embrace it.......if you start to think about caving later remember that you don't want to go through this again.

You can do it!
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline TThomas

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »

Tyler