Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 19743 times)

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #723 on: December 28, 2016, 12:44:00 AM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Pinched
Hitting Home

On July 15, 2013 I made a conscious decision to quit. That decision was all mine to make and I did just that, I have enjoyed meeting and helping others in their quit journey along the way; however, for some reason here of late I have done just the minimums of posting roll and hell some days I just plain forget all together to even do that. I can't really explain it other than to said I became complacent. No I have not caved nor is that even an option but I have missed roll and that is my daily promise also rule #1 around here. I am still an addict, I may always be an addict. I need to be better at reinvesting the few minutes a day to KTC and all of my fellow quitters here, I say that not as a selfless act but also as a selfish act because I need this more than I thought I did.

I also want to state that two days ago I lost a childhood friend of mine to a heart attack. I am not yet 40 years old nor was he but he is gone and gone in a flash without a sign. This is the first ever friend of mine to die of natural causes; so it hits me especially hard. I have buried many a friend and soldier along the way but this well frankly it scares the living shit out of me. A little over a year ago I decided to start chasing my new addiction triathlons and since I have completed one full distance Ironman and 5 half Ironman races along with a few other races. I sign up for 10 and 15k run for training and expect to finish them strong each time. I eat better, I train, I work out and I listen to what my body is trying to tell me.

Now that may all sound great but what I have done is failed to be a real friend to others. With a busy work and travel schedule, a heavy training regimen and kids it is nearly impossible to be a friend too. Well fuck that today is the day that I am taking back some of my time and working to become a better man, a better friend and a better brother. Though I am a firm believe in the one act of kindness a day ploy I think this should just be the normal for all Americans. Not today, today for me is all about calling one old friend a day just to say hello. Nothing really to share or talk about, no agenda, no plan just simply hello. Not a text message, not a Facebook post, not a #tweet, not a Instagram image, not a Meme...simply "hello" hell, maybe even a "thank you". Now for those of you from KTC whose phone number I have I should warn you I have a new number for myself but I still have yours so when you see an unknown number show up it just might be me, just calling to say hello.

If I don't call you...well I don't have your number or my list of contacts is so deep that you are on the waiting list. So with the later being of a high likelihood, I will at a minimum make a KTC Post to say hello to all my brothers and sisters in quit. Without you assholes I would not have posted 1,256 days quit today so hello and thank you!

P
Condolences on losing your friend. It is always a tragedy when we lose someone close.

I have always said we need to continue to force our self to learn each day. We have come so far, just keep it up and move forward each day with something learned so that we never go back.

Congrats on those triathlons. A huge accomplishment to finish them, and my utmost respect in doing so.

just never forget those who helped you, who became a part of your family in getting to where you are. It could be 50 people, it could be 5. But it is those who you are closest with, that will be there for you and keep you clean.

be good my friend, and Merry Christmas, as there will be angels watching over you and your family this year.
Condolences to you about your friend. Sounds like you just got punched in the face with a good ol' reality slap of "life is short," "live life to the fullest", and "no regrets." Control. It's all about control. Freedom from nicotine = control ...but only in one facet. I think once you have won back control over nicotine and continue to maintain that control, you can tackle other elements that may not be in control. Health, wife, kids, family, loved ones, friends, work, hobbies, relaxing ...all examples of things we can work to control. Sure, getting better at any of those may not change the outcome or our fate, but at least we can say we didn't die trying. No regrets.
Respect. Support. Gratitude.
Hey Pinched. Missing you.....Still have my number?
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #722 on: December 22, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Hitting Home

On July 15, 2013 I made a conscious decision to quit. That decision was all mine to make and I did just that, I have enjoyed meeting and helping others in their quit journey along the way; however, for some reason here of late I have done just the minimums of posting roll and hell some days I just plain forget all together to even do that. I can't really explain it other than to said I became complacent. No I have not caved nor is that even an option but I have missed roll and that is my daily promise also rule #1 around here. I am still an addict, I may always be an addict. I need to be better at reinvesting the few minutes a day to KTC and all of my fellow quitters here, I say that not as a selfless act but also as a selfish act because I need this more than I thought I did.

I also want to state that two days ago I lost a childhood friend of mine to a heart attack. I am not yet 40 years old nor was he but he is gone and gone in a flash without a sign. This is the first ever friend of mine to die of natural causes; so it hits me especially hard. I have buried many a friend and soldier along the way but this well frankly it scares the living shit out of me. A little over a year ago I decided to start chasing my new addiction triathlons and since I have completed one full distance Ironman and 5 half Ironman races along with a few other races. I sign up for 10 and 15k run for training and expect to finish them strong each time. I eat better, I train, I work out and I listen to what my body is trying to tell me.

Now that may all sound great but what I have done is failed to be a real friend to others. With a busy work and travel schedule, a heavy training regimen and kids it is nearly impossible to be a friend too. Well fuck that today is the day that I am taking back some of my time and working to become a better man, a better friend and a better brother. Though I am a firm believe in the one act of kindness a day ploy I think this should just be the normal for all Americans. Not today, today for me is all about calling one old friend a day just to say hello. Nothing really to share or talk about, no agenda, no plan just simply hello. Not a text message, not a Facebook post, not a #tweet, not a Instagram image, not a Meme...simply "hello" hell, maybe even a "thank you". Now for those of you from KTC whose phone number I have I should warn you I have a new number for myself but I still have yours so when you see an unknown number show up it just might be me, just calling to say hello.

If I don't call you...well I don't have your number or my list of contacts is so deep that you are on the waiting list. So with the later being of a high likelihood, I will at a minimum make a KTC Post to say hello to all my brothers and sisters in quit. Without you assholes I would not have posted 1,256 days quit today so hello and thank you!

P
Condolences on losing your friend. It is always a tragedy when we lose someone close.

I have always said we need to continue to force our self to learn each day. We have come so far, just keep it up and move forward each day with something learned so that we never go back.

Congrats on those triathlons. A huge accomplishment to finish them, and my utmost respect in doing so.

just never forget those who helped you, who became a part of your family in getting to where you are. It could be 50 people, it could be 5. But it is those who you are closest with, that will be there for you and keep you clean.

be good my friend, and Merry Christmas, as there will be angels watching over you and your family this year.
Condolences to you about your friend. Sounds like you just got punched in the face with a good ol' reality slap of "life is short," "live life to the fullest", and "no regrets." Control. It's all about control. Freedom from nicotine = control ...but only in one facet. I think once you have won back control over nicotine and continue to maintain that control, you can tackle other elements that may not be in control. Health, wife, kids, family, loved ones, friends, work, hobbies, relaxing ...all examples of things we can work to control. Sure, getting better at any of those may not change the outcome or our fate, but at least we can say we didn't die trying. No regrets.
Respect. Support. Gratitude.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2016, 10:08:00 PM »
Hitting Home

P

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
Hitting Home

P

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #719 on: December 21, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »
Hitting Home

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #718 on: July 19, 2016, 07:21:00 AM »
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Ginet
Hey friend. Three years? How amazing is this? Thank you for being a bad ass example for me and so many others here. Love u brother.
Belated congrats Pinched! Proud of you and to stand beside you daily in the journey.
Sorry Corey I was the one who jumped the gun on your 3year in the Oct 2013 group. Today is officially the day and I'm proud as hell to quit with you.
Premature congratulation huh? shocker
Congrats on the comma quitter!
Bad Asses Quitter for 3 years and counting. Keep Killing it Corey! QLF with you EDD
Nice 3 years congrats!!!!
'oh yeah' owning it every damn day
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #717 on: July 16, 2016, 03:33:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Hey friend. Three years? How amazing is this? Thank you for being a bad ass example for me and so many others here. Love u brother.
Belated congrats Pinched! Proud of you and to stand beside you daily in the journey.
Sorry Corey I was the one who jumped the gun on your 3year in the Oct 2013 group. Today is officially the day and I'm proud as hell to quit with you.
Bad Asses Quitter for 3 years and counting. Keep Killing it Corey! QLF with you EDD
Nice 3 years congrats!!!!
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #716 on: July 16, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #715 on: July 16, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #714 on: July 15, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #713 on: July 15, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #712 on: July 14, 2016, 07:03:00 AM »

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #711 on: July 14, 2016, 01:08:00 AM »
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #710 on: July 13, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
P
Congrats on your 3 years quit!
Thanks for your support, leading the way and staying the course.
Awesome 3 year's! Congratulations you badass!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #709 on: July 13, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »
P
Congrats on your 3 years quit!
Thanks for your support, leading the way and staying the course.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day