Author Topic: "Lock In"  (Read 534 times)

Offline nomorepoison

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Lock In"
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
That's awesome!! My wife and daughter left town for a few days and it was the perfect chance to wallow in my own misery without dragging them down--I started on the day they left. It certainly has worked so far. When they got back I was on day five and the worst of the "angry/foggy/can't see straight" part was past. Several other times I have caved trying to quit on my own and one of my favorite excuses was that I was being a jerk to my wife. I'm pretty sure dying of cancer, bad breath, endless health problems, wasting money we need, leaving my daugher fatherless-------I'm pretty sure all of that is way more of a jerk move than dealing with The Quit. You can do it. You can do it. Don't even pretend it will be easy. Know it will suck. after a few days it's a mind game. the mind game still sucks, but I am no longer losing my shit. You can do it. don't give up !!!!

NoMorePoison

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
Also, I see that you've posted your day 1 already. Congrats! Good to see you grasp the gist of things already. You've made your promise for today, now keep your word. When tomorrow comes, do the same thing. Excellent work, man.
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Hey, it's great to have you here and what a fantastic set of choices you are making!

It seems that you've posted already somewhere else although I cannot locate it, so in case you haven't received a real welcoming post yet, here you go.

First thing you wanna do is check out the Welcome Center. Here, reading the topics included will tell you everything you need to know about KTC.. What it is, how it works, why we do what we do etc. After you've read this, head on over to your respective Quit Group and post up your day 1 (if you haven't already!).

Stop in to the Live Chatroom, re-register, and connect with fellow quitters. Form relationships and exchange numbers for when those terrible craves come about. Read, read, and read some more on the site. This will strengthen your quit incredibly. Formulate a QUIT PLAN. What will you do to prevent a cave from occurring?

I'm glad to see you make such a wonderful decision, atvhero. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to PM me. If you'd like a number to implement into your quit plan, feel free to ask and I'll shoot it your way. I quit with you today!

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline atvhero

• Quitter
"Lock In"
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
'bang head' This is Day one. I Live in Colorado and have been married for three years. My daughter is three. I have locked myself in my basement with food and movies and will not come out until Tuesday. I will get through the first three days without outside stress and without trying to kill my family. I have a lot more to say, but to be honest, I don't feel like typing. Fuck the fact that nicotine can make me feel like this. And to think I am the one who decided to put it into my system in the first place.