Author Topic: "The Bear" User For 10 Years. Starting To Quit.  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "The Bear" User For 10 Years. Starting To Quit.
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 12:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Offender_Mullet
Very true guys. Thanks again. This Hooch is great so far. Very close to dip as you can get, mainly due to the burning, but I can't wait for the milder stuff to come in.

Is there a thread on here where people give the specific toxins (and ingredients) that are in different brands of dip? I still have yet to find a good breakdown of products. I've always been curious as to what kind of crap we put into our mouths.
words of wisdom...... dipping facts by Greg5280... some good stuff there if you are curious as to which group of poison you enjoyed swallowing
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline Offender_Mullet

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »
Very true guys. Thanks again. This Hooch is great so far. Very close to dip as you can get, mainly due to the burning, but I can't wait for the milder stuff to come in.

Is there a thread on here where people give the specific toxins (and ingredients) that are in different brands of dip? I still have yet to find a good breakdown of products. I've always been curious as to what kind of crap we put into our mouths.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: NKT
GlennFtheKodiak,

I should've worded it better, but only one dip in the last 4 days, when I was doing 4+ Kodiak dips per day and leaving them in for a few hours at a time I think is a great start.  :D I honestly didn't think I'd last more than a few hours without wanting to throw a Kodiak in, so that's why I'm shocked I've been doing a lot better than I originally thought I would.
Yeah, it's tough to cut back. Tougher than quitting really... each time you get some nicotine, you reset the clock on the physical withdrawals. You will go through withdrawal symptoms for about three days following your last dose of nicotine - kick that shit to the curb and make this the last time you go through it. As long as you stay clear of the nicotine, the physical stuff is over pretty quick, and you never have to go through it again unless you choose to by reintroducing nicotine.

Welcome aboard!
No, I knew what you meant. Yes it is a great accomplishment but i wanted you to know the difference between that and truly being quit and just to make you aware that again, that on here, once you are quit, it means you are quit, for good. Any bit of nicotine is a cave, and like Nathan said, each time you put nicotine in your body you are setting yourself to have to go through withdrawls every time.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline nkt

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
GlennFtheKodiak,

I should've worded it better, but only one dip in the last 4 days, when I was doing 4+ Kodiak dips per day and leaving them in for a few hours at a time I think is a great start.  :D I honestly didn't think I'd last more than a few hours without wanting to throw a Kodiak in, so that's why I'm shocked I've been doing a lot better than I originally thought I would.
Yeah, it's tough to cut back. Tougher than quitting really... each time you get some nicotine, you reset the clock on the physical withdrawals. You will go through withdrawal symptoms for about three days following your last dose of nicotine - kick that shit to the curb and make this the last time you go through it. As long as you stay clear of the nicotine, the physical stuff is over pretty quick, and you never have to go through it again unless you choose to by reintroducing nicotine.

Welcome aboard!

Offline Offender_Mullet

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
GlennFtheKodiak,

I should've worded it better, but only one dip in the last 4 days, when I was doing 4+ Kodiak dips per day and leaving them in for a few hours at a time I think is a great start. :D I honestly didn't think I'd last more than a few hours without wanting to throw a Kodiak in, so that's why I'm shocked I've been doing a lot better than I originally thought I would.

Offline ALBYJAY

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: GlennFtheKodiak
Mullet just to clarify and I am surprised no one else caught this, don't even think about supplementing the fake stuff with Kodiak. You mentioned having one dip of Kodiak in the last 4 days while you were doing the other stuff. that's not quit.

Once you decide you are completely done with that stuff you are quit. Use as much of the fake stuff as you want, chew seeds, licorice, tea bags, pussy, your fingernails, whatever, as long as there is NO nicotine. No dip, no NRT gum, no patches, no nothing.

If you haven't done so post up your name in the forums section of August 2010.

Glad to have you here.
So far the only one I have liked is Smokey mountain Peach. No pepper in that one.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Mullet just to clarify and I am surprised no one else caught this, don't even think about supplementing the fake stuff with Kodiak. You mentioned having one dip of Kodiak in the last 4 days while you were doing the other stuff. that's not quit.

Once you decide you are completely done with that stuff you are quit. Use as much of the fake stuff as you want, chew seeds, licorice, tea bags, pussy, your fingernails, whatever, as long as there is NO nicotine. No dip, no NRT gum, no patches, no nothing.

If you haven't done so post up your name in the forums section of August 2010.

Glad to have you here.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Offender_Mullet

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Just ordered a Young's sampler. I'll let you know what I think of that and the Smokey Mountain product after I've tried them out.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Welcome

Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen. I included a link for alternatives to the chew.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: PieRat
Hello everyone, just like the title says I've used Kodiak for over a decade. On average about 3-4 tins per week, which isn't as hardcore as some of you, but still a lot. Then, if I wanted even more nicotine I'd toss-in some Rooster Wintergreen, which to me has the most nicotine out of any dip I've ever tried.

My gums are starting to get really tender and my teeth are showing wear as well. I'm glad I found this site. I read through some stories on here and decided to try and kick this gnarly habit.

I bought some Hooch Wintergreen and have been doing it a few times a day for the past 4 days. I've only had one Kodiak dip during this time, so needless to say I am VERY surprised I've been this controlled. I thought I'd be loosing my mind.

Hooch is a nice product, although the "burning" sensation is a tad too strong and lasts way too long. After all these years of Kodiak abuse, I'd like something that's easy on my now-tender gums. Are there any of herbal chews that don't contain pepper?
Damn...They still make Rooster???

God I loved that shit. I will not be TEMPTED though LOL!!! 'finger point'

Anyway welcome aboard! Check out the mint chew snuff.

http://www.mintsnuff.com/detailedinformation.htm

I am not sure if it is made with any pepper or not. Might just be the oils they are using as well.
The only one that I know of that doesn't contain any pepper is Young's

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

you can see ingredients here: http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/ingredients.asp

Also, welcome! I've got only one issue with what you've written:
I read through some stories on here and decided to try and kick this gnarly habit.
In the immortal words of the small green one... Do or do not. There is no try.

chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline Offender_Mullet

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
lol. Oh that was back in the day with Rooster. I think that's been discontinued, but man did that stuff pack a punch.....more like a knockout.

I tried that Mint Snuff a few years ago, but it's a bit hard from what I remember. That seems like the only one that doesn't use pepper though.

I ordered some Smokey Mountain chew yesterday, but just saw it contains pepper to. lol 'embarrassed'

Offline PieRat

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
Hello everyone, just like the title says I've used Kodiak for over a decade. On average about 3-4 tins per week, which isn't as hardcore as some of you, but still a lot. Then, if I wanted even more nicotine I'd toss-in some Rooster Wintergreen, which to me has the most nicotine out of any dip I've ever tried.

My gums are starting to get really tender and my teeth are showing wear as well. I'm glad I found this site. I read through some stories on here and decided to try and kick this gnarly habit.

I bought some Hooch Wintergreen and have been doing it a few times a day for the past 4 days. I've only had one Kodiak dip during this time, so needless to say I am VERY surprised I've been this controlled. I thought I'd be loosing my mind.

Hooch is a nice product, although the "burning" sensation is a tad too strong and lasts way too long. After all these years of Kodiak abuse, I'd like something that's easy on my now-tender gums. Are there any of herbal chews that don't contain pepper?
Damn...They still make Rooster???

God I loved that shit. I will not be TEMPTED though LOL!!! 'finger point'

Anyway welcome aboard! Check out the mint chew snuff.

http://www.mintsnuff.com/detailedinformation.htm

I am not sure if it is made with any pepper or not. Might just be the oils they are using as well.
Try Rat Dip!

04/27/2010 - The QUIT began

Offline Offender_Mullet

"The Bear" User For 10 Years. Starting To Quit.
« on: May 07, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »