Author Topic: Youngblood  (Read 643 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Youngblood
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 10:21:00 PM »
Hang in there yb! The battle has just begun! Once an addict always an addict! Doing great don't ever let your guard down olé nic bitch waiting on one weak second to suck your ass back in! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Keep posting roll daily, it is the source of quit. Happy to be quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline YoungBlood

• Quitter
  • Interests: Leaving KTC
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
Quote from: flrednek28
Quote from: YoungBlood
It's been just 2 weeks and I thought that I would write my introduction, cause frankly I didn't think that I would ever make it this far. I am approaching 41 and been dipping Skoal for 18 years. I don't even really know how I got started except it was in college and the veteran football players dipped and i took a liking to it. I was not into drinking alcohol therefore I liked the dip.
I tried to quit over the years especially with my first marriage because she didn't like it. I would hide it from her as best as I could. My current marriage is a different story because she doesn't care if I do it. The freedom to dip where and when ever I wanted never gave me any reason to quit.
So why am I quitting now? I found myself dipping more,spending more money and enjoying less. i use to think that dipping was keeping the weight off, but now i am heavier than ever before, have high blood pressure and take anxiety medicine. I want to quit nicotine then start on my weight loss.
KTC has been amazing for me the past two weeks. When I signed up it took me over 2 weeks to get the courage to just post my first roll call. I read everything I could when I joined and tried to talk myself into posting roll that first time. I made some comments in the General Discussion and it wasn't any time at all that I was getting PM's and comments of encouragement that I can do this. I had a full can going into the weekend and I made the decision to flush that shit. I knew if i threw it away I would dig through the trash can if I had too.

~YoungBlood~
Glad you finally posted intro YB, and glad you made the decision to QUIT as well! ODAAT and I know it it is getting easier for me every day. Stay Strong and QUIT with ya May Brother!
I said my wife didn't care. She does hate the spit cans, spitting, dip in my teeth, and the smell of dip breath. So she is very excited that I am doing this. Thanks for the support..

Offline flrednek28

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Jan 23, 2015
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
It's been just 2 weeks and I thought that I would write my introduction, cause frankly I didn't think that I would ever make it this far. I am approaching 41 and been dipping Skoal for 18 years. I don't even really know how I got started except it was in college and the veteran football players dipped and i took a liking to it. I was not into drinking alcohol therefore I liked the dip.
I tried to quit over the years especially with my first marriage because she didn't like it. I would hide it from her as best as I could. My current marriage is a different story because she doesn't care if I do it. The freedom to dip where and when ever I wanted never gave me any reason to quit.
So why am I quitting now? I found myself dipping more,spending more money and enjoying less. i use to think that dipping was keeping the weight off, but now i am heavier than ever before, have high blood pressure and take anxiety medicine. I want to quit nicotine then start on my weight loss.
KTC has been amazing for me the past two weeks. When I signed up it took me over 2 weeks to get the courage to just post my first roll call. I read everything I could when I joined and tried to talk myself into posting roll that first time. I made some comments in the General Discussion and it wasn't any time at all that I was getting PM's and comments of encouragement that I can do this. I had a full can going into the weekend and I made the decision to flush that shit. I knew if i threw it away I would dig through the trash can if I had too.

~YoungBlood~
Glad you finally posted intro YB, and glad you made the decision to QUIT as well! ODAAT and I know it it is getting easier for me every day. Stay Strong and QUIT with ya May Brother!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »

~YoungBlood~
Awesome my friend! Keep up the hard work and oh yeah how would like kissing your wife after she just spit out fatty? That shit stinks and it's gross! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
Welcome to the fold Youngblood. Glad you came forward. 'Popcorn'
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
Welcome YoungBlood!
You're kicking ass, keep it up!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »

~YoungBlood~
Awesome.

True evidence that this place works. Great decision to flush your can and mand up, YB. Like you, I have dumpster dived many, many times in my life.

I too, finally got to the point where I was just tired of dipping, and not getting any enjoyment out of it.

Glad you are here, and you have embraced KTC full throttle. This place, and the people here will absolutely help you save your life.

And btw, I'll bet if your wife had her 'druthers, she'd rather have you dip free. She may say she doesn't care.....but....
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline YoungBlood

• Quitter
  • Interests: Leaving KTC
Youngblood
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »

~YoungBlood~